Price: $3500
Item Condition: Trade in, excellent physical condition and function
Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item
Suburb or Town: Notting Hill
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Reason for selling:

Further information: 

Location: Class A Audio, 8/585 Blackburn Rd, Notting Hill, VIC, 3168. phone (03) 8555 0735

The Rocket 88 is very interesting from several perspectives. It uses a "Retro" design Cat's Eye tube for monitoring output level for each channel. You can see them in the photo above left. These are the round green "things" on the left and right side of the amplifier front panel. They were used on various products back in the 1960s, especially on tape recorders (they were reel-to-reel recorders back then). Only professional recorders had VU meters, and this was long before LCD recording meters that we see on modern cassette recorders of all price ranges.

The Rocket 88 is switchable between functioning in Triode Mode (20 watts Pure Class A output per channel), and Ultra-Linear Pentode Mode (40 watts Class A/B per channel). There is a small toggle switch behind the far left KT-88 and far right KT-88 for switching each channel between these two modes independently, although I cannot think of a reason why I would ever use one channel in triode mode and the other channel in pentode mode. It may be just to keep the circuits as isolated as possible.

Specifications

Circuit: Push Pull, Balanced, Class A Triode, Class AB 

Ultra-linear

Tube Compliment: Four  KT-88 Output tubes, Two EL-84 Current Source Tubes, Two  6922 Input Tubes

Power Output: 20 Watts RMS per Channel in Triode Mode, 40 Watts per Channel in Ultra-Linear Pentode Mode

Inputs: RCA Single-Ended, XLR Balanced

MFR: 15 Hz - 30 kHz ± 1 dB

Output Indicators: Dual Cat's Eye Tubes

Size: 9" H x 10" W x 18" D

Weight: 42 Pounds

IMG_7023.JPG

IMG_7026.JPG

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Peter WM
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgraded to 4K player Further information:   Multi-region.  Includes USB wireless dongle.

Photos: 

• By Peter WM
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgraded to new processor Further information:   Includes remote and Audyssey mic.

Photos: 

• By Ed11111
      Item Condition: 9.5/10 Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Changing direction  
      Further information: 

Legendary preamplifier of the legendary company.
      Currently on sale in major retailers for $13,995
      Amazing sound, amazing look, amazing value.
      First owner, Less than 1.5 years old, was not used for last 6 months. 
      9.5/10 just because not brand new. I have all boxes, manuals, etc

The feature packed C52 Preamplifier lets you connect virtually any of your analog components and digital music sources – including those that play the latest high resolution formats such as DSD files – to one easy-to-use device to enjoy them all.
      For connecting analog devices, it includes 3 balanced and 4 unbalanced fully assignable inputs plus 1 each of Moving Coil and Moving Magnet phono inputs for connecting a turntable and enjoying your vinyl collection. On the digital side, it has 3 optical, 2 coaxial and 1 USB input. The optical and coax inputs will decode digital music at up to 24-bit/192kHz for high resolution audio playback. The C52 is also capable of decoding and playing back DSD files for the latest in high fidelity performance; the USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. An MCT input offers a secure, custom DSD connection for playback of the high definition audio found on SACDs when paired with the MCT500 SACD/CD Transport to deliver the purest possible sound quality from your CD library. The C52 features a 24-bit/192kHz, DSD digital-to-analog-converter (DAC).
       https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/mcintosh-c52-solid-state-preamplifier/

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.
    • By Somethingclever
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Sutherland Shire State: New South Wales Payment Method:  Paypay, EFT or Cash on Pick Up Reason for selling: Upgraditis Further information: 
      Same as the one that sold in the Commercial section last month very quickly, plus NOS upgraded tubes. Just in Matt Black, that has a slight silver fleck through it...

Bought brand new and have had this for under a year. The Pathos Classic Remix with Upgraded Tubes and HiDac Board. Without the tubes upgrade the RRP was 6,200.

The Phillips  Special Quality E88CC tubes set me back a few hundred.

The HiDac board uses the Burr Brown 1793 DAC chip. 

Reviews...
      http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0115/Pathos_Acoustics_Classic_Remix_Integrated_Amplifier_Review.htm

https://www.whathifi.com/au/pathos/classicremix-hidac/review

There are a few out there, can't post them all!!!

• By likearake
      Item Condition: Used / Excellent Shipping Options: I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Excellent condition. Very low usage. More details: https://www.en.oriolus.jp/product-page/oriolus-reborn

Comes with 4.4mm cable only. Only thing not-original is that I removed the memory sheath from the PW Audio cable.