Sign in to follow this  
Decruzb

Dac suitable for tidal masters

Hi! Any advice to getting the best out of tidal masters ? Laptop to dac to rca to amp?

Cheers

Bernard

Posted (edited)

A budget  may help  advice

I have a topping d70 which is not MQA   but Topping  perform well for the $

They sell well here if you need to move it on for any reason 

I am awaiting the release of the new  topping d90  mqa version to run in another system  which should be soon 

David 

Edited by david j

Also, what is rest of music chain including software e.g. Roon? Do you want to consolidate e.g. a streamer DAC or just a standalone DAC? 

Personally, I did not find MQA tracks on Tidal any better, so did not bother looking for a DAC just to play Tidal Masters.

I use the Brooklyn DAC+ and can highly recommend it. More pricey (I paid $3,200 in Jan 2019) but it is in my main system fed from Roon Nucleus and outputs to an integrated amp, a headphone amp and an AVR (and does 5.1 surround sound) so I feel I get the value out of it (in fact listening through it as I type).  Good luck with your search and listening. 

image.jpg

If you're looking for MQA, the SMSL M500 is also another good option, and also has a headphone amp in it as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lenticularis
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: EFT, PayPal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Selling this Schiit Modi 3, bought new in mid August 2019

As new, except for a missing cover on the Toslink optical input (there is no impact on audio performance when using a reasonable quality Toslink cable, however the price reflects this).
      The RRP of a new Schiit Modi 3 (same model as this) is now 260 locally.

No SMPSU was supplied, a policy that Addicted To Audio practice when they import this piece of Schiit.

A micro USB cable will be supplied and that's all that's needed to power this. I'll also supply a pair of RCA cables.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By AlurkA
      Item Condition: Excellent to minty. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Preston State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Change of scenery hopefully Further information:

Top of the Accuphase line prior to the current model line.  Exceptional sound and build quality.  Only bettered by the current DC-950.  Can be used as a Pre.
      Shipping is included in the price, insurance (which I recommend) is up to you. Comes in original double boxes with original documentation. Australian stock/model.

Specs can be found here:  http://www.accuphase.com/cat/dp-900_dc-901_e.pdf

Photos:

• By AussieMick
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Bendigo State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, EFT Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
      RRP $2,530

7 digital inputs 
         3 x coax
         3 x optical
         1 x USB
      2 outputs
         1 x TRS balanced (Libran cable INCLUDED RRP $400)
         1 x RCA fixed

A fine sounding preamp and super flexible DAC. I’m leaving digital behind for an all vinyl front end, so the Majestic is NLR. 

I have owned it from new and am the only owner. All original packaging and manual included. 
      (IsoAcoustics Orea feat not included)

• By GKA87
      Item Condition: Used - Good condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: CAPEL SOUND State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal or Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Got the upgrade itch. Selling my Burson Play. 

I'm selling my Burson Play, as I have the itch to upgrade to a balanced DAC, it's still in good condition, comes with original packaging and all accessories (includes remote control), and has never been opened up and had OpAmps rolled. 

Sounds excellent, and has the novel features of rollable OpAmps and being able to fit in a 5.25" drive bay of a computer case (also has a mic in) and Preamp.

Available for pick-up or postage at buyers expense, feel free to message me for further details.

• By Doomguy
      After 7 years my faithful Audio GD NFB 15.32 is dying on me, so I'm looking for a new solution.

My use case is Windows PC -> DAC/Amp -> Headphones and powered speakers

I primarily use my speakers over my headphones, probably about a 85/15 split. For what it's worth, speakers are JBL 305p MkII and headphones are Sennheiser HD 58X but both of these are subject to future upgrade, so I don't mind going with something that might seem 'overkill' for this tier of hardware. Features / things that I'm ideally after are;

Great sound quality / specs for the price Pre-amp control for my speakers Being able to switch between headphone and pre-amp output without unplugging headphones (I'm used to having this with the Audio GD for years now, but I could adjust to not having that feature. I'd just rather not have to 😄) Ideally have multiple inputs (USB, optical, coaxial) Nice build quality Balanced would be kinda cool but really, really not necessary  
      The main unit I've been eyeing is the JDS Labs Element II combo, $400US. I own the atom amp in my turntable set-up so I have the utmost confidence in the sound quality of the unit, and I think the design is very, very sleek and would look beautiful on my desk. They also have a stellar reputation for their post sales support. The only major misgiving I have of it is that it only has USB input. Given that I'm only/primarily using it with my computer, that theoretically shouldn't be a problem, but it's not implausible that I might want to plug a game console into it along with my PC at some point in the future. I think it's just a bit of a bummer that it's single input for the DAC, it's always nice to have the option for other inputs. There is the option to buy the separate dac and amp units instead of the combo unit, but that's an extra $150US, which is too much. 

Another unit I've seen is the Monoprice Monolith THX combo unit, $499US. It's $100 more than the Element II, but, it has multiple inputs for the DAC and it even has a balanced headphone amp! I do find it annoying that it doesn't have balanced outputs for my speakers, though, which would be cool and seems like a missed opportunity tbh. Only 1 year warranty as well, which doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence at this price.

At this point I'm just shopping around, but I'd appreciate any pointers or impressions. Thanks in advance!