WTB: Upper mid-level / lower hi-end floorstanders

Item: Upper mid-level / lower hi-end floorstanders (see below for examples)
Price Range: Depends what's on offer and value for money 
Item Condition:  Used
Extra Info:

Testing the market for what might be out there in terms of upper mid-level / lower hi-end floorstanders (see below for examples).

I'm ready to buy if offer stacks up and you don't want the hassle of going through the advertising process (I've got gear here that I'll simply keep rather than go through the painfulness of selling - I suspect there are other people out there in a similar boat).

Generally I'm pretty open regarding sonic signature and can find something to "love" in most speakers (at this price point it shouldn't be a huge issue).

Not looking to get ripped (if you're offering something at 80% of retail I'm probably not your guy).

Preferences but not essential:

• Prefer nice wood grain (but black would be OK);
  • East Coast preferred (just for ease of transport - but not essential for right gear);
  • Willingness to ship (but depending on location - AND LOCKDOWN STATUS - I'm be prepared to travel to pick up the right speaker);
  • Open-minded audiophile happy to talk things through and help me make the right choice;

Examples of speakers I would have investigated VERY STRONGLY if I'd been ready / quick enough are as below (suspect I'm not alone on some of these).

I am going to list my Duntech Princess' soon. It's the Crown Prince in a nicer outfit.

Throwing my own into the mix:

Rrp has since bumped to $10,999 - they are sort of Dyn-ish and less than 12 months old.

Edited by H.E. Pennypacker

On 11/04/2020 at 11:07 PM, H.E. Pennypacker said:

Throwing my own into the mix:

Rrp has since bumped to $10,999 - they are sort of Dyn-ish and less than 12 months old.

I've never heard the Rubicons but I did like my Dali 400s back in the 90s. I'll PM shortly.

On 11/04/2020 at 10:24 PM, kelossus said:

I am going to list my Duntech Princess' soon. It's the Crown Prince in a nicer outfit.

You've grabbed my attention...

2 hours ago, Eagleeyes said:

2 options I have for sale for you.

I've been eyeing the WARs - but I'm a long way away and audition would be near impossible... :(

They certainly short-list on "interesting" and "uniqueness" 

On 16/04/2020 at 7:04 PM, MTG said:

I've been eyeing the WARs - but I'm a long way away and audition would be near impossible... :(

They certainly short-list on "interesting" and "uniqueness" 

Well ask anyone who has commented on them who has heard them, they are so very very good and only bettered by a set of Wilson Benesche Chimeras with matching subwoofers . 

For the money you cannot lose, I could set them up and video them but agin thats still not very realistic.

Adam

Edited by Eagleeyes

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Still looking but this COVID lockdown thing is making looking nearly impossible - I'd only drop money on a speaker I've heard before "unseen" - certainly can't justify buying something unseen and never heard (almost certain to end in tears) apologies for the frustration this creates....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jason. Though not strictly floorstanders, I've got a pair of Harbeth SHL5 Signatures, with shot loaded stands, that may tickle your fancy? In Melbourne though......

Cheers,

Brian

DSCF3706.jpeg

DSCF3721.jpeg

DSCF3701.jpeg

I have some Equinox Audio Perigees and Aphelions as well as Def Tech BP7001SC and SoundLab Marquee