Mick08

FS: Klipsch KL-650 THX Ultra 2 LCR speakers PRICE DROP

Posted (edited)
Price: $2999
Item Condition: Great Condition
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Pakenham
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Cash on Pickup or delivery
Reason for selling: Upgrading complete system

Further information:  For sale are 3 x Klipsch KL-650 speakers. These have been used sparingly in a home theatre room.  One speaker has a small scuff on the top back right hand side that you can see in one of the photos. Other than that they are in perfect condition and working order. 

I am more than happy to demo for anyone that is interested in buying and I can deliver Melbourne Metro at no charge

Overview

As the larger of the two LCR speakers in the Ultra2 family, the KL-650-THX features a front-firing port for low bass extension dual 6.5-inch Cerametallic™ woofers and a 6- by 10-inch Tractrix® Horn Tweeter. The tweeter driver is a 1-inch titanium-dome compression unit designed specifically for use with horns to provide high output with low distortion. The clarity and distinction of this LCR can also be attributed to its top-of-the-line internal wiring.

The KL-650-THX enclosure has the same dado and rabbet construction used in Klipsch professional speakers ensuring cabinet integrity in suspended applications. The Omni-Mount suspension points on this loudspeaker facilitate wall or ceiling mounting using standard hardware.

Available in a custom Galaxy black finish with an aluminum fascia the KL-650-THX delivers the ultimate in power detail and emotional impact from durable easy-to-install cabinets.

Klipsch KL-650-THX Features:

• Front-firing port for low bass extension
  • Dual 6.5-inch Cerametallic woofers
  • 6- by 10-inch Tractrix Horn Tweeter with 1-inch titanium-dome compression driver
  • Top-of-the-line internal wiring
Frequency Response 48Hz-20kHz ± 3dB
Sensitivity 97dB @ 2.83 volts / 1 meter
Nominal Impedance 8 ohms compatible
High Frequency Crossover 1400Hz
Power Handling 150 watts maximum continuous (600 watts peak)
Enclosure Type Bass reflex via front-mounted port
Enclosure Material Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF)
Tweeter 1″ (2.5cm) magnetically shielded titanium dome compression driver with 9.6oz ceramic magnet structure
High Frequency Horn 10″ x 6″ rectangular 90°x 60 °Tractrix® Horn
Woofer Two 6.5″ (16.5cm) magnetically shielded, Cerametallic™ cone, cast aluminum frame drivers
Inputs Two sets of binding post speaker terminals (connected via brass strap jumpers)
Dimensions 15″ (38.1cm) H x 17″ (43.2cm) W x 12.5″ (31.8cm) D (w/grille)
Weight 39 lbs. (17.7kg)
Finish Galaxy Black cabinet with Black anodized aluminum fascia
Mounting 4-bolt pattern 1/4″-20 thread

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

Edited by Mick08
Price Drop

These are sexy and super efficient. Ooooooo, I would if I had the monies!!! :-) 

These sound so great. And you can drive them with a hummingbird’s fart. 

glwts

LOL :P 

Posted (edited)

I 💞 these Klipsch when it came out. I'd remember it cost more than $10000 for the whole package these 3 front + 2 surround & 2 SUB with separate amp👍

20200327_131515.jpg

20200327_131447.jpg

Edited by Zodiac-12

Yeah. They're usually sold as a complete system. I just brought the fronts because I already had SVS subs. The cost of the full system was around 15K. The LCR's are currently selling for $2,999.00 each

What are you replacing them with? :) 

Going to the Krix MX30 setup, can’t wait 

That’s a good upgrade. 🙂 someone else will be happy with these! 

great speakers, GLWTS.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LachlanJM
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Hurstville Grove 2220 State: New South Wales Payment Method: COD Reason for selling: Upgraded Onkyo's flagship amplifier. Excellent condition, 3 years old. Selling because of an upgrade. Pickup only as I can't find the box anymore.

• By aceofdaves
      Item Condition: Used/Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Brunswick State: Victoria Payment Method: PayID, EFT Reason for selling: TV upgrade/not needed Further information: 

Wetek Core Android Media Player: details here, here and here. Includes the original box and power supply.

I bought this box in perhaps 2015 or 2016 to function as my media center. It did this pretty well and was eventually replaced by an intel NUC and, eventually, a new TV. It's been sitting about in its box for a couple of years. I fired it up recently to do a factory reset and it appears to be working just fine. It's in good cosmetic nick but is missing two little rubber feet (see picture of underside).

Notable good things about it included the air mouse remote which worked very well, and the inclusion of an S/PDIF audio output. Apparently, it will do 4k, but I didn't have a 4k TV when I was using it so I never attempted this.

In terms of software, the android distribution hasn't been updated by Wetek for a few years but libreelec still seem to be providing releases if you wanted to use it as a Kodi box.

Details
      CPU – Amlogic S812-H quad core processor @ 2.0GHz with an Octa-core Mali-450MP gpu Memory – 2GB DDR3 Storage – 8GB NAND flash, micro SD slot Video Output – HDMI 1.4 up to 4K @ 30Hz + AV Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and optical S/PDIF Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n & 802.11ac, and Bluetooth 4.0 USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports Misc – Power button and LED  
      Thanks for looking. Pickup Brunswick

• By AR9
      Item Condition: 7/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: ALGESTER State: Queensland Payment Method: EFT, Cash, Paypal Reason for selling: Too many gears Further information:  This is an excellent 2 channel music performer. I used it for music listening for 4 months when my dedicated preamp was in service.  Lots of folks use this for stereo music. This is a version 4; the complete version with DTS & THX Surround Sound EX. 7.1 Channel. It was the bee's knees' and was out of reach of most people. For multi channel performance, it is still better than most Receivers today.  I cant keep hanging on to  it as I have too many preamps and therefore it needs to go to good home. I  could not find the remote due to recent move but if I find it before hand I will include it. Otherwise, it will work with universal remote or Lexicon third party remote ( i saw one online recently for $30).  It has built-in DAC and multi room capable. Display screen has faint darken oval shape under certain angle of light but you can still see everything fine.  Display can be brightened  as well. The unit is quite intelligent and once it's powered up and goes through quick diagnostic to make sure everything is in order (this feature is way ahead of its time) this feature can be turned off btw.  If you're local, you're more than welcome to bring it home and compare it to your receivers before making decision.

http://www.audioreview.com/product/amplification/a-v-preamplifier/lexicon/dc-2.html

• By aceofdaves
      Item Condition: Good with the exception of 1 intermittent analogue input Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Brunswick State: Victoria Payment Method: PayID, EFT Reason for selling: Upgrade **EDIT. Donated to a friend due to lack of interest.

Further information:

Power: 70 W + 70 W
      THD: 0.01%
      Inputs: 1x USB (inbuilt DAC), 2x analogue (one is intermittent: suspect loose connection)
      Outputs: Stereo speaker, Headphone
      DAC: This is not specified in the manual but, from the hardware ID, it seems to be a CM108 USB controller/dual DAC (44.1/48 kHz, 16 bit). Data sheets and drivers here.

Included Power Cable and QED USB cable (if you'd like it)

I purchased this solid state power amp from Sound Reference, Fitzroy for approximately $350-400 as part of my first system in 2015. It is a bit of a curiosity as JAS-Audio seem to be better known for tube amps that are rather expensive new. When I purchased this amp, I was brought to understand that JAS made these SS amps specifically for Sound Reference. At the time, I A/Bed it with a couple of NAD amps and thought that this was the nicest sounding.

Once home, my inputs were a Raspberry Pi (Volumio/FLAC) via USB (this worked without any driver installation) and a Rotel 965 CD player via the analogue input as sources. The amp was used to drive a pair of Wharedale 80th Anniversary Dentons, which it did very well. I did once do some direct A/B comparisons between the Rotel (analogue input) and the Pi (USB) using The Mars Volta's 'Octahedron Album'. Once they were volume matched, I could no longer tell the difference between them. I did eventually stop using the USB DAC when I got myself an ODAC. Though I never did a straight A/B comparison, there can't have been a whole lot in it.

I used this as my primary amp for 5 years. Over that time, one of the inputs (the one labelled DVD as I recall) has developed mild fault: it is intermittent when you move it. As a result, I strongly suspect that it's just a loose connection. I have an ugly but very functional remote controlled audio routing switch which someone can have if they want the amp and are interested. Under normal circumstances, I would open it up and resolder or replace the connection but my current inability to access my workplace (and so all the lovely equipment it contains) means that I would have to spend rather more money on the fix than usual. If it doesn't sell for any reason then I probably will fix it eventually.

It does also have a headphone output if anyone wanted to solve their desktop audio needs with absolute overkill.

Pickup preferred due to the weight of the thing. It's solid.

Thanks for looking.

Photos:

• By peppy
      Item Condition: NEW Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Castle Hill State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal , Cash Reason for selling: Surplus to needs Price $35 each or $60 for both.

Further information: Adapters - 8 cores silver plated
      1 x 6.35mm (Male) to 2.5mm(Female) balanced
      1 x 6.35mm (Male) to 4.4mm(Female) balanced
      Come with original boxes.

Local pick up: Castle Hill (Sydney)
      or
      $7 delivery Aus wide.