help identify this phono amp

could anyone help me identify this phono amp

so i found this phono amp in the back room during a clean up

i believe it may be ex abc radio, there is what looks like jc jacques on the circuit board possibly

i did use it maybe 15 years ago into various amps but as it has the b (bass) t(treble)and level adjustments i never was sure how to really set it,maybe easier to do now with the available room measuring tools

there is a mono/stereo switch in the middle of the circuit board

as i dont have any use for it now i was going to reuse the case and power supply and some of the other parts preamp2.thumb.jpg.d83b796604bf2f854dd08f3788780c48.jpgpreamp4.thumb.jpg.ede9e1e8575dbf2901e250eaa99a5c4c.jpg

• Like 1

It certainly is a piece designed for broadcast use.  I would have suggested contacting Peter O'Neill, as his website was dedicated to documenting Australian professional audio equipment.  Unfortunately, the site is down (www.oneillassociates.com.au/~poneill/Aust_audio.shtml), and I didn't see this documented on the archived site http://tiny.cc/1o1tjz 

I would be hesitant to dismantle it, as some of these professional devices have high quality, and it is a piece of audio history. 

I'm sure our resident phono stage expert @catman could offer some insights on this.

Edited by audiofeline
  • Thanks 1

G'day all, yes it has all the 'looks' of a phono stage designed for broadcasting applications.  As such it is bound to be very high quality!  Leave it as it is, get it working as needed and enjoy!  Regards, Felix. 

Appologies  to the OP, but while we're on the identification trail, maybe someone can help with this. I've never used the phono stage, it came with a turntable I bought a few years back. It was apparently assembled by a tech and is probably made up from a kit. Any ideas?

15858324250681021345944.jpg

15858326127291573159952.jpg