Price: $275
Item Condition: Good condition
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Thornbury
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: Moving house

Further information: 

Beautiful Vintage Sansui AU-101 amplifier in perfect working order. Recently serviced with all pots cleaned. 

Selling due to house move and need to clear the decks. 

Pick up in inner north melbourne or delivery at buyers cost via sendle or other courier.

Thanks

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_20200325_112226.jpg

IMG_20200325_112231.jpg

IMG_20200325_112240.jpg

IMG_20200325_112251.jpg

IMG_20200325_112217.jpg

Just needed banana plugs for me to snaffle it...

3 hours ago, BLAH BLAH said:

Do it yourself. The panel with the speaker connections can be removed and a new one made with bananas. Keep the old panel in tact and it can go with the amp if ever sold. This offers the ability to maintain originality if desired. I can't imagine the job would be expensive, maybe one of the hobbyists here could help.

Even easier, these McIntosh spade/banana plugs work perfectly. About $10 on eBay.

Capture.JPG

what a credit to the people who have owned this vintage sansui,it looks in fantastic condition.

56 minutes ago, ray4410 said:

what a credit to the people who have owned this vintage sansui,it looks in fantastic condition.

I'd like to take credit for it's condition, but I have only had it for a limited time. It's a lovely piece and I genuinely wish I could hang onto it

What is the output in Watts please?

google is quick with info 
15watts@8ohms

7 hours ago, BLAH BLAH said:

Why the need for banana’s. Bare wire can make the best connection 

GLWS 

5 hours ago, t_mike said:

Do it yourself. The panel with the speaker connections can be removed and a new one made with bananas. Keep the old panel in tact and it can go with the amp if ever sold. This offers the ability to maintain originality if desired. I can't imagine the job would be expensive, maybe one of the hobbyists here could help.

Nahhh...I'm patient, I'll wait for one to turn up here with banana plugs eventually...it's a great sounding lil amp, glws!

I have one:) Nice amp. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Meluvmidfi
      Item Condition: Near new Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: Nlr Further information:
      i cannot use 20 amp so has become redundant.
      beautiful looking and sounding.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By Meluvmidfi
      Item Condition: Good. Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: Nlr Further information:

most panels still have the 3m tape. So saves you 50% cost on the tape. Looks good condition, few minor blemishes

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By Meluvmidfi
      Item Condition: New Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: Nlr Further information:

amazing speakers , dynamic, clean and detailed.

all boxes included

Photos:

PLEASE READ
    • By pauloch7
      Item Condition: New Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Cheltenham State: Victoria Payment Method: EFT, Paypal Reason for selling: FUN Further information
      I have made these Cable Elevators out of boredom during COVID-19 lock-down.  Solving some practical issue with heavy cables drooping from GPO and Hi-Fi equipment. I am using big power cables and some serious interconnect, I thought what the point with good cables when they are drooping due to its weight and gravity, surely this can't be good for electrical contacts. After spending hours on the drawings and numerous attempts, my first prototype is finally ready. One of the benefits of elevating cable off the floor or carpet is it reduces vibrations being picked up by cables. Expert says vibration impacts the sound. Well you try and let me know if you can hear the difference...

Includes:
      2 Base
      2 Support cradle
      4 Carbon fibre shafts (adjustable and lockable)

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By FreddieB
      Item Condition: good to very good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Innaloo State: Western Australia Payment Method: EFT, Cash Reason for selling: Too many speakers Further information:

Awesome high-quality fully active 5-channel speaker package.  Designed and built by a small Perth company run by a dutch-born designer.  The designer subsequently moved back to Europe and is currently making some very high-end active crossovers/amplifiers.  I did have a bunch of information on him but have lost the links.
      From my understanding of the design, these speakers employ active crossovers and a single channel of amplification per driver, which amounts to 13 amplifier channels! I think the two bass drivers in the center channel use one amp.  Amplifiers/Crossovers as marked Mass Technologies.
      These are very well built and capable speakers, using Scan Speak and Dynaudio drivers from what I can recognize.  Very nice finish and SOLID cabinetry.

Mains, 4-way, model 3-8/12
      Center model C3-7
      Surround, 2-way, model SRS 2-5
      Each speaker has a kettle plug input for power and a balanced XLR for signal (no rcas).  Surrounds come with their wired stands and there is a small riser for the center.

These speakers can easily pull dual duty as a HT system and a critical 2-ch hifi listening set-up.  If anything, in my opinion, these have more of an audiophile "flavour" to them, but can seriously pull their weight for movie watching and with the 12-inch drivers do not lack bass even when run without a sub.  I have swapped these in and out of my HT system multipel times and it was a toss up of which to keep.  It came down to the fact that I am more movie centric at the moment and can't bear to give up my amps.  Would keep both but something has to go.  The mains work very nicely for music paired to a DAC/Pre, I used a LHLabs Geek pulse X with very good results which I will likely sell if these sell. Got to love the simplicity of a fully active system, all you need for this is a balanced AV pre/pro.

The speakers are in very good condition with some very small marks/chips in the mirror finish that are not readily visible at a short distance away.  The tweeters on teh mains have some small dimples (does not affect the sound) and the one power switch on the mains is stuck to "on".  My only gripe withthe speakers is that there is a small "pop" on power on/off for the surrounds, both surrounds are the exact same so likely something in the design, it is not present in the mains or center.

From what I know these sold for about 12-15K for the set when new.  I know these are a fairly rare/unknown speaker so a bit hard to compare, but cannot fault the build/quality/sound.  Open to offers/trades, but I am trying to reduce my gear at the moment.
      Local pick-up only for now, as these are not standard rectangular box speakers they will not be easy to pack, but it is possible if no local interest. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ