Sign in to follow this  
rmohan

Headphone jack in a headphone

Bit of a newbie question, so apologies if this should be obvious, but I have searched all over the internet with no luck on my question.

So basically I have a cheap pair of wireless headphones which works with a transmitter that I have connected to the TV (it's not bluetooth). Now, because these cheap headphones are well, cheap, they are on-ear and causing me pain while having long sessions of binge watching....

However, even though these are cheap ones (https://www.bigw.com.au/product/liquid-ears-wireless-headphones-hw8900bk-black/p/8311970/) - they have a headphone jack in the headphones. Now, plugging in a earphone or another headphone into this jack causes the wireless headphones to go mute (as expected), but the other earphone/headphone doesn't work. I believe this is because maybe there needs to be some sort of way to power the other earphone/headphone. Is there an easy way to do this without going down the route of buying a new set of wireless headphones? I don't want to un-necessarily spend more than what is required as I have better wired headphones that I can reuse

Advance thanks!

The 3.5mm port on the headphone itself, is for the headphone itself.

It'll override the wireless, and accept the signal and power FROM whatever you are plugging the other end into.

Much like a normal wired headphone.

2 hours ago, Bengineer said:

The 3.5mm port on the headphone itself, is for the headphone itself.

It'll override the wireless, and accept the signal and power FROM whatever you are plugging the other end into.

Much like a normal wired headphone.

Thanks, that makes sense

What about modding the on-the-ear pads?

I have a pair of Grado 'phones and have both reduced the spring tension and used softer pads to eliminate the "Grado headaches".

9 hours ago, GregWormald said:

What about modding the on-the-ear pads?

I have a pair of Grado 'phones and have both reduced the spring tension and used softer pads to eliminate the "Grado headaches".

$28 headphones. Doubt he spending anything on them :P