Tweaky

FFVII Remastered released early in Aus, available at JB now.

I got a email from JB announcing that the disc version of FFVII remastered was on sale from today, so I just went in a bought a copy., got the same code that those who ordered a pre release gets as well, happy days.

Got strict instructions not to talk about the game online....like what is there to talk about?; it's a remaster of a 23 year old game, I think everybody that is interested would know the story by now.

The game is divided into 18 chapters I found by looking at the trophy list [which is only available to be viewed from your PS4, as currently it's blocked from online viewing]

It comes on 2 discs, the first is the installation disc, you have to use disc two to start the game.

Chapter one is basically the same as the demo.

I went through the trophies and found the last one was 'Beat the game on HARD difficulty", well there is no option to choose Hard Difficulty on first play through, so I gather this becomes available after you finish chapter 18 and play again in a new game +.

There are 50+ trophies, the vast majority Bronze, quite a few are MINI GAME related, and they are MINI Games that weren't in the original

Is this available soon on the xbox?

6 hours ago, Porkbuns69 said:

Is this available soon on the xbox?

Limited exclusivity on PS4, I think it's either three or six months.

How did you get on with this @Tweaky?

I finished the main story in around 40 - 45 hours and am playing through again on hard mode now to try and unlock as much as I can.

I had to google to tell what you were talking about. I just downloaded Galaga onto outr PS4 and wife was loving it on the weekend.

43 minutes ago, thathifiguy said:

How did you get on with this @Tweaky?

I finished the main story in around 40 - 45 hours and am playing through again on hard mode now to try and unlock as much as I can.

Finished it a while ago, 1st play that is.

Spent a while getting pretty much everything ready for a full assault at Hard mode, got most trophies out the way in the process [Bugger- Missed 300% Stagger when getting Leviathan , hoping some other will be able to be staggered to 300% in Hard Mode play ], all other trophies that cane be got before Hard mode have be achieved....Pullup trophy was a PITA

Currently about to do Chapter 7 in Hard mode

Oh man, I thought I was going to go insane on that pull up trophy! Was much worse than squats.

I've just hit Wall Market on Hard playthrough. Have to redo the bike scene so I can get jessie's approval though. Took too much damage first time and hard mode was just crazy haha

3 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

Finished it a while ago, 1st play that is.

Spent a while getting pretty much everything ready for a full assault at Hard mode, got most trophies out the way in the process [Bugger- Missed 300% Stagger when getting Leviathan , hoping some other will be able to be staggered to 300% in Hard Mode play ], all other trophies that cane be got before Hard mode have be achieved....Pullup trophy was a PITA

Currently about to do Chapter 7 in Hard mode

Posted (edited)

Hard mode isn't as straight forward as you might think.

Recommend that you use ACCESS on EVERY ENEMY in either 1st play through or Chap select.

Hard mode is real stagey fighting.

Basically you need to change Materia as you travel through a chapter, and who gets what.

Before I even started Hard Mode, I had MAX'd the following MATERIA, all weapons were got, all Manuscripts were got, and all Weapon Lessons Learned.

All Characters were at LVL 50 before I started.

7 X HP UP

5 X MP up

2 X MP PLUS

2 X Elemental

3 X Revive

4 X Cure

3 X Barrier

4 X each of Fire/ Lightning/ Ice....not sure about Aero, at least 2

2 or 3 of each of the materia that enables you to cast Slow/ Silence/Haste/Stop etc

ETC, ETC, ETC....I've got it covered.

Still NOT easy playing on Hard Mode well prepared, believe me.

Edited by Tweaky

Just remember, that if you Miss a MANUSCRPIT, the latter ones you collect will still leave you at the last level, as in they won't count, and your level will remain at the last highest Manuscript you have for that charterer.

So don't miss any, otherwise BIG BOSS end fight on HARD .....Goood Luck .

I

Worst is enemies who sleep characters.

The fight with Rude in Sector 5 Slums was far more difficult on hard than I remember on the first playthrough.

Need to get my warding materia maxed out.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, thathifiguy said:

Worst is enemies who sleep characters.

The fight with Rude in Sector 5 Slums was far more difficult on hard than I remember on the first playthrough.

Need to get my warding materia maxed out.

There is a easier way to beat him and basically make him ineffectual.

He uses Lightning for all his attacks, what you do is put a Elements and Lightning Materia joined into your Armour, if both materias are Max'd his attacks do nothing, and as your the only one fighting him, you can take the other element materia a link it with Fire in your weapon.

It's like Hellhouse, easy way to beat it is to get Aeris to have time materia fitted and cast Stop

Edited by Tweaky

17 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

There is a easier way to beat him and basically make him ineffectual.

He uses Lightning for all his attacks, what you do is put a Elements and Lightning Materia joined into your Armour, if both materias are Max'd his attacks do nothing, and as your the only one fighting him, you can take the other element materia a link it with Fire in your weapon.

It's like Hellhouse, easy way to beat it is to get Aeris to have time materia fitted and cast Stop

Good call!