Sign in to follow this  
redrich2000

Addicted to Audio price drops

17 minutes ago, Gryffles said:

Thanks but in this case I’ll be returning it.

I would be giving support a go, it's a fantastic unit 

Just now, cambam007 said:

I bought 3 Aries Mini's. I'm currently running 2 and they sound fantastic. Auralic recently updated the firmware to 6.3 on the Aries and Mini's bringing a raft of improvements, one being sound quality. 

https://support.auralic.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045620293

18 minutes ago, cambam007 said:

I’m sure it is hence why I purchased it. But what’s happened has left a sour taste.

Not sure if it’s always been there, but if I look at the Aries units on the A2A site it says very clearly 

REFURBISHED UNIT, 1 YEAR WARRANTY, SLIGHT BLEMISHES, ONLY ONLINE]

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Not sure if it’s always been there, but if I look at the Aries units on the A2A site it says very clearly 

REFURBISHED UNIT, 1 YEAR WARRANTY, SLIGHT BLEMISHES, ONLY ONLINE]

What’s your point though? 

Edited by Gryffles

1 minute ago, Gryffles said:

What’s your point though? 

I thought you meant that they hadn't made it clear that the unit was refurbished. 

If that's not what you were saying then perhaps I misunderstood you - apologies.

Just now, sir sanders zingmore said:

I thought you meant that they hadn't made it clear that the unit was refurbished. 

If that's not what you were saying then perhaps I misunderstood you - apologies.

No probs. I did state in my post that I knew it was refurbished and I have no issue with that and the price reflected that too.

Being unusable due to being locked and then being ignored is my issue

1 minute ago, Gryffles said:

No probs. I did state in my post that I knew it was refurbished and I have no issue with that and the price reflected that too.

Being unusable due to being locked and then being ignored is my issue

Understood. 

Agree that selling an unusable unit is poor form

On 22/03/2020 at 4:00 PM, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

With all of the manufacturing reductions, the Australian dollar nosediving by about 20% of its value over the past fortnight, new shipments are going to increase and current stock may be the best buys.

JJ

With people loosing jobs there will be less people buying luxury items. Maybe I am wrong but I think that it would be terrible for business to raise prices. In fact lowering prices may be a good idea.

Maybe the people who spend a large amount of money on audio equipment are not going to care about price raises?

THE LCD2C jumped from $999 to $1399  .. $400 is a huge jump for a item like this.
I know the AUD has dropped, but has it really dropped 40%? 

Posted (edited)

They have some good sales on, and you can get an additional 10% off on the sale item. Use code Easter2020. Have a good and safe Easters :D

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/?utm_campaign=Easter Weekend Sale 2020 - Sale begins (P5tf4m)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Addicted To Audio&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJ4dWR1b0Btc24uY29tIiwgImtsX2NvbXBhbnlfaWQiOiAiS2JSSEVrIn0%3D

Edited by TDX

KEF LSX come down to $1430 !

Also Focal Clear Pro B Stock on at 1200. Bit of a steal....

Sonoma Model One can be picked up for $2700ish. Usually $7500. From what I've read it's an endgame head-fi setup. If I had the money, I'd buy it just to find out.

9 minutes ago, Snrub said:

Sonoma Model One can be picked up for $2700ish. Usually $7500. From what I've read it's an endgame head-fi setup. If I had the money, I'd buy it just to find out.

"B Stock"

Whatever that means (not explained on the website as far as I can see)

Just now, sir sanders zingmore said:

"B Stock"

I have purchased an Astell & Kern SE100 from A2A that was listed as B-Stock. It appeared to be a demo (branded as such on the label) but was unopened and in perfect condition. This may be similar, or may have been used as a store demo. Either way, I'd be reasonably confident it would be in good condition.

6 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

"B Stock"

Based on the shop I used to work at, it’s likely a catch-all term for anything the distributor can’t sell as brand new, including but not limited to ex-display/demo, box damage, repaired returns/recall or end of model overstocks. It might be perfect as @Snrub’s was or it might be a lemon that’s been sold and returned 4 times. There’s definitely bargains to be had but check the return policy before you drop any serious money. 

8 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

I see them at $1,773

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/kef-lsx-wireless-bookshelf-speakers

Less a "whopping" 10% makes them $1,595

They got in and jacked price back up. When I check they hadn't. Classic A2A. Notice how the Sony Z7M2 jumped up to close to $900, from sitting around $500 for months.

8 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

"B Stock"

B Stock from them of Focal, from my experience, is just overrun stock of some sort. Brand new, unopened box, protective film on everything.

5 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Classic A2A. Notice how the Sony Z7M2 jumped up to close to $900, from sitting around $500 for months.

Yeah they were $538 pre "sale", now $899 😡

They better watch out, the ACCC is clamping down hard on this sort of practice.

They have always done it too.

Minidisc offer a discount, have some exclusions, and thats that.

A2A have the same discount, not many exclusions, but certain products prices magically jump up the discount price or more.

Some deals still to be had. But I'd rather they just add things into the exclusions list instead.

Posted (edited)

Even Focal Elegia bundle from $799 now $1399 . Look like headphone is going pandemic...🤔

Edited by Zodiac-12

5 hours ago, Bengineer said:

They have always done it too.

Minidisc offer a discount, have some exclusions, and thats that.

A2A have the same discount, not many exclusions, but certain products prices magically jump up the discount price or more.

Some deals still to be had. But I'd rather they just add things into the exclusions list instead.

Yes, I noticed the same phenomenon. In relation to the LSX, there is a KEF direct offer of 20% discount to $1,596, with a bonus product of $279 to $379.  So the A2A discount is the same up front price but no bonus. Total price gouging, opportunistic BS IMHO.  Whatever. Good luck to them,  it not on my $$. 

4 hours ago, Zodiac-12 said:

Even Focal Elegia bundle from $799 now $1399 . Look like headphone is going pandemic...🤔

That's also part of why these Focals come up so damn cheap sometimes.

Focal Clear Pro is 1200 b stock, or 750USD. They sell for 1000-1100 USD used in the states. How are we so much cheaper?

For those looking to get a pair of Focal Clears with the black and red colour way.