Sign in to follow this  
PKay

SOLD: FS: Ortofon Verto Step up transformer

Price: $470
Item Condition: Excellent as new
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Artarmon
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: all but paypal as friend
Reason for selling: No longer required.

Further information:   The price is $450 to me and a $20 donation to SNA.  This unit is hardly used and has the original packaging which means I can ship at cost to the buyer.  The front photo is difficult to take with the reflection.  RRP of this unit is gbp 749 and this price is not negotiable so please no offers below my price. If it doesn't sell I am happy to keep it in the box in case I ever buy a MM phono.

Product Description

Ortofon Verto is a more affordable alternative to Ortofon ST-80 SE, an accomplished MC step-up transformer in it's own right, with an unrelenting approach to achieving unparalleled audio reproduction from your MC cartridge.

Lundahl Transformers

If you already have a moving magnet (MM) phono stage you enjoy that doesn't have an MC input and wish to use an MC cartridge, you need a step-up stage like this one, which amplifies the much lower output level of the MC cartridge to MM cartridge level.

Verto features Lundahl transformers, surrounded by a specialized mu-metal shielding, listeners can be assured that each detail in a complex array of notes is reproduced with utter purity, with freedom from internal and external sources of interference. These two items make Verto one of the quietest, most revealing transformers ever offered to the audiophile market.

Clearer Reproduction

Like the ST-80 SE, Verto is built around a dual mono design with discrete circuitry for each channel, resulting in the elimination of crosstalk and possible distortions. This results in cleaner, clearer reproduction with substantially increased stereo imaging. Regardless of the composition being played, the Verto’s expansive stereo separation provides lifelike realism, and accurate tonal balance devoid of coloration.

To further minimize signal degradation and maximize signal flow, the Verto has been engineered using high quality industrial grade PCB. Additionally, gold plated RCA jacks with Teflon insulation provide optimal conductivity for use with high quality interconnects.

Compatibility

Internally, the unit is assembled with an absolute bare minimum of internal wiring, preserving absolute signal integrity. Verto maintains compatibility with most Moving Coil cartridges, with internal jumpers offering two gain/impedance options. This affords audiophiles with broad flexibility while still maintaining a clean aesthetic.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

Ortofon Verto front view.jpg

Ortofon Verto rear view.jpg

Ortofon Verto instructions.jpg

This is an excellent SUT. I bought one after listening to this one.

10 minutes ago, rossb said:

This is an excellent SUT. I bought one after listening to this one.

If I thought I would get a mm phono at some  stage I would hold onto it. Especially at this price. 

Sold pending payment. 

Sold