SOLD: FS. Solidsteel® Audio Equipment Rack

Price: $199
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Carlton
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: I have 2 more

Solidsteel® is a no-nonsense utilitarian audio rack from Italy.

I believe this is the older version not sure about the model number

Encel Audio in Richmond (remember them...?)  used to carry this range.

It has a solid steel rack with 12mm MDF shelves on stainless steel removable spikes/cones.

The MDF shelves has minor scuff marks but the steel rack is in mint condition.

Price Includes:

1 x Steel Frame 

4 x MDF shelves (495w x 430d – top shelf & 570 x 465)

12 x spikes

Overall Dimensions - 890h x 570w x 465d 

All dimensions are approx.

Some reviews and discussion: https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/solidsteel-racks-any-good

It is the smaller rack in the picture:

PulinaMiniGTG08.jpg.85570ad47af83ca1b3363af73946309c.jpg

Edited by pulinap
  • Like 1

I'm interested, do you have better pics? Can't find a photo on the internet, would be interested to see if the shelves are isolated with spikes between shelves and what condition the shelves are in. 

10 minutes ago, AstroNerd said:

I'm interested, do you have better pics? Can't find a photo on the internet, would be interested to see if the shelves are isolated with spikes between shelves and what condition the shelves are in. 

I have a couple of racks in this series.  The shelves are mdf, and sit on three inverted aluminum cones on the non-adjustable shelves. 

My racks have spikes on the bottom of the four vertical supports, they take a standard bolt thread if the advertised rack doesn't come with the spikes, so you could buy or make replacements (I cant' recall what the thread is from memory).  I filled the verticals with river sand to make it even more solid than it is,.  PM mer if you buy it and would like to know about my mod's I've done.   But they are good the way they come!

OP: GLWTS.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, audiofeline said:

I have a couple of racks in this series.  The shelves are mdf, and sit on three inverted aluminum cones on the non-adjustable shelves. 

My racks have spikes on the bottom of the four vertical supports, they take a standard bolt thread if the advertised rack doesn't come with the spikes, so you could buy or make replacements (I cant' recall what the thread is from memory).  I filled the verticals with river sand to make it even more solid than it is,.  PM mer if you buy it and would like to know about my mod's I've done.   But they are good the way they come!

OP: GLWTS.

Thanks for the extra info.

As I mentioned before, these are no-nonsense racks in typical Italian rationalist tradition..... :) 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pulinap said:

Rethm Saadhana V1

Going a bit OT here, but those are phenomenal speakers. I've heard the Saadhana v1 (your model) which were based on the Lowther drivers. The latest versions - V3 use custom peerless drivers and were a great improvement on the previous versions when I heard them around 3 years ago. This is probably the first Rethm speakers that I have come across on Stereonet.

Back to topic, GLWTS!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telecine said:

Be good to see him try though ;) 

He is actually banned from PRC - (Peoples Republic Of Carlton) after he gobbled up all the pizzas at Carlton Audio Visuals.... :)

• Like 1
Just now, pulinap said:

He is actually banned from PRC - (Peoples Republic Of Carlton) after he gobbled up all the pizzas at Carlton Audio Visuals.... :)

Sounds about right ;) 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, anandpkumar said:

Going a bit OT here, but those are phenomenal speakers. I've heard the Saadhana v1 (your model) which were based on the Lowther drivers. The latest versions - V3 use custom peerless drivers and were a great improvement on the previous versions when I heard them around 3 years ago. This is probably the first Rethm speakers that I have come across on Stereonet.

Back to topic, GLWTS!

Yes they are phenomenal speakers....I am the first one here in Melbourne to own them.....bought them purely relaying on reviews as they were not available in Australia. 

Unfortunately, 'Made in India' label turn-off most 'audiophiles'....  ;) (just as Made in China)

2 minutes ago, Telecine said:

Sounds about right ;) 

But the rumour has it that he lurks around in disguise...... :)

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, pulinap said:

Yes they are phenomenal speakers....I am the first one here in Melbourne to own them.....bought them purely relaying on reviews as they were not available in Australia. 

Unfortunately, 'Made in India' label turn-off most 'audiophiles'....  ;) (just as Made in China)

Well, they are a boutique firm (and that too from India) - so global visibility will always be limited. They do get very good reviews in '6moons audio' and Srajan is a big fan, having reviewed many versions and models from the company. I do know that they have a US distributor, but none in these parts of the woods. Did you buy yours direct?

3 minutes ago, anandpkumar said:

Well, they are a boutique firm (and that too from India) - so global visibility will always be limited. They do get very good reviews in '6moons audio' and Srajan is a big fan, having reviewed many versions and models from the company. I do know that they have a US distributor, but none in these parts of the woods. Did you buy yours direct?

No....from Audio Reference NZ - they don't sell them anymore.

• Like 1