Sign in to follow this  
hopefullguy

all WTB and sales should be closed

sorry but if it is recommended by many that you can not pick up, audition an item being sold then scammers will come out in force. how can you possibly buy without auditioning, yet pay and pick up item? it is a 2nd hand sale with absolutely no come back. 

i suggest closing ALL classifieds.

16 minutes ago, hopefullguy said:

sorry but if it is recommended by many that you can not pick up, audition an item being sold then scammers will come out in force. how can you possibly buy without auditioning, yet pay and pick up item? it is a 2nd hand sale with absolutely no come back. 

I disagree about FS listings.

However,I do acknowledge that WTB listings can be either a waste of time or a target for scammers.

The trick is to buy from those whom you know and trust and do your due diligence on the product you are buying. Most ,if not all used products for sale do not have warranty unless specifically stated and proven otherwise by sellers.

I suggest that FS listings stay as they are, except that the post threshold for listings by new people should be raised significantly.

what is people genuinely need to offload gear to get money to pay for food and rent?

one should still buy but with increased caution.

if you trust someone you obviously know them personally.. if you just meet them on a forum then you do not know them no matter the rating they may have... so if you can not buy something without testing it there is no point in advertising it.

you must test before you buy.. or just give someone your money and hope? come on.

8 minutes ago, hopefullguy said:

if you trust someone you obviously know them personally.. if you just meet them on a forum then you do not know them no matter the rating they may have... so if you can not buy something without testing it there is no point in advertising it.

you must test before you buy.. or just give someone your money and hope? come on.

It's not quite that B&W.

What about selling vinyl and CD's by post - that happens here all the time.

Some sellers are really needing that outlet for food for their tables (not me, I've stopped my SNA sales while this is all going on), but I've read some distressing Classifieds recently of people having to offload whole collections.

51 minutes ago, hopefullguy said:

Sounds like you need to start up your own forum and classifieds, then you can do whatever you like

[moderator post] thanks for the suggestion, as with any other suggestions it will be considered by forum owner [end moderator post]