redrich2000

Addicted to Audio price drops

Minidisc also has a sale on the Focal Clears (non-professional). $1399 after trade-in. Sign up to their mailing list to get an additional 7.5% off (assuming it works for this deal).

Also, what's A2A's definition of "b-stock"? Open box / demo units?

My HD6xx?

Yeah, they are good haha.

On 22/03/2020 at 9:12 PM, Bengineer said:

Haha. Focal sound and fit not my thing, no point spending $500 on something I won't like :P

On 22/03/2020 at 9:10 PM, TDX said:

just buy it 🤪

🤔Now $599 with carry case. The carry case which sell over $200 + 10% Easter Discount what's a steal Luckily. I don't have a spare $$$ & space otherwise I will grab it for my Personal COLLECTION.👍🤫

The Easter 10% discount has been extended for another week. I've ordered up a REL subwoofer and saved $160.

At it again guys.

Focal Clear Pro - $1200

Focal Stellia - $3000

Focal Utopia - $3000

4 hours ago, Bengineer said:

At it again guys.

Focal Clear Pro - $1200

Focal Stellia - $3000

Focal Utopia - $3000

I've been deliberating on the Clear Pros the last few days and the HD800s that go for $1500. Ended up just buying the Clear Pros just now. I've certainly done my part in stimulating the economy in the last few weeks with my purchases.

22 minutes ago, Satirical said:

I've been deliberating on the Clear Pros the last few days and the HD800s that go for $1500. Ended up just buying the Clear Pros just now. I've certainly done my part in stimulating the economy in the last few weeks with my purchases.

🤣

I've done my part too with the Utopia!

What does B Stock mean? 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, petng said:

What does B Stock mean? 

A quote from a user in this reddit thread about B stock:  https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/de0x03/is_it_worth_to_buy_bstock/

"I can’t guarantee that this applies to every company or seller, but usually B-stock just means almost-like-new products that can’t be sold as new, eg. customer returns with opened boxes, or they could have some very minor cosmetic blemishes.

Honestly, as long as the warranty is good, I just see B-stock items as an excellent way to save money with very little drawbacks. Most of my collection is B-stock or demo units, and none of them have any visible or audible problems."

Edited by zxSwifty

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, petng said:

What does B Stock mean? 

I think A2A mentioned on OzBargain that B-stock tends to be 'open box' but comes with full warranty but it makes you wonder who opened these boxes in the first place considering the stock available. I can't see a large amount of people just 'trying' out a lot of these headphones and returning them considering A2A doesn't have a very generous return policy at all.

Edited by Satirical

3 hours ago, petng said:

What does B Stock mean? 

U should Email & asking ATA instead.🤔👍

Meant nothing with the Elegia I got a while back. Was brand new. Box not even opened before.

Take with grain of salt, but those prices whoop carrrreeees

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Meant nothing with the Elegia I got a while back. Was brand new. Box not even opened before.

I bought 'ex-demos'. The speakers were completely sealed with the original Dynaudio tape, only the Schiit Sys and RCA cables that came 'free' came in unsealed boxes.

EDIT:

Elear thread: "B stock indicates as new stock that has been resealed, comes with a full 2 year warranty."

Source: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/479445

Clear thread: "All accessories, only open box units they aren't used. Full warranty."

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/529063

Edited by Satirical

I purchased a pair of demo Headphones last year. It was brand new and unopened. It may be a way of ATA to clear items without upsetting the manufacturer or its distributors. 

4 hours ago, Bengineer said:

How do you like the Elegia? They are $749 bundled with a Dragonfly Red at the moment and I'm tempted. I listen to bass heavy music and want to know what the bass is like, is there a lot?

It's not a lot, none of the Focals have a lot.

If you want that deep subbass, for that price, look at a Fostex TH6XX Ebony. Or a used CA Cascade (smaller cups though).

It's dynamic and somewhat nuetral. Can always EQ the bass up. Solid headphone for sure.

2 hours ago, petng said:

I purchased a pair of demo Headphones last year. It was brand new and unopened. It may be a way of ATA to clear items without upsetting the manufacturer or its distributors. 

ATA are the distributor for most of the brands they sell.

2 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

$1099 was normal price

That's a huge jump, I'll defintely wait for things to settle back down. Hopefully that's by the end of the year. Appreciate the help 🙂

Waiting for some B stock Grado PS2000e.😀

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Zodiac-12 said:

But the Clear Pros does it come with full accessories like standard Clear caused it's didn't show full pictures like standard Clear🤔👀

""Whilst stocks last, identical sonically to the normal Focal Clear, includes two sets of ear pads and only two cables instead of 3 - a black and red version of the Focal Clear otherwise!....All accessories, only open box units they aren't used." - https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/529063

Focal decided to give you an extra pair of pads instead of an XLR cable (I guess this might matter for some but quality pads that can match the original pads are harder to get compared to getting an XLR cable):

"Clear comes with an extra balanced 4-pin XLR cable, whilst the Clear Pro is bundled with an extra set of earpads" (not sure why it's bold, just copy pasted from website)- https://www.sonarworks.com/blog/reviews/focal-clear-and-clear-professional-studio-headphone-review/

Edited by Satirical

9 minutes ago, Satirical said:

""Whilst stocks last, identical sonically to the normal Focal Clear, includes two sets of ear pads and only two cables instead of 3 - a black and red version of the Focal Clear otherwise!....All accessories, only open box units they aren't used." - https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/529063

Focal decided to give you an extra pair of pads instead of an XLR cable (I guess this might matter for some but quality pads that can match the original pads are harder to get compared to getting an XLR cable):

"Clear comes with an extra balanced 4-pin XLR cable, whilst the Clear Pro is bundled with an extra set of earpads" (not sure why it's bold, just copy pasted from website)- https://www.sonarworks.com/blog/reviews/focal-clear-and-clear-professional-studio-headphone-review/

Damn, that's a really REALLY good deal! I kinda wish I got the Professional edition instead of the standard Clear. My Clear pads look absolutely rank after using them a lot over the summer. Thinking of throwing them in the washing machine, but not sure I'm game enough to risk it. Replacement pads are so over-priced....

3 minutes ago, Monkey4054 said:

Damn, that's a really REALLY good deal! I kinda wish I got the Professional edition instead of the standard Clear. My Clear pads look absolutely rank after using them a lot over the summer. Thinking of throwing them in the washing machine, but not sure I'm game enough to risk it. Replacement pads are so over-priced....

How much are the official pads running for in Australia? The official XLR cable is $259 (well, it was $233 last week).

58 minutes ago, Satirical said:

How much are the official pads running for in Australia? The official XLR cable is $259 (well, it was $233 last week).

You know I'm not too sure actually, I don't think I've found any sold locally. Buying them from overseas would be like $3-400. Totally absurd. Better off with the aftermarket Dekoni ones or the Elex pads instead.

Just now, Monkey4054 said:

You know I'm not too sure actually, I don't think I've found any sold locally. Buying them from overseas would be like $3-400. Totally absurd. Better off with the aftermarket Dekoni ones or the Elex pads instead.

Elex pads are supposed to be the same as the Clear pads but you just have to wait for Drop to sell them.