Ascension 3 way Stand Mount Bargain?

18 hours ago, bryansamui said:

I've had these Custom order 825sq for a few months now.. Completely unfatiging at High Volume.. Absolutely no " Ice Pick in the ear" so Polar opposite to Focal, Monitor Audio, B&W, Horns Klipsch etc.. These are ideal as High Volume if that's what you are looking for.    These saw a $8500 pair of Martin Logan Electrostatics 'The Door' because while the Martin Logans were incredibly revealing,they were too demanding to listen too for long periods. These Ascensions are not far behind in detail retrieval and do i suppose lack the ultimate speed on transients (Being a box speaker) but i still ultimately prefer them.. Better more tuneful Bass, sweet detailed mid, Wider sweet spot, no fatigue with that tweeter.. I auditioned speakers up to $4000  and none were as good probably because at $4000 you couldn't expect SB acoustics NRX drivers which these have.. Also Edward is a " Master of the Transmission Line" which few manufacturers attempt because of the complexity of the design, opting for the lazy designers way and use the simple (and highly profitable) bass reflex design . Calling Edward "An Average speaker designer" is like calling Michelangelo "An Average Painter" 

IMG_20200905_082133.jpg

IMG_20200905_082059.jpg

Damn! They look lovely!!!! Congrats!

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm the same. They were some of the best speakers I owned at the time in their price bracket and sounded better to me than new higher priced name brands that I put them against. I have since move

I've had these Custom order 825sq for a few months now.. Completely unfatiging at High Volume.. Absolutely no " Ice Pick in the ear" so Polar opposite to Focal, Monitor Audio, B&W, Horns Klipsch e

I've been enjoying a pair of these for nearly 2 years. The mid and bass drivers are from SB Acoustics NRX range. These are a step up in sound quality from the drivers in the AS Summoner 863 I had

5 hours ago, jamiebosco said:

Damn! They look lovely!!!! Congrats!

Thanks.. With the quality of the drivers, I would not like to 'Hazard a quess' to how much they'd cost if they  were imported, attracted Import duty, plus a distributor margin and then a retailer margin.... They wouldn't be cheap.. We are so lucky to have this manufacturer sell direct and have him local. 

• Like 2