The A-Z of your music

O is for Omega- This is the best unknown progressive rock classic from Hungry that you have never heard of. The main track from side 1 is just sublime.

So perfectly suitable for the acid drenched 70's. I still get chills listening to this.

omega.jpg

Edited by progladyte
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest deanB

T is Turbonegro

1740360929_images(5).jpeg.4d19335dfc272e97af48e4de498eac32.jpeg

Norwegian band who have influences in common with my journey- AC/DC, Bowie, Iggy, The Stooges, Alice, Black Flag, Radio Birdman. 

I was a bit meh for a start but things clicked into place at the right volume/beer ratio.

Edited by deanB

U is for Unitopea 

A consistently brilliant progressive rock band from Adelaide but now sadly disbanded in 2012. 4 excellent albums to enjoy if you wanted to track them down!

They then joined Guy Manning, (The Tangent), from the U.K. and started the United Progressive  Fraternity also based in Adelaide in December 2013. Not sure if Guy commutes for any sessions or if he sends his offerings digitally via the net but their material is also excellent with 2 very good albums to their credit.

unitopia.jpg

Edited by progladyte
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, progladyte said:

W is for Windchase - Formerly Sebastian Hardie

windchase 1.jpg

I think that I have that somewhere. Picked it up after being overseas for three years in the mid/late 70's. Must be decades since it last saw the light of day.

• Like 2

Z is for Zazen.

This is a progressive new age masterpiece that no-one has ever heard of. Once again, all killer, no filler. Each song is carefully structured to deliver a very pleasant listening experience. Keyboard driven serenity with heaps of huge melodies leaves music from the likes of Tangerine Dream totally bereft of new ideas. Kinda like what Tony Banks used to do for Genesis without the rest of the band or their heavier instruments.

zazen.jpg

Edited by progladyte
  • Like 2