Posted (edited)
Price: $800
Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Sutherland Shire
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Cash, EFT
Reason for selling: Upgrading

This pre-amp / processor requires very little introduction. Was Marantz flagship processor and supports the recent codec, such as DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD. Has the ability to map height or width channels however it doesn't support the latest Atmos, Auto & DTS-X object sounds. 

I have the original box and Auddessy mic, remote is working, but isn't perfect, however I have always controlled the unit via Marantz App.

Will serve someone looking for a great experience with surround / 2 channel sound not looking to move into the new object audio.

Note supports both XLR and RCA connectivity which can be mixed based on your configuration. Also offers 2 channels for subwoofer connections and eq.

I do have the original box, my preference is pickup, but will ship if new owner is willing to pay arrange / pay courier and take risk of shipping damage

While I have requested $800 I would also be open to a straight swap for a panasonic DP-UB9000 4K player

Photos:

20200306_153846.jpg

20200306_153818.jpg

20200306_153631.jpg

Edited by Battler009
PRICE DROP

Going to become an even a better buy, just read Marantz putting prices up 10-15% at the end of the month.

40 minutes ago, Battler009 said:

Going to become an even a better buy, just read Marantz putting prices up 10-15% at the end of the month.

Raising prices seems to be a very odd move when people are loosing jobs and the economy is going to struggle.

Price Drop from $1000 to $800

I agree.

Posted (edited)

While the Marantz AV8801 is not HDCP 2.2-compliant, and therefore will not support copy-protected 4K video content because it has HDMI version 1.4a. Purchasing a HDFury AVR Key 18Gbps (which would route Video to 4K Display and Audio to the Marantz Pr/Pro), would overcome the 4K limitations of Marantz AV8801 Pre/Pro. See:

https://www.ezyhd.com.au/shop/hdfure-avrkey/

The HDFury AVR Key 18Gbps was built specifically for this situation. See:

https://www.hdfury.com/product/avr-key/

If any potential buyers need support for multiple 4K sources, they could purchased say a HDMI Switcher that supported 4k@60Hz + HDR such as this one:

https://www.ezyhd.com.au/shop/hdmi-switcher-4k60-hz-hdr/

Then plug all sources into the HDMI Switcher, with the Switcher output going to the supplied HDFury AVR Key 18Gbps (which would route Video to 4K Display and Audio to the Marantz Pre/Pro).

You would have a very workable solution for using multiple 4K sources .

This is a great opportunity for someone to get a quality Marantz Pre/Pro for little money if they don't need Atmos / DTS-X audio. The 4K HDCP 2.2-compliant UHD issue is covered with the HDFury AVR Key 18Gbps. If more than one 4K UHD input is required, then a 4K UHD HDR HDMI Switcher will cover this as well.

Anyway GLWS.

Edited by bizzibee

Withdrawn from sale. Moderator can you please close this ad.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Flynnyfalcon
      Item Condition: NIB Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Mordialloc State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Price: $2100 Item Condition: Brand New  Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact  Suburb or Town: Ringwood  State: Victoria  Payment Method: EFT, Cash  Reason for selling: Bought on a whim, without truly thinking it through. No space, too many systems and no time to enjoy. 
        Removed from box, can confirm it works perfectly. Played for less than an hour and put back in the box. Proof of purchase can be provided. 

Sounded just as you’d expect. Clean, powerful and consuming. 

I also bought 2 extra covers, a denim blue and charcoal. $125each

• By b.d
      Item Condition: as new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Kinglake West State: Victoria Payment Method: eft cash Reason for selling: changed plans Item Condition: Brand new in box, unused.  Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item  Suburb or Town: Kinglake West  State: Victoria  Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup etc  Reason for selling: No longer planning Atmos build.  I bought these brand new this year and never used, one box opened to have a look, the other still sealed. 
      I'm selling because the plan for the room we're building has changed from Atmos 7.1, and I want hight speakers to same brand as LCR.

Price is for a pair. I have 2 pairs available if you need 4 speakers.

• By com5984
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, EFT Reason for selling: Not used Tannoy speakers I used in my my home theatre setup, the S10's have been upgraded by forum member Gordon (ozcal) but the others are all factory.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Dbuns
      Item Condition: 10/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Kambah State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgraded NLR Further information: 

It was purchased December 2018, so it is a little over a year old now. Still plenty of Warranty left on it. Has not had much use it was driving 4 ATMOS speakers. Upgraded my receiver so no longer require the power amp.

It is in perfect condition, coming from a smoke free home. No scratches or dents to be seen.

Comes with all original paperwork.

Unfortunately a demo is not available in the current virus circumstances. I can however provide a video of fully functioning amp.

The CI 940 has 4 channels of clean low distortion power set up in a 2 stereo zone configuration. Boasting 35 watts of continuous power per channel, the CI 940 is designed to drive low impedance speakers and long wire runs. Vanishingly low distortion and near absence of noise allow the music to emerge from a ‘black’ background that enhances stereo perspective and allows the subtle details of the music to be heard clearly.

Four channels of clean, low distortion power set up in two stereo zone configuration 35W x 4 @ 8 Ohms/4 Ohms 70W x 2 @ 8 Ohms in Bridge Mode Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.
    • By Raphael
      Item Condition: Very good. 9.5 immaculate Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Kew or Doncaster East State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash or paypal +3% Reason for selling: Upgrading and simplified my whole system Further information:  selling my beloved KEF Q900. Upgrading and reducing my system just down to 1. Fantastic fun speaker in my opinion. This speaker hasn't move fr ok m it's position since I purchased it in 2016 brand new. I think I still have the receipt and with 1 more year left with warranty. Feel free to ask me any question. Not a single Mark or chip or scratch. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.