Addicted to Audio price drops

On 25/04/2020 at 10:16 AM, zxSwifty said:

How do you like the Elegia? They are $749 bundled with a Dragonfly Red at the moment and I'm tempted. I listen to bass heavy music and want to know what the bass is like, is there a lot?

I too saw this deal and was wondering if I should give it a go? Do you happen to know if the Dragonfly Red bundled with this is the latest one?

Also, any idea about the sound signature of the Elegia's? I'm upgrading from a AT-M40x. Looking for a closed back that is not too strong on the treble side (since I'm a bit sensitive to harsh treble). Need not have heavy bass. Most of my favorite music is blues, jazz, 70's rock etc

Just now, anandpkumar said:

I too saw this deal and was wondering if I should give it a go? Do you happen to know if the Dragonfly Red bundled with this is the latest one?

Also, any idea about the sound signature of the Elegia's? I'm upgrading from a AT-M40x. Looking for a closed back that is not too strong on the treble side (since I'm a bit sensitive to harsh treble). Need not have heavy bass. Most of my favorite music is blues, jazz, 70's rock etc

I actually think this headphone would suit your needs better than mine. Here's a good video on them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anandpkumar said:

There is a b-stock special right now on ATA: Elegia $499 . On the other hand if you want dragonfly red and you don't want to buy one second hand then it's good value to do the $749.

Edited by gwurb
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gwurb said:

There is a b-stock special right now on ATA: Elegia $499 . On the other hand if you want dragonfly red and you don't want to buy one second hand then it's good value to do the $749.

Thanks for the heads up. I did see the b-stock special at $499. I was also looking for something similar to the red. The red retails for around $275, so the combined price for a new Elegia+red at $750 seems to be very good value. Any thoughts on the sound signature of the Elegia's?

4 minutes ago, Monkey4054 said:

The best part of them in my opinion is the attack/dynamics/slam they provide.

Have you heard HiFiMan HE400i? I currently have them and KEF Space One wired. I am really underwhelmed by the KEFs. I enjoy the HE400i. Are the focals anything like the HE400i? I am wondering if I prefer the planar sound or if fast, punchy and clear dynamic headphones would be a better option as they may have more bass (the only thing I feel is lacking in HE400i for my taste). I would like closed back as I don't want everyone around me to be listening to my music :)

1 minute ago, gwurb said:

Have you heard HiFiMan HE400i? I currently have them and KEF Space One wired. I am really underwhelmed by the KEFs. I enjoy the HE400i. Are the focals anything like the HE400i? I am wondering if I prefer the planar sound or if fast, punchy and clear dynamic headphones would be a better option as they may have more bass (the only thing I feel is lacking in HE400i for my taste). I would like closed back as I don't want everyone around me to be listening to my music :)

Hey mate, yes I own the Hifiman's as well. The Elegia is simply on another level in my opinion.  Some people who strongly prefer the 'planar sound' may disagree, but I think the Hifiman sounds boring in comparison, although they will be less fatiguing for the same reason. The Focal Elegia will definitely work for isolating sound in both directions, but it's not 100% though.

• Thanks 1

Use code MUM2020 at the checkout.

Makes something like Focal Elegia RRP$1399, Sale price $499-10%

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/collections/b-stock-demo-clearance/products/focal-elegia-closed-back-headphones-b-stock

DYNAUDIO XEO 4 wireless bookshelf speakers RRP$2499, Sale price $1700-10% off

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/collections/b-stock-demo-clearance/products/dynaudio-xeo-4-wireless-bookshelf-speakers

Plenty of other deals to be had.

I wish I had waited instead of buying something a week or so ago :) 

1 minute ago, gwurb said:

Use code MUM2020 at the checkout.

Makes something like Focal Elegia RRP$1399, Sale price $499-10%

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/collections/b-stock-demo-clearance/products/focal-elegia-closed-back-headphones-b-stock

DYNAUDIO XEO 4 wireless bookshelf speakers RRP$2499, Sale price $1700-10% off

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/collections/b-stock-demo-clearance/products/dynaudio-xeo-4-wireless-bookshelf-speakers

Plenty of other deals to be had.

I wish I had waited instead of buying something a week or so ago :) 

Don't feel bad. The code specifically excludes those:

*Use coupon code 'MUM2020' at checkout to receive discount.

Includes: In stock items only.

Excludes: KEF, Dynaudio, Focal Speaker Clearance, Focal B Stock, Schiit Audio, Sennheiser Massdrop Models, Sony TVs, pre-orders, lay by, special orders, back orders, rain checks, gift vouchers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sakabatou said:

Don't feel bad. The code specifically excludes those:

*Use coupon code 'MUM2020' at checkout to receive discount.

Includes: In stock items only.

Excludes: KEF, Dynaudio, Focal Speaker Clearance, Focal B Stock, Schiit Audio, Sennheiser Massdrop Models, Sony TVs, pre-orders, lay by, special orders, back orders, rain checks, gift vouchers.

I tried it on the Focals and it worked. I didn't put another order through. Maybe they would have cancelled it anyway?

Either way there are other items to use the 10% off on like A&K or Peachtree.

Edited by gwurb

Ya...I tried it on the Focal Clear Pro B-Stock and it brings it down to $1079 although it's supposed to exclude it. I wonder if the order would go through, sucks to lose out on $119 had I waited just a week. But the Utopia B-stock would be $2,700 which undercuts used pricing worldwide!

EDIT: Think they saw this thread lol...

The Xeo 4 is actually more expensive than 2 weeks ago. It was $1499 before with 10% off with the old deal which brought it to $1250. I deliberated between that and the X14a.

Edited by Satirical

The Sony MDR-Z7M2 went from $438 before the Easter sale to $838 and from $838 to $1699 for the Mother's day sale.......

ezgif.com-optimize.gif.3bafada6ea3923e004383df56d9f1566.gif

Edited by aasza
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Satirical said:

Ya...I tried it on the Focal Clear Pro B-Stock and it brings it down to $1079 although it's supposed to exclude it.

The Xeo 4 is actually more expensive than 2 weeks ago. It was $1499 before with 10% off with the old deal which brought it to $1250. I deliberated between that and the X14a.

I think they have done that in the past with sales and clearance items. So probably worth watching items of interest and buying at the right price for oneself.

What I bought is cheaper now but as you mention the price could have gone up on the sale had I waited, so it's a gamble.

A&K SR15 for $539 looks attractive.

Edited by gwurb

2 minutes ago, gwurb said:

I think they have done that in the past with sales and clearance items. So probably worth watching items of interest and buying at the right price for oneself.

Just another example of a typical sale by A2A.

Let's just say their pricing is somewhat elastic, as are their claims of discounts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, aasza said:

The Sony MDR-Z7M2 went from $438 before the Easter sale to $838 and from $838 to $1699 for the Mother's day sale.......

ezgif.com-optimize.gif.3bafada6ea3923e004383df56d9f1566.gif

Sony MDR-Z1R google search turns up the pre-sale price, and current (higher) price is listed on the actual page.

Certainly worth keeping track of prices to make sure that current deals are actual deals :) 

DYNAUDIO MUSIC 7 INTELLIGENT WIRELESS MUSIC SYSTEM $849.00 + 10% off  ($1,599.00)

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/collections/dynaudio-music/products/dynaudio-music-7-intelligent-wireless-music-system

Good buy for a classy sound-bar style if you don't care much about hiend sound, I listened at Lifestylestore but not really impressed.

It has DSP so, maybe better performance if setup properly in small room, this is a better buy than KEF LX 20%

In term of price, real good at under < 800 with 10% off, tempted but my wife would say another speaker???

Edited by ikhuong

Just now, martin64 said:

So what is b stock? Bad damage or what. Good prices but dont want to buy something that looks used.

Great deals though

Mine was in a sealed box, wrapped in packaging with plastic on item parts. No markings whatsoever. It looked like a brand new item. Maybe they opened the packaging to check something inside? Maybe someone bought it and returned it without use?

27 minutes ago, gwurb said:

Mine was in a sealed box, wrapped in packaging with plastic on item parts. No markings whatsoever. It looked like a brand new item. Maybe they opened the packaging to check something inside? Maybe someone bought it and returned it without use?

Or the distributor trying to clear excess. Sony does this with their 'box damaged' goods (I mean, all boxes can technically be damaged if it just picks up a scuff so they're not lying). I doubt you have dozens of Focal Clear Pros being bought at regular price and being returned without the seal being broken. Even moreso, the Utopia. Doubt anyone is just buying those and returning them with a restocking fee.

Edited by Satirical

9 minutes ago, Satirical said:

Or the distributor trying to clear excess. Sony does this with their 'box damaged' goods (I mean, all boxes can technically be damaged if it just picks up a scuff so they're not lying). I doubt you have dozens of Focal Clear Pros being bought at regular price and being returned without the seal being broken. Even moreso, the Utopia. Doubt anyone is just buying those and returning them with a restocking fee.

Absolutely. I don't know what lead to the B-Stock classification. It could be just excess stock. I wouldn't want to give anyone hope that they are brand new, because I don't know. So if someone buys B-Stock then who knows what exactly they will get.

I think mine were brand new :) I would struggle to find anything to show that they may be anything other than new.

• Administrator

I think we've seen this enough times now to know 'B-stock' is actually their way of getting around selling items cheaper (due to distributor agreements, or upsetting other dealers etc) when in fact, it's obviously not B stock at all. 

• Like 4

• Volunteer

The whole thing is confusing to me. B stock that's really new, heavily discounted pricing where the "original" price seems rather slippery, 10% discounts that only apply to certain items...

Disappointing behaviour really. And surprising - the couple of times I've actually been in store, I found their service to be really really good 

7 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

the "original" price seems rather slippery, 10% discounts that only apply to certain items...

It does seem odd how the prices fluctuate so much. It would be better if they had sale end dates, to indicate when the price will go back up.

None the less, when they have dropped prices they have dropped to a really good price. 

The discount with exclusion is fairly normal in retail.

• Like 2

I had the utopias in my cart for 2700 with 10% off, was contemplating them or the stellias for 30mins. Rang there store to confirm what b stock meant and if it had warranty. Then went to purchase and they had disabled the 10% off so that's put me off. 

Edited by zxSwifty