redrich2000

Addicted to Audio price drops

1 minute ago, zxSwifty said:

I had the utopias in my cart for 2700 with 10% off, was contemplating them or the stellias for 30mins. Rang there store to confirm what b stock meant and if it had warranty. Then went to purchase and they had disabled the 10% off so that's put me off. 

They were always on exclusion list. The discount was working on the cart. It seems that they have fixed it. Maybe someone managed to sneak it through and have it fulfilled?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, gwurb said:

They were always on exclusion list. The discount was working on the cart. It seems that they have fixed it. Maybe someone managed to sneak it through and have it fulfilled?

If they did, they are one lucky bastard haha. That's fair enough if it was always excluded and was just a cart error. Would have been nice though. 

Edited by zxSwifty

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, aasza said:

The Sony MDR-Z7M2 went from $438 before the Easter sale to $838 and from $838 to $1699 for the Mother's day sale.......

ezgif.com-optimize.gif.3bafada6ea3923e004383df56d9f1566.gif

$1699 is the RRP from Sony. Never quite understand why prices of Sony's stuff move that much....

I am assuming no retailer can offer such discount without the distributor's support. Really wish Sony will price their stuff properly and stick to it.

Edited by rx79ez08

3 hours ago, rx79ez08 said:

$1699 is the RRP from Sony. Never quite understand why prices of Sony's stuff move that much....

I am assuming no retailer can offer such discount without the distributor's support. Really wish Sony will price their stuff properly and stick to it.

If anything, Sony's recent price increases is actually pricing it properly. It was substantially under priced otherwise relative to the USD as we saw the Canadians being charged much higher prices than us even with their stronger dollar. I wonder if this will be the new norm or if it'll drop back down again.

17 hours ago, Satirical said:

If anything, Sony's recent price increases is actually pricing it properly. It was substantially under priced otherwise relative to the USD as we saw the Canadians being charged much higher prices than us even with their stronger dollar. I wonder if this will be the new norm or if it'll drop back down again.

Priced more in line with the world, but now well above their performance point. 

44 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Priced more in line with the world, but now well above their performance point. 

Hmm, that's gonna have to depend on what we're talking about. Not a fan of their headphones compared to their in-ears. IER-Z1R and IER-M9 are quite competitive in their own right. The former is slightly more expensive than the Solaris atm while the latter is still $200 less than the Andros before any sales atm. If we still get 30-35% discounts in the future on them, still the better deal.

Yeah I like the M9 slightly more than the andromeda, I went with the andromeda though as I already had a M7.