foolishman

Voltage conversion of Accuphase A-48

Does anyone know how to convert voltage of Accuphase A-48 100v to 220-240v? Or does anyone provide information on voltage conversion table of Accuphase A-48?

If it has a multi-tap- switch over to 240v... most don’t.

Usually a stepdown, or transformer replacement (impractical).

Take it to an experienced electronic technician, it should be a quick 5-10 min job 🤙

Yeah, owners manual I found here says

Remarks

*This product is available in versions for 120/220/230 V AC. Make sure that the voltage shown on the rear panel matches the AC line voltage in your area.

*The 230 V version has an Eco Mode that switches power off after 120 minutes of inactivity.

*The shape of the plug of the supplied AC power cord depends on the voltage rating and destination country

http://www.accuphase.com/pdf/a-48_e.pdf

So looks like you may need to get a step down transformer from Tortech in Sydney, one that will handle the supply to that beast with some over head.

2 hours ago, muon* said:

Yeah, owners manual I found here says

Remarks

*This product is available in versions for 120/220/230 V AC. Make sure that the voltage shown on the rear panel matches the AC line voltage in your area.

*The 230 V version has an Eco Mode that switches power off after 120 minutes of inactivity.

*The shape of the plug of the supplied AC power cord depends on the voltage rating and destination country

http://www.accuphase.com/pdf/a-48_e.pdf

So looks like you may need to get a step down transformer from Tortech in Sydney, one that will handle the supply to that beast with some over head.

No need for a transformer, IME  Accuphase components can be setup by changing the wiring configuration.

Older models are simple whereas newer ones can be tricky and require an experienced technician.

@Conch

Good to know.

If I were Accuphase I'd have that fairly well pointed out in user manuals, or on there site, but I'm not them.

Posted (edited)

I know the older Accuphase models are multi tapped. I had always thought the newer 2000-onwards models, especially the domestic 100v units have a single 100v primary.

If the current and recent models are switchable that's good to know.

Edited by kelossus