Posted (edited)

Well since Panasonic are leaving us next year I thought I'd upgrade both our Panasonic TV's since they're hitting 10 years and still working with no issues.

My second favourite TV brand is Sony since they are pretty much the standard in the industry for professional tv cameras. I purchased a 55" X85G for the rear room and mounted it on the wall. It's a fantastic tv so I decided to upgrade the front room with the 65" model.

Anyone own a new Sony and are you happy with it?

Edited by Sansui77

@Sansui77 I have last years 65" OLED (A8F) and almost exactly one year later I can say it is a great TV.

Straight out of the box the picture was great, I did some minor tweaking after finding recommended settings online. 

I think my model was criticised for the sluggish operating system, sure it's not super snappy but I have no problem with youtube, all the catchup channels etc. I watch Netflix via a Panasonic UB9000.

The screen is quite reflective which I have only just noticed as I am home working, buy majority of my viewing is at night. 

In summary it's a great TV, I can recommend it.

Researching for a new TV myself.... and I keep ending up on the Sony A9G Master Series, the X1 processor seems to have really sorted out the Android Sluggishness mentioned on other similar OS panel reviews.  Problem is whether to pull the trigger now or wait till this years models are released (expected to be supporting HDMI 2.1 and other surprises)...I think the price of the A9G will drop when the new models hit the street.  Our TV will only be used for film and not gaming at all so the lack of HDMI 2.1 isnt a deal breaker for me, the TV does look stunning I must say & the sound actuation coming from the screen is very impressive too. 

I can certainly recommend this Tech reviewer, professional calibrator on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcCYOO2uYPnG-21WDOWdwew  VERY in depth reviews and comparisons across all models.

not sure be much if anything coming as new models this year.... jsut cant imagine it. doubt cedia will happened. perhaps CES early next year at latest and by the time those models get to us will be this time next year.... so depends if want to wait that long :)

if can wait ... wait....

Got an A9G last year and am very happy with it. Use it for fta, streaming, and disks, no gaming. Watch during the day and evening in a room which has plenty of light during the day without any issues, so it is certainly plenty bright enough. The only issue from my experience is the glossy screen so you need to be aware of any light sources that may cause reflections.

In short highly recommended.