Price: $3500
Item Condition: Trade in, excellent physical condition and function
Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item
Suburb or Town: Notting Hill
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Reason for selling:

Further information: 

Location: Class A Audio, 8/585 Blackburn Rd, Notting Hill, VIC, 3168. phone (03) 8555 0735

The Rocket 88 is very interesting from several perspectives. It uses a "Retro" design Cat's Eye tube for monitoring output level for each channel. You can see them in the photo above left. These are the round green "things" on the left and right side of the amplifier front panel. They were used on various products back in the 1960s, especially on tape recorders (they were reel-to-reel recorders back then). Only professional recorders had VU meters, and this was long before LCD recording meters that we see on modern cassette recorders of all price ranges.

The Rocket 88 is switchable between functioning in Triode Mode (20 watts Pure Class A output per channel), and Ultra-Linear Pentode Mode (40 watts Class A/B per channel). There is a small toggle switch behind the far left KT-88 and far right KT-88 for switching each channel between these two modes independently, although I cannot think of a reason why I would ever use one channel in triode mode and the other channel in pentode mode. It may be just to keep the circuits as isolated as possible.

Specifications

Circuit: Push Pull, Balanced, Class A Triode, Class AB 

Ultra-linear

Tube Compliment: Four  KT-88 Output tubes, Two EL-84 Current Source Tubes, Two  6922 Input Tubes

Power Output: 20 Watts RMS per Channel in Triode Mode, 40 Watts per Channel in Ultra-Linear Pentode Mode

Inputs: RCA Single-Ended, XLR Balanced

MFR: 15 Hz - 30 kHz ± 1 dB

Output Indicators: Dual Cat's Eye Tubes

Size: 9" H x 10" W x 18" D

Weight: 42 Pounds

IMG_7023.JPG

IMG_7026.JPG

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Soundfever
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Wishart State: Queensland Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
      Dynaudio Special 40 Speakers in Red Birch. Beautiful sounding and looking speakers. Amazing performance and build quality. 

In good used conditions, few scratches here and there. There is a small crease on one of the tweeter. I couldn’t hear any issue or change in character. 

Please inspect and audition prior to purchase, no time waster. Strict social distancing and limited contact observe. 

Photos: 

• By berenger24
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Southbank, Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Moving house and no longer used Further information:  Purchased from Clef Hifi - Excellent Power amp for the money - those that know of this unit it is big and very powerful and is also made in Canada. I have been driving Dynaudio C1 Platinum's with this amp for music and home theatre and always loved the sound and strong bass it produced for movies.
      Both channels driven 325 Watts into 8 Ohms and 500 Watts into 4 Ohms.

Apologies, I have not taken out of my rack for more photos because its so heavy.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By MAXXX
      Item Condition: Excellent, as new. Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Kardinya State: Western Australia Payment Method: Cash, PayPal as friend, bank transfer Reason for selling: NLR, hardly used... Further information: 
      The Sangean WFT-3D digital component tuner gives you the flexibility to tune in to internet radio and access over 16,000 digital radio stations worldwide, or tune in to your favourite local stations weather it be DAB+ or FM, or simply listen to your favourite tunes stored on your computer. This model features superior reception and sound quality, and is real audio, MP3, AAC+ and WMA compatible.
      Perfect for Spotify Connect.
      And just an extra piece of info for those who wish to use the DAB+ or FM function  … the telescopic aerial on the left, in the pic of the rear of the case, above, can be unscrewed, so a cable from an external aerial can be screwed in - for better reception.
      Excellent condition, (as new).
      Remote still has plastic foil on it...No original box, it will be packed properly for safe transport.

https://www.apollohifi.com.au/sangean-wft3d-dab-internet-radio-network-music-player-usb-fm-rds-digital-receiver.html

Happy to demo for local buyers.

Postage for Australia $30.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Kuff
      Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, EFT Reason for selling: Not Using Further information: 
      This have approximately 300 hrs play time from the  previous owner. I am the 2nd owner, I have use It conservatively maybe 50 hrs. There is a slight cosmetic hairline crack which is not detrimental at all to the working of the cart. In fact the crack has remain unchanged since it came into my possession. Comes with the neat little box, 2x headshell screws from Grado USA. Free express post. Any queries pls feel free to pm. 
      Photos: 

• By Boaudio
      Item Condition: Exceptional. Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: North Melbourne/Kensington State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash or Pay I.D transfer Reason for selling: Ready to upgrade  
      Further information:  
      Hi guys,  currently ready to upgrade to a more powerful Rega amp, my Elicit-R is now up for sale, owned it for 2 years.  my most prized possession.
      Purchased from Carlton Audio Visual previously.