Sign in to follow this  
powerinnumbers

Amazon Music setup on MusicCast

Anybody found it impossible to setup Amazon Music on MusicCast app?: What could be my issue, I have setup TIDAL ok.

Through the MusicCast app I hit Amazon Music, then login to Amazon account ( it's correct ), and I allow access then the webpage just spins it's wheel forever. 

I don't use MusicCast or Amazon Music but some hints ...

See:

https://www.stereo.net.au/news/yamaha-adds-amazon-music-and-more-to-musiccast/

Takeaway: Ensure latest Apps / Firmwares ... BUT ... it may(?) only be supported on latest generation products (???) - the list doesn't specifically include WX products.

I suggest you watch this video first:

He suggests Amazon Music it can be 'integrated' via Airplay already ... and perhaps no clear benefit / maybe detriment ... unless you particularly wanted to integrate Amazon Echo voice control (and that may only be for latest gen products (?)).

thanks for that. 

I already have the Alexa integration working fine. However the Amazon Music button in the MusicCast app, just doesn't complete the setup.

There;s work arounds, I'm not that bummed. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Muzza71
      Item: Yamaha NPS303 Network Audio Streamer with MusicCast RRP $699.00
      Price: Was $350.00 Now $300.00 plus roughly $20 shipping  to major capital cities.
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Recently purchased an Ifi Pro IDSD which has a Streamer built in
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: This was my first foray into streaming audio.
      Surprisingly easy to setup and use, the MusicCast App is a pleasure to use.
      Stream Tidal - Spotify - Deezer.
      Play music from a USB thumb drive.
      Comes with remote control and user manual but does not have original box, I can package up for safe shipping if required.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By shindig
      Item: Yamaha YSP-1600 Musiccast Soundbar
      Price: $600
      Item Condition: nearly new, barely used
      Reason for selling: changed to amplifier/ floor standing combination so no longer need it 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Up for sale is my barely used nearly new Yamaha YSP 1600 sound bar
      It has all the latest features needed including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, music cast streaming, Spotify connect, HDMI in and out with audio return channel (ARC) and 4K pass-through
      For official specs see: https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/sound_bar/ysp-1600/index.html
      It retails for around $900  
      Feel free to ask any questions

Pictures:

• By nickows
      Up for sale is a Yamaha RX-A3050 Aventage 9.2 AV Receiver. It's a brand new model and is Yamaha's flagship AV receiver. It was destined for a home theatre that will sadly no longer be built. The unit is brand new and sealed and is Australian sourced stock, not a grey import. Australian models come with a 4 year warranty.
      The photo below is of the actual unit being sold.
      Pickup OK or free delivery to Sydney metro area. Australia wide delivery available via courier. PM me your postcode and I’ll get back to you with a shipping quote (I’ll go halves in the shipping cost. Typical cost approx. $20 to Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra). The unit will be wrapped in black plastic for security before it’s shipped.
      RRP $2899
      Asking $2250 ONO
      Please message me with any questions. I’m happy to chat over the phone as well.
      You can read all the specifications of the RX-A3050 on Yamaha’s website:
      http://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/aventage-s6/rx-a3050_l/?mode=model
      Some highlights:
      Dolby Atmos and DTS X compatible HDCP 2.2 compliant 9.2 channel, expandable up to 11 channels ESS Sabre 32 bit DACs 150W per channel into 8 ohms Can power up to 3 Zones plus a second HDMI Zone Extensive network features and support including Apple Airplay, Spotify, Pandora, DLNA certified Built in bluetooth Control it all via a free app on your phone or tablet Support for Yamaha’s new MusicCast multiroom audio Please message me with any questions. I’m happy to chat over the phone as well.

• By barn door
      Item: Yamaha WXAD-10, MusicCast Streamer + 0.5m Concord RCA cables
      Price: $110 (RRP $229)
      Item Condition: Very good, 8.5/10 (hasn’t really moved since set-up)
      Reason for selling: Upgrade 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, bank transfer, will consider post (have original box), however local pick-up is preferred
      Extra Info:
      I’m throwing in the Concord 0.5m RCA cables as part of the sale.

The WXAD-10 supports a wide range of hi-res formats, including WAV, FLAC and AIFF in 192 kHz / 24-bit resolution, as well as ALAC in 96 kHz / 24-bit resolution. The unit employs a special circuitry design that minimises and optimises the signal path, and utilises high-quality parts and technologies — including the renowned Burr-Brown DAC.

I have been using this for the past 12-months (original owner) to WiFi Tidal (and Spotify) from my iPad into the streamer, and have it connected to my amplifier via RCA. You can either use the MusicCast app, or native Tidal app (I preferred the latter).

Does a great job, and have only decided sell this unit due to an upgrade (at considerable cost) to a unit that can unpack MQA format. 

Pictures: