FS: Radford Studio 4-way Monitors

Price: $900
Item Condition: Very good.
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Geelong
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Cash on pick up, Bank deposit.
Reason for selling: Rationalising.

For sale here is a scarce pair of Radford Transmission-line Studio Monitors. 
You don’t see these often folks. They are even more difficult to find than Radford’s amplifiers. Designer, Arthur Radford (obviously famous for his amplifier designs) was more invested and proud of his loudspeaker designs than that of his amplifiers. Which kinda says something...

Being a four way, they consist of;

Kef B139, Coles 4001 Super Tweeter, Celestion HF1300 tweeter and a Goodman Maxim Mid driver per box. 
in my time of ownership I had the original 60’s English Electrolytics replaces with modern Jantzen caps. Which improved the sound immensely. As you could imagine. 

Pictured with the speakers is the Radford STA25 that I currently have listed. Happy to combine and sell them together for $3500. A chance to procure an silly scarce pairing of vintage gear with bucket loads of cred.

Happy to drop to Pack & Send. Happy to audition.  

3B20B602-1BAA-466B-9F3B-E256064AC35B.jpeg

9C8BF3E1-7C1F-4CE7-A827-63FC7448D888.jpeg

E27640A3-F444-4418-830D-10D3A09232BB.jpeg

Edited by Be Quiet...Listen
  • Like 3

I don't suppose you'd be interested in a trade with some Spendor BC1s, or some Spendor LS3/5a? At least with the latter you'd be substantially downsizing!

Edited by Miguel

On 25/03/2020 at 12:53 PM, Miguel said:

I don't suppose you'd be interested in a trade with some Spendor BC1s, or some Spendor LS3/5a? At least with the latter you'd be substantially downsizing!

To be honest, I’d love some LS3/5A’a but I really just need to downsize. 

I have had many enquiries and had one member commit to buying them but has since been fired as a result of this COVID-19 blow up. 

Still available for those interested. 

Cheers,

Edited by Be Quiet...Listen

On 26/03/2020 at 10:14 PM, Be Quiet...Listen said:

To be honest, I’d love some LS3/5A’a but I really just need to downsize. 

I have had many enquiries and had one member commit to buying them but has since been fired as a result of this COVID-19 blow up. 

Still available for those interested. 

Cheers,

I quite understand. I'd grab these for cash but I've zero work right now due to the virus and can't really justify it to the wife who is supporting us both...