Sign in to follow this  
ChrisBen

Best App For Tidal?

Hello fellow netters.

I have a Pioneer N70 AE hooked up to ethernet. I like to use my IPad as a remote but obviously does not do MQA which I quite like.

I can use the Pioneer App but find it very ordinary.  Any other Apps out there the you good folks recommend?

Thanks in advance.

16 minutes ago, ChrisBen said:

Hello fellow netters.

I have a Pioneer N70 AE hooked up to ethernet. I like to use my IPad as a remote but obviously does not do MQA which I quite like.

I can use the Pioneer App but find it very ordinary.  Any other Apps out there the you good folks recommend?

Thanks in advance.

I use Bel Canto Seek app and find it to be very good. Does MQA as well.

Cheers,

Keith

Thanks Keith, I'll have a look at that tonight.

The Pioneer app is the only way to get the full MQA experience on your N70AE from what I understand.

But maybe play a MQA song you like using the pioneer app, then get on the Tidal app and play the same song sending it to the N70AE using AirPlay  from the iPad and see if you notice a difference in the sound quality.

if you don't the Tidal app is probably the best free user experience you can get.

if you do, you are probabaly stuck with the Pioneer App.

Thanks Whipped, great advice.

Also, I probably should have mentioned I’m more the happy to pay or subscribe for an App.

Hi, you might also be able to try something like the mconnect player app, which can get tidal to do the mqa unfolding to 24/48. I found the mconnect handy when connecting to an Oppo 105 as the mconnect software was more up to date than the Oppo Tidal app. From that you could see which Tidal albums were available in MQA (not possible Oppo’s tidal app), the actual resolution being played, and “Mylist” playlist suggestions. 

I just use the Tidal app. I didn't know you needed an app to run an app. I'm confused now........

Hi Blakey72, I’m using an IPad so that doesn’t do MQA, thanks for that Iminterested, I’ll have a crack sometime today, keep the suggestions coming, I’m sure there is an App put there somewhere that suits.

Hellos fellow netters, just a quick update in case there were others in the same position as myself. 
Yes, Mconnect  does do MQA,  although just my personal opinion not too keen on the app.

Whipped, I can certainly tell the difference between Airplay and Tidal desktop, but I’ve always had acute hearing, which can be a pain in this hobby. We all no the story,  listen Wife, can you hear the diffence, she, you’ve got to be kidding.

Has any one tried the Audirvana app via an IPad?

The hunt continues!

I recently moved to Pioneer N70AE and agree that the app is ordinary to put it kindly. Following this topic keenly. 

App aside, it’s an amazing dac

Have you thought about Android?

On 05/04/2020 at 8:59 AM, ChrisBen said:

Hellos fellow netters, just a quick update in case there were others in the same position as myself. 
Yes, Mconnect  does do MQA,  although just my personal opinion not too keen on the app.

Whipped, I can certainly tell the difference between Airplay and Tidal desktop, but I’ve always had acute hearing, which can be a pain in this hobby. We all no the story,  listen Wife, can you hear the diffence, she, you’ve got to be kidding.

Has any one tried the Audirvana app via an IPad?

The hunt continues!

Acute Hearing :)

Bloody funny