Is the Rotel D class power amplifiers any good?

Has anyone had or owned or demo's any of the Rotel D class amplifiers. Seem okay but a but scared to buy ears unheard. And being travel and social distancing limits to reviews I was wondering if someone could provide any experience they may have? Cheers

Hi Stuart 

This  is the spot you say hi to the SNA community.  Prob not the spot for questions.  In the forums there is one called  Stereo Amplifiers and Pre-Amps.   Maybe post it there 

Lots  of very knowledgeable people might be able to answer you there 

Welcome aboard mate 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stubo0179 said:

Has anyone had or owned or demo's any of the Rotel D class amplifiers. Seem okay but a but scared to buy ears unheard. And being travel and social distancing limits to reviews I was wondering if someone could provide any experience they may have? Cheers

Which model? 

1 hour ago, stubo0179 said:

Well to be more specific probably a RB-1572? But it was a general question about rotel and Digital amps. 

Do you mean Rotel RA-1572 Integrated Amplifier? It's not class D amplifier. 

The class D amplifiers are not digital, unless you mean amps that convert all signals into digital for processing.

Yeah I'm referring to their power amplifiers. I've yet to hear one. I understand this is all subjective of course.I like Rotels AB stuff just wanting opinions on their D stuff. The reviews I've read are positive but if someone has been running one for some time they may be more insightful as they've lived with one for a fair amount of time. I've seen some pop up for sale every now and then. Cheers

18 hours ago, Bill125812 said:

Hi Stuart 

This  is the spot you say hi to the SNA community.  Prob not the spot for questions.  In the forums there is one called  Stereo Amplifiers and Pre-Amps.   Maybe post it there 

Lots  of very knowledgeable people might be able to answer you there 

Welcome aboard mate 

Can i migrate over?

• 11 months later...
On 29/03/2020 at 12:40 PM, stubo0179 said:

Yeah I'm referring to their power amplifiers. I've yet to hear one. I understand this is all subjective of course.I like Rotels AB stuff just wanting opinions on their D stuff. The reviews I've read are positive but if someone has been running one for some time they may be more insightful as they've lived with one for a fair amount of time. I've seen some pop up for sale every now and then. Cheers

Hi bit of a late chat lol I have a Rotel D class amplifier I love it comes to personal preference obviously I think D class amplifiers go really well if it's more for movie especially for big action movies big explosion high Dynamics I think it sounds great for home theatre not to say it doesn't sound Fantastic Four music it's just different I personally like it if you really want to go more for music A/B amplifier also sounds good for movies I just think personally d-class sounds better when it comes to movies you can't go wrong

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/03/2021 at 1:50 PM, logan1234 said:

Hi bit of a late chat lol I have a Rotel D class amplifier I love it comes to personal preference obviously I think D class amplifiers go really well if it's more for movie especially for big action movies big explosion high Dynamics I think it sounds great for home theatre not to say it doesn't sound Fantastic Four music it's just different I personally like it if you really want to go more for music A/B amplifier also sounds good for movies I just think personally d-class sounds better when it comes to movies you can't go wrong

Yep, I ended up buying/finding a second hand 8 channel D class for zones and a A/B RB-1582 MK11 for mains, D class has great bass response. Thanks for your input!