4K @ 120hz - should I care?

Searched for a thread on this but couldn’t find anything. 

I have the LG C9 which has HDMI 2.1. and an Apple TV 4K.

100% of my viewing is either movies/shows via ATV or sports via cable. 

My current AVR doesn’t support more than 5.1.2 when Atmos is involved, but I currently have a 7.1.2 speaker setup. 

I’m looking to upgrade to the Denon AVR-X3600H. It has everything I need at the right price, except HDMI 2.1. 

Based on my viewing habits, will missing out on 4K @ 120hz matter? As far as I can tell, it’s the gaming community that are most excited about it, and I don’t game. 

no, no need. unless gaming at @120hz and not aware anything i have gaming wise support that still, goodness knows what will. dont get sucked up in hdmi 2.1 support is still very scarce. its also just a feature set, meaning even if something is hdmi 2.1 doesnt mean it supports the whole feature set. 

for what trying to do you dont even need anything thats latest anything from 2016 onwards will do...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, betty boop said:

for what trying to do you dont even need anything thats latest anything from 2016 onwards will do...

In that case, maybe I should be looking out for a good deal on a used 4500H. 

2 minutes ago, Wood said:

In that case, maybe I should be looking out for a good deal on a used 4500H. 

absolutely ! get the upper model older gen that will do all you want and forgo the later model ! I'd definitely get a 4500H over a 3600H  especially at pretty much same price or lower ! 

• Like 1