dennisl

TW2000 overheating and turning off

My Epson TW2000 is now on its 3rd bulb which I recently installed.  Shortly after (11 hrs of use) it is now turning off after only being on for about a minute.  Not long enough to overheat, the fans are still operational.  What might be the problem?

Have you replaced the air filter? Start there, cheap part too.

Did you replace the globe with a genuine epson one or an after market? 

Yes.  I have even taken the lid off and cleaned the inside of the projector in case there was any dust build up an any of the internal sensors.  From google searches I have made it might be a Thermister? failure. 

On 14/04/2020 at 9:56 AM, dennisl said:

Yes.  I have even taken the lid off and cleaned the inside of the projector in case there was any dust build up an any of the internal sensors.  From google searches I have made it might be a Thermister? failure. 

Not sure what they might cost but get it to a service centre to get fixed. Don't think there's any other option.

http://tech.epson.com.au/contact/

I just heard from the repair people.  They tell me that my TW2000 needs a new motherboard and they are unable to source one so my projector is officially dead, RIP! 

My Panasonic TW8000 did that, and it turned out to be the air filter intake.  Check your manual, as it's a side panel thing (no need to open it up). 

You didn't mention whether you had reset the lamp timer.  The PJ will misbehave if  the lamp timer hours are too high

I had reset it and it was at 11 hours when it started to play up.

On 06/05/2020 at 9:25 PM, Chris_from_YT said:

My Panasonic TW8000 did that, and it turned out to be the air filter intake.  Check your manual, as it's a side panel thing (no need to open it up). 

The filter on this model is at the bottom of the projector and in this case on the top as I had it upside down attached to the ceiling.  The filter was OK.