Luc

Pearl Jam. All live concerts download for free

Just like the title says. Pearl Jam has made all of their live concerts ever recorded available for download for free.

Now the website takes an age to load as does the download link for whatever concerts you want and they arrive as zip files. no idea if they're only mp3's but...it's free so worthwhile spending some DL speed to see what you get.

Link>>> CLICK!

No whingers either, it's free.

1 hour ago, Luc said:

No whingers either, it's free.

Listen, I am still prepared to object at the cost of spending my unlimited data allowance on downloading fecking mp3s that aren't advertised as mp3s.

If U2 can be castigated for pumping their album out for free to all the Apple walled garden fanbois, then I can complain about lossy. I mean, these days, what's the point of lossy? It's just contempt.

14 minutes ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

Listen, I am still prepared to object at the cost of spending my unlimited data allowance on downloading fecking mp3s that aren't advertised as mp3s.

If U2 can be castigated for pumping their album out for free to all the Apple walled garden fanbois, then I can complain about lossy. I mean, these days, what's the point of lossy? It's just contempt.

I can't believe that people are still being bothered with MP3 these days let alone paying for them!

What's that old saying?

"You could stick diamonds up their @r$# and they'd still complain" LOL

49 minutes ago, bob_m_54 said:

What's that old saying?

"You could stick diamonds up their @r$# and they'd still complain" LOL

I wouldn't.

Wouldn't mind some free diamonds.

160kbps mp3 - I guess this is equivalent to leaving a 30 year-old soiled leather sofa by the kerb with a sharpie note "take me I am FREE" 

And in a blind a/b test against flac  most would still be guessing. 

I hope the whiners are doing so in jest. It’s free FFS and a great gesture in lockdown  

I view it as a good gesture in lockdown.

Seriously, I'd regard it as a great gesture if it was lossless.

Let's agree to disagree. But after downloading one of the items overnight last night, it is as I suspected but hoped against hope it would not be: this morning I discovered these are mp3s. Therefore I have deleted them from my computer.

If Pearl Jam is interested in this consumer's view, I would make one suggestion: if it's mp3, TELL people it's mp3.

That's just the way it is here.

image.png.0d22a7cbb5ae57fbd34e1a8553004d77.png

If I'm head down arse up in garden bed building a stonewall I don't give a flying naughty word about hi-res files. It'll be streaming via the ph into a Makita radio or a De Walt one or a tiny Dodocool speaker.

It's free and it's a nice gesture. Haters are gonna hate yeah.

On 10/04/2020 at 8:50 PM, ThirdDrawerDown said:

As someone who was willing to pay $150,- or so to see 'the Joshua tree' live I have to say that was a crap album and I couldn't wait top get it off my phone.

BTW, I'd still rather listen to a well recorded album in a lossy format than a badly recorded lossless file.

On 10/04/2020 at 7:04 PM, Luc said:

Just like the title says. Pearl Jam has made all of their live concerts ever recorded available for download for free.

Now the website takes an age to load as does the download link for whatever concerts you want and they arrive as zip files. no idea if they're only mp3's but...it's free so worthwhile spending some DL speed to see what you get.

Link>>> CLICK!

Cool bananas!!!!