Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Monkey4054 said:

The best part of them in my opinion is the attack/dynamics/slam they provide.

Have you heard HiFiMan HE400i? I currently have them and KEF Space One wired. I am really underwhelmed by the KEFs. I enjoy the HE400i. Are the focals anything like the HE400i? I am wondering if I prefer the planar sound or if fast, punchy and clear dynamic headphones would be a better option as they may have more bass (the only thing I feel is lacking in HE400i for my taste). I would like closed back as I don't want everyone around me to be listening to my music :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think we've seen this enough times now to know 'B-stock' is actually their way of getting around selling items cheaper (due to distributor agreements, or upsetting other dealers etc) when in fact, i

So as posted in this thread, A2A have a ripper deal on Focal Elears for $499.    While browsing through their sale section I also noticed drops on a bunch of their sale, b-stock or demo item

It's not a lot, none of the Focals have a lot.   If you want that deep subbass, for that price, look at a Fostex TH6XX Ebony. Or a used CA Cascade (smaller cups though).   It's dyn

1 minute ago, gwurb said:

Have you heard HiFiMan HE400i? I currently have them and KEF Space One wired. I am really underwhelmed by the KEFs. I enjoy the HE400i. Are the focals anything like the HE400i? I am wondering if I prefer the planar sound or if fast, punchy and clear dynamic headphones would be a better option as they may have more bass (the only thing I feel is lacking in HE400i for my taste). I would like closed back as I don't want everyone around me to be listening to my music :)

 

Hey mate, yes I own the Hifiman's as well. The Elegia is simply on another level in my opinion.  Some people who strongly prefer the 'planar sound' may disagree, but I think the Hifiman sounds boring in comparison, although they will be less fatiguing for the same reason. The Focal Elegia will definitely work for isolating sound in both directions, but it's not 100% though.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Marc locked this topic

Use code MUM2020 at the checkout.
 

Makes something like Focal Elegia RRP$1399, Sale price $499-10%

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/collections/b-stock-demo-clearance/products/focal-elegia-closed-back-headphones-b-stock
 

DYNAUDIO XEO 4 wireless bookshelf speakers RRP$2499, Sale price $1700-10% off

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/collections/b-stock-demo-clearance/products/dynaudio-xeo-4-wireless-bookshelf-speakers

 

Plenty of other deals to be had.

 

I wish I had waited instead of buying something a week or so ago :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gwurb said:

Use code MUM2020 at the checkout.
 

Makes something like Focal Elegia RRP$1399, Sale price $499-10%

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/collections/b-stock-demo-clearance/products/focal-elegia-closed-back-headphones-b-stock
 

DYNAUDIO XEO 4 wireless bookshelf speakers RRP$2499, Sale price $1700-10% off

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/collections/b-stock-demo-clearance/products/dynaudio-xeo-4-wireless-bookshelf-speakers

 

Plenty of other deals to be had.

 

I wish I had waited instead of buying something a week or so ago :) 

Don't feel bad. The code specifically excludes those:

 

*Use coupon code 'MUM2020' at checkout to receive discount.

Includes: In stock items only.

Excludes: KEF, Dynaudio, Focal Speaker Clearance, Focal B Stock, Schiit Audio, Sennheiser Massdrop Models, Sony TVs, pre-orders, lay by, special orders, back orders, rain checks, gift vouchers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


14 minutes ago, sakabatou said:

Don't feel bad. The code specifically excludes those:

 

*Use coupon code 'MUM2020' at checkout to receive discount.

Includes: In stock items only.

Excludes: KEF, Dynaudio, Focal Speaker Clearance, Focal B Stock, Schiit Audio, Sennheiser Massdrop Models, Sony TVs, pre-orders, lay by, special orders, back orders, rain checks, gift vouchers.

I tried it on the Focals and it worked. I didn't put another order through. Maybe they would have cancelled it anyway?

 

Either way there are other items to use the 10% off on like A&K or Peachtree.

Edited by gwurb
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya...I tried it on the Focal Clear Pro B-Stock and it brings it down to $1079 although it's supposed to exclude it. I wonder if the order would go through, sucks to lose out on $119 had I waited just a week. But the Utopia B-stock would be $2,700 which undercuts used pricing worldwide!

EDIT: Think they saw this thread lol...

 

The Xeo 4 is actually more expensive than 2 weeks ago. It was $1499 before with 10% off with the old deal which brought it to $1250. I deliberated between that and the X14a.

Edited by Satirical
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sony MDR-Z7M2 went from $438 before the Easter sale to $838 and from $838 to $1699 for the Mother's day sale.......

 

ezgif.com-optimize.gif.3bafada6ea3923e004383df56d9f1566.gif

 

 

 

Edited by aasza
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Satirical said:

Ya...I tried it on the Focal Clear Pro B-Stock and it brings it down to $1079 although it's supposed to exclude it.

 

The Xeo 4 is actually more expensive than 2 weeks ago. It was $1499 before with 10% off with the old deal which brought it to $1250. I deliberated between that and the X14a.

I think they have done that in the past with sales and clearance items. So probably worth watching items of interest and buying at the right price for oneself.

 

What I bought is cheaper now but as you mention the price could have gone up on the sale had I waited, so it's a gamble.

 

A&K SR15 for $539 looks attractive.

Edited by gwurb
Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, gwurb said:

I think they have done that in the past with sales and clearance items. So probably worth watching items of interest and buying at the right price for oneself.

Just another example of a typical sale by A2A.

 

Let's just say their pricing is somewhat elastic, as are their claims of discounts.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, aasza said:

The Sony MDR-Z7M2 went from $438 before the Easter sale to $838 and from $838 to $1699 for the Mother's day sale.......

 

ezgif.com-optimize.gif.3bafada6ea3923e004383df56d9f1566.gif

 

 

 

Sony MDR-Z1R google search turns up the pre-sale price, and current (higher) price is listed on the actual page.

 

Certainly worth keeping track of prices to make sure that current deals are actual deals :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

DYNAUDIO MUSIC 7 INTELLIGENT WIRELESS MUSIC SYSTEM $849.00 + 10% off  ($1,599.00)

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/collections/dynaudio-music/products/dynaudio-music-7-intelligent-wireless-music-system

 

Good buy for a classy sound-bar style if you don't care much about hiend sound, I listened at Lifestylestore but not really impressed.

It has DSP so, maybe better performance if setup properly in small room, this is a better buy than KEF LX 20%

In term of price, real good at under < 800 with 10% off, tempted but my wife would say another speaker???

Edited by ikhuong
Link to post
Share on other sites

So what is b stock? Bad damage or what. Good prices but dont want to buy something that looks used.

Great deals though

Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, martin64 said:

So what is b stock? Bad damage or what. Good prices but dont want to buy something that looks used.

Great deals though

Mine was in a sealed box, wrapped in packaging with plastic on item parts. No markings whatsoever. It looked like a brand new item. Maybe they opened the packaging to check something inside? Maybe someone bought it and returned it without use?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, gwurb said:

Mine was in a sealed box, wrapped in packaging with plastic on item parts. No markings whatsoever. It looked like a brand new item. Maybe they opened the packaging to check something inside? Maybe someone bought it and returned it without use?

Or the distributor trying to clear excess. Sony does this with their 'box damaged' goods (I mean, all boxes can technically be damaged if it just picks up a scuff so they're not lying). I doubt you have dozens of Focal Clear Pros being bought at regular price and being returned without the seal being broken. Even moreso, the Utopia. Doubt anyone is just buying those and returning them with a restocking fee.

Edited by Satirical
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Satirical said:

Or the distributor trying to clear excess. Sony does this with their 'box damaged' goods (I mean, all boxes can technically be damaged if it just picks up a scuff so they're not lying). I doubt you have dozens of Focal Clear Pros being bought at regular price and being returned without the seal being broken. Even moreso, the Utopia. Doubt anyone is just buying those and returning them with a restocking fee.

Absolutely. I don't know what lead to the B-Stock classification. It could be just excess stock. I wouldn't want to give anyone hope that they are brand new, because I don't know. So if someone buys B-Stock then who knows what exactly they will get.
 

I think mine were brand new :) I would struggle to find anything to show that they may be anything other than new.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Marc unlocked this topic
  • Administrators

I think we've seen this enough times now to know 'B-stock' is actually their way of getting around selling items cheaper (due to distributor agreements, or upsetting other dealers etc) when in fact, it's obviously not B stock at all. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole thing is confusing to me. B stock that's really new, heavily discounted pricing where the "original" price seems rather slippery, 10% discounts that only apply to certain items...

Disappointing behaviour really. And surprising - the couple of times I've actually been in store, I found their service to be really really good 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:


 the "original" price seems rather slippery, 10% discounts that only apply to certain items...

 

It does seem odd how the prices fluctuate so much. It would be better if they had sale end dates, to indicate when the price will go back up.

 

None the less, when they have dropped prices they have dropped to a really good price. 
 

The discount with exclusion is fairly normal in retail.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the utopias in my cart for 2700 with 10% off, was contemplating them or the stellias for 30mins. Rang there store to confirm what b stock meant and if it had warranty. Then went to purchase and they had disabled the 10% off so that's put me off. 

Edited by zxSwifty
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zxSwifty said:

I had the utopias in my cart for 2700 with 10% off, was contemplating them or the stellias for 30mins. Rang there store to confirm what b stock meant and if it had warranty. Then went to purchase and they had disabled the 10% off so that's put me off. 

They were always on exclusion list. The discount was working on the cart. It seems that they have fixed it. Maybe someone managed to sneak it through and have it fulfilled?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gwurb said:

They were always on exclusion list. The discount was working on the cart. It seems that they have fixed it. Maybe someone managed to sneak it through and have it fulfilled?

If they did, they are one lucky bastard haha. That's fair enough if it was always excluded and was just a cart error. Would have been nice though. 

Edited by zxSwifty
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aasza said:

The Sony MDR-Z7M2 went from $438 before the Easter sale to $838 and from $838 to $1699 for the Mother's day sale.......

 

ezgif.com-optimize.gif.3bafada6ea3923e004383df56d9f1566.gif

 

 

 

$1699 is the RRP from Sony. Never quite understand why prices of Sony's stuff move that much....

I am assuming no retailer can offer such discount without the distributor's support. Really wish Sony will price their stuff properly and stick to it.

Edited by rx79ez08
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rx79ez08 said:

$1699 is the RRP from Sony. Never quite understand why prices of Sony's stuff move that much....

I am assuming no retailer can offer such discount without the distributor's support. Really wish Sony will price their stuff properly and stick to it.

If anything, Sony's recent price increases is actually pricing it properly. It was substantially under priced otherwise relative to the USD as we saw the Canadians being charged much higher prices than us even with their stronger dollar. I wonder if this will be the new norm or if it'll drop back down again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Satirical said:

If anything, Sony's recent price increases is actually pricing it properly. It was substantially under priced otherwise relative to the USD as we saw the Canadians being charged much higher prices than us even with their stronger dollar. I wonder if this will be the new norm or if it'll drop back down again.

Priced more in line with the world, but now well above their performance point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Priced more in line with the world, but now well above their performance point. 

Hmm, that's gonna have to depend on what we're talking about. Not a fan of their headphones compared to their in-ears. IER-Z1R and IER-M9 are quite competitive in their own right. The former is slightly more expensive than the Solaris atm while the latter is still $200 less than the Andros before any sales atm. If we still get 30-35% discounts in the future on them, still the better deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Marc locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...