alpha777

DC acrylic Platter verses stock metal platter?

Hey Guys, I have a Debut Carbon TT with 2M bronze cart. Can anyone give advice on the acrylic platter.

I had the Debut USB with the standard cart. I didn't think the acrylic platter made much benefit. Maybe with the Bronze and a decent phono it will be better?

Thanks, Phono is nad 3225 and sounds good but always looking to tighten it up.

I would suggest upgrading to a better phono preamp as the next step.

I’ve been thinking about one of these platters too lately. I tried a cork Matt and didn’t like that. 🤷‍♂️

I have already ordered it, I was just wondering what other thoughts were out there. Most reviews are positive.

I had exactly the same combo. I doubt you'll be disappointed. 

On 27/03/2020 at 10:37 AM, alpha777 said:

I have already ordered it, I was just wondering what other thoughts were out there. Most reviews are positive.

Well, I think they look great.  I nearly ordered one to replace the mdf platter on my Project Essential II,  but it isn't a table I use regularly, bought on sale,  and probably not worth any more expense.

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys, I need some help. I received my Debut acrylic platter from Interdyn but I can't make it fit. I am thinking that it is the wrong one. It came with a spindle builtin. Can anyone tell me if I am right or not. 

Edited by alpha777

31 minutes ago, alpha777 said:

Hi Guys, I need some help. I received my Debut acrylic platter from Interdyn but I can't make it fit. I am thinking that it is the wrong one. It came with a spindle builtin. Can anyone tell me if I am right or not. 

Other Project tables, like the Project Essential have a builtin spindle and the belt runs around the entire perimeter of the platter instead around a subplatter.  It could be one of those.

Thanks, that seams to be exactly what I've got. Now I want to return it for the right one but I don't seem to be able to contact them.   

From memory mine was a direct replacement for the metal platter and sat on the sub platter. That's disappointing you got sent the wrong one. 

Yes, the're not an easy company to contact. I am going through a dealer service center now so hopefully I 'll see some action.