Hi

Hi all, new member here from Brisbane.

More of a speaker guy, currently running Event Opals but have some HEDD Type 20's on the way. Looking forward to meeting you all and taking advantage of the classifieds.

Cheers

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Pyramid

Always good to see another member from beautiful Brissy 

Lots of great forums here.  And very knowledgeable people.   And after you have made a few posts, you’ll also have access to the classified section .  Lots of unbelievable bargains there 

enjoy

Edited by Bill125812

• 2 months later...

Hi Pyramid,

Wondering how you went with the HEDD 20s? I'm looking at this along with EVE or Adam Audio in similar model range and would like feedback on their character.

How have you got them hooked up and do you use their active software DSP for full phase and timing coherence?

Thanks in advance.

Hi WasM

Sorry have not compared these to EVE or Adam so can't comment there. Compared to Event Opal, the mids are much improved and top end not as lively. I think I preferred the top end on the Opals. Have poor acoustics in my current room, so its hard to give an impression of the low end. I would describe the HEDD as more natural sounding.

Yes, the software DSP does make small difference, but it can be a bit tricky to use depending on your computer audio setup. I'm using the plugin via Audirvana and working well. I had some issues using the virtual cable software described in the manual. Plugin will work fine if you are using it through a DAW if you are into production.

We definitely over pay for stuff like this Aus. If you live in Syd/Mel you might be able to listen in person and see how they compare vs others in that price range. I didn't have that luxury so took a leap of faith.

• Like 1