• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beautiful voice.  I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours at a restaurant in Richmond with him back in the seventies.  A thoroughly genuine person.  On of the most exciting evenings of my lif

A touching tribute to John Prine by long-time friend and collaborator, Iris DeMent  

isn't there anything sacred against this evil bloody virus,taking away talented musicians that we know and love as well as all the other poor souls around the world,i am on this site because of my lov

Saw them at Latrobe uni many moons ago, the ignorant young punks up front were spitting and throwing (full) cans at them. Us old farts up the back cheered them after they played for 45 min or so then made good their threat to walk off. They were never punk, they were old geezers even then playin' excellent rock n roll! I had Stranglers IV and No More Heroes albums, they then went on to produce some wonderful tunes, Golden Brown, Always The Sun and more.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Ian McP said:

Saw them at Latrobe uni many moons ago, the ignorant young punks up front were spitting and throwing (full) cans at them. Us old farts up the back cheered them after they played for 45 min or so then made good their threat to walk off. They were never punk, they were old geezers even then playin' excellent rock n roll! I had Stranglers IV and No More Heroes albums, they then went on to produce some wonderful tunes, Golden Brown, Always The Sun and more.

I was there too! Such a shame, they were treated badly by a small section of the crowd

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

3 minutes ago, Anatoly Beaver-Hausen said:

New Zealand hero Max Merritt died in L.A . yesterday.

14380338-FF93-4358-BE17-14A70141C0FC.jpeg

Wow,

Very sad news - too many fine people gone recently! 😕

On 08/04/2020 at 1:53 PM, proftournesol said:

very sad, but not unexpected.

Find it difficult to watch this without feeling emotional.

What a song writer!

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Beautiful voice.  I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours at a restaurant in Richmond with him back in the seventies.  A thoroughly genuine person.  On of the most exciting evenings of my life.  One for meeting him and the other for reasons that are better left without the details. 

I adore his version of Wings of a dove

John

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 1 month later...