Local DIY subwoofer driver for VBSS

Dbuns

Hey everyone,

I was just about to purchase some Dayton Audio PA460-8 18" from USA. But with the dollar drop and the uncertainty around cargo getting over here through this virus time, I’m not willing to import from US at the moment.

I know The Loud Speaker Kit has them for $400 (significantly more than USA), and Wagner has the SB AUDIENCE BIANCO 18" but it is out of stock.

Just wondering if anyone knows of some reasonable deals locally to build a VBSS with?

Cheers

I believe the Peerless FSL-1830R03-08 ($256) is a better woofer in most respects than the Dayton PA460-8.

If you head over to Parts Express you can use their compare check box tool to look at both drivers specs side by side.

1097214621_Comparison1.png.3b16ecb5c0f56404fb18245241c13c53.png

1865050519_Comparison2.png.f9068ad88cca5bca32e1ba9c516acc57.png

You'd likely need to fine tune the standard VBSS to suit this driver, just as you would with any substitute driver when not using the original specified Dayton.

Good luck!

Peerless.png

Edited by Maz4bz

1 hour ago, Maz4bz said:

I believe the Peerless FSL-1830R03-08 ($256) is a better woofer in most respects than the Dayton PA460-8.

If you head over to Parts Express you can use their compare check box tool to look at both drivers specs side by side.

You'd likely need to fine tune the standard VBSS to suit this driver, just as you would with any substitute driver when not using the original specified Dayton.

Good luck!

Peerless.png

Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll look into it.

1 hour ago, Mushroom01 said:

Have you asked how long it will take to get?

I think the whole SB Audience range is on back order? 

No I haven’t contacted them, shall do Monday to see how long the wait is

• 2 weeks later...