Guys, I need some help to diagnose a problem with my Home theatre system.

I am getting some random popping from all speakers. It is not just one or two speakers, its all of them including the subwoofer. The popping causes all speakers to move its cone to its full excursion and it is just as loud as the volume set on AVR.

Some information on the equipments that I have in use.

AVR: Sony STR-DN1080

Fronts: Ascension speakers (Adelaide speakers) Summoners Floorstanders

Center: Ascension speakers (Adelaide speakers).

Surrounds: Polk T15

Ceiling (Atmos): Micca 8" speakers.

Subwoofer: SVS-SB2000

Media player: Minix Neo U9

Sony: UBP-X800

TV:  TCL P65US

Now the popping occurs very randomly, whatever the source is. Even when watching TV with its ARC channel it occurs and also occurs when watching Atmos Movie through NAS. I have no idea why or what causes it, nor I have been able to replicate the popping.

All system mentioned above are about two years old, so not sure what could be causing it. I have done full factory reset on all equipments, removed all connections, took the AVR out and blew it with garden blower to remove any dirts inside if any, yet it happens. 

Does anyone have any idea or suggestions where to begin with this issue.

It sounds like the receiver is at fault if you're getting it on all input sources.

It sounds like DC pulses could be appearing on the speaker outputs (you are able to see all the speaker cones move to full excursion).

I'd be finding out who the Sony service agent is in your location and taking the receiver to them asap.

Continuing to use it with that fault present seems likely to end up damaging your pseakers.

39 minutes ago, pwstereo said:

It sounds like the receiver is at fault if you're getting it on all input sources.

It sounds like DC pulses could be appearing on the speaker outputs (you are able to see all the speaker cones move to full excursion).

I'd be finding out who the Sony service agent is in your location and taking the receiver to them asap.

Continuing to use it with that fault present seems likely to end up damaging your pseakers.

Hmm...

That is what I am thinking as well could be the case. But it really is very random, sometimes it doesn't occur at all and some times it would occur every other second.

Yeah, I think I am gonna have to get Sony to take a look at it.

Hi

i have  been getting noises popping from my Sony amp, when I use my tv to play netflix.....

what happened with Sony ?

On 19/04/2020 at 2:24 AM, larry2 said:

Hi

i have  been getting noises popping from my Sony amp, when I use my tv to play netflix.....

what happened with Sony ?

I did call Sony to have the amp investigated through their warranty repair. It is still with them under troubleshooting, I have no further news from them.

They took it on Thursday and today is Monday so only 2 business days have gone by, I suppose I will ring them up in day or two to find out if they were able to isolate the issue and fix it.

Mine used to pop from any sources, Bluray player, media player, youtube (TV), Netflix (TV).

I suggest, you do the same and ring up Sony.

1 hour ago, bluehalk said:

I suggest, you do the same and ring up Sony.

Good advice!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Duc92
      Item: Sony PVM 14” or 20” CRT Monitor
      Price Range: $100-$1000
      Item Condition: In Great Condition
      Extra Info:
      Hi Guys,

This ad is to BUY!

Just reaching out to see anyone wanting to sell!

I am after any Models for Sony PVM 14” or 20”

Most preferred to be picked up in Sydney!
      But if you know how to ship a CRT TV I am happy to purchase in Australia too!
      Thanks!

• By :) Go Away (:
      Item Condition: 9/10 - Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Oran Park State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No Longer Required Further information: 

Up for sale is Sony's flagship 4K Bluray player along with few bluray movie titles.

This is a premium audio and video 4K bluray Player in an excellent condition. This unit has two HDMI outputs, perfect to split the Video and Audio for those older receivers that do not support 4K passthrough. 
      Selling this unit along with few other gears for additional funds for Power amplifier purchase.

Manufacturer Specs: https://www.sony.com.au/electronics/support/home-video-blu-ray-disc-players-recorders/ubp-x800/specifications
      Reviews: https://www.whathifi.com/au/sony/ubp-x800/review
      https://www.techradar.com/au/reviews/sony-ubp-x800-4k-uhd-blu-ray-player

As mentioned and as seen in photos, this sale also includes following bluray titles to get you started on bluray viewing.
      Thor: Ragnarok: 4K Ultra HD + Bluray
      Spiderman: Homecoming: 4K Ultra HD + Bluray
      Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition): Bluray
      300 Spartans: Bluray
      Transformers: Dark of the moon: Bluray
      Fast and Furious collection (1 - 6): Bluray
      The Fate of the Furious: 4K Ultra HD + Bluray

I do not have original box. However, I can pack well for shipping (at buyer's expense) or local pick up can be organised from Oran Park, NSW 2570.

Photos:

• By :) Go Away (:
      Item Condition: New Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Oran Park State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Anthem Further information: Brand New sealed unit with 12 months Warranty

Up for sale is a Brand new sealed AVR from Sony's top of the range, Sony STR DN1080 with current RRP of $1749.

This is a very well reviewed and highly praised 7.2 or 5.2.2 Dolby Atmos, DTS-X AVR and comes with all the latest technologies, including 4K HDR, Dolby Vision, DSD play back and DSEE HX upscaling. built in audio Chromecast, Apple Airplay and multiroom audio.

Manufacturer's website: https://www.sony.com.au/electronics/av-receivers/str-dn1080
      Reviews: https://www.whathifi.com/au/sony/str-dn1080/review
      https://www.cnet.com/reviews/sony-str-dn1080-review/
      https://www.avforums.com/reviews/sony-str-dn1080-7-2-channel-av-receiver-review.14623

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/sony-str-dn1080-7-2-channel-home-theater-av-receiver

I initially had purchased this unit back in early 2019 and had been very happy and satisfied with it. Unfortunately, I ran in to an issue with my unit, where my speakers were popping and had raised warranty repair with Sony. Given the current COVID-19 situation, Sony were unable to source the required parts from overseas for the repair and as a result, Sony has supplied me with a Brand new replacement unit. I am taking this opportunity to move up to the food chain to get Anthem MRX receivers, thus the sale. 

This is a new sealed unit still in its box direct from Sony and comes with full 12 months of Warranty. I will also include the proof of purchase for warranty purposes.

Please note: Last two photos are stock photos of the unit as the unit is still in the box.

• By mugwampjism
      Item Condition: Excellent Used condition Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Sydney City and Blue Mountains State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT preferred, PayPal, In-person cash Reason for selling: A lethal case of Upgraditis Further information: Same applies here as for the DAP I have for sale.
      I purchased this to accompany a pair of low sensitivity cans that I owned briefly
      Then I putnit back in its box and didn't need it anymore.
      Battery has been stored thoughtfully.
      No scratches or signs of wear.
      The rubber pads and straps are unused and included, as is all cables documents and box

With regards to the power this little guy provides, it is absolutely impressive, and a pleasure to use. Way too much power. No noise. Nice tonality. And I wish all my mini-jacks were 4.4mm. 2.5mm seems.. small, after this guy.

Postage $15 including insurance.

10% discount right off the bat if you buy two of my items for sale.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By mugwampjism
      Item Condition: Excellent Used condition Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT preferred, PayPal, In-person cash Reason for selling: Upgraditis! Help! Further information:
      I have had this for over a year. I purchased it on a trip to Melbourne at JB hi-fi, and I also used it for a resort trip to Fiji. Otherwise, it has been sitting in its box at 50% charge, ready for duty.
      It's in great condition - I have always been careful with my devices, my wife would roll her eyes and interject "fastidious", as if I'm the wierdo..
      It has never missed a beat, as you would expect from a Sony device, the battery is still in great condition, and I can safely pass it on to a new owner with no worries about performance or quality. Comes with a rubber armour case, black, and all the cables and paraphernalia. I am happy to send this to you, express post, for $15. Also selling a Sony Pha-2a portable amp on another listing.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.