FS: Falcon Studio 30 speakers $3900 ono

Price: $3900
Item Condition: Used 9.5/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Morley
State: Western Australia
Payment Method: Cash, direct deposit
Reason for selling: Upgraded to Revel F208

Item:  Falcon Studio 30 floorstanding speakers ( walnut finish) 
Price:  $4300 ono  + postage
Item Condition: 9,9- no marks, scratches , spotless
Reason for selling: Revel F208 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash,, COD Only
Extra Info: 

I bought these in April 2019 , intrigued by the design and the reviews (below) and also through much discussion with Andy at Audiofix over their suitability in my room. in short they work fine in my room and with their down firing port , makes for a lot of versatility in room positioning.  Ultimately I enjoyed their sound enough to sell my Dynaudio confidence 5. 

but as always in this great game, a recent read up and current home demo of Revel F208 have made me decide to purchase them as hopefully an “ end game” speaker. Well that’s the plan 😎

these present as new , out of the boxes and set up -   No marks at all. So like new with a discount price.

sounds wise, I play a wide variety of music through them and found them to be detailed and balanced, never becoming over bright  the high and mids in particular are impressive. Female vocals in particular sound very nice. The bass is fast and well defined - certainly not plodding.  These could be an ideal speakers for someone liking the Proac, Spendor or Sonus Fabre sound. 

Build quality is spot on, weight in at 35kg each, with 25mm cabinets made in Italy and the heavy and solid plinths.  At a pinch they do look a bit like mid period Sonus  Faber, but certainly they look even more impressive in the flesh. With their design and slimline dimensions, could be a alternative to a similar priced standmount? 

I have the boxes (3) and packaging so transport/courier isn’t an issue. Happy demo at home to interested parties

boxes are 115cm long x 33cm wide and 45cm deep weight would be about 40 kgs per box.

interesting fact - Falcon are distributed the USA by Mofi electronics. 

Cheers dave 

reviews 

6554b6be8c0d829a8bf63ae0c82cf121_link.pn R.A.M 

WWW.FALCONLOUDSPEAKERS.CO.UK

https://www.hifinews.com/content/falcon-acoustics-ram-studio-30-loudspeaker

https://www.hifichoicemag.com/content/falcon-acoustics-ram-studio-30-0

https://audiofix.com.au/store/falcon-ram-/137-falcon-acoustics-ram-studio-30.html

Further information: 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

4D8FE8C4-BF6D-4C8D-A9AC-936630401BBF.jpeg

BF1FDE07-7468-49BE-B986-FE2200AE2C45.jpeg

8F32B14C-E345-4DB0-8555-8F162033BC50.jpeg

C0E32E9A-5A4C-4BFD-B208-67596658CD29.jpeg

B6E15283-9D97-4B73-AE4A-90D471ABEE8D.jpeg

644B0D2C-00DF-43E6-83BE-8746F1FEE525.jpeg

B200479D-43A5-497A-BFDC-326CF3527666.jpeg

210EBAF4-3802-45C3-A920-9BD6A3B49295.jpeg

CD39B253-1ABF-407C-AA0B-4D61F7E66214.jpeg

0759A67B-9EA0-4470-ADC6-24B3912ED04D.jpeg

4936E611-7B4A-4718-8C9B-A6790E083CA8.jpeg

3DC3D9D6-1A44-41E9-A322-F54E9ACAB770.jpeg

A1074912-E44F-4C99-952E-1EBEB921F442.jpeg

A7417809-56FE-46E0-B623-3B8377BAFA1E.jpeg

390BD63B-7F73-4232-9048-645C6ABB4363.jpeg

3D0D2208-4F86-46E0-BB91-B6652148BAC5.jpeg

DBDBFA6A-2525-4ECB-BA54-0F8D941E266E.jpeg

ADB4D907-2323-4587-AC98-FA81052F8BA1.jpeg

54 minutes ago, AuDrew said:

Falcon Acoustics! This is a rare find...were these sourced from the UK or US?

Audiofix on the Sunshine Coast are the Aust agents 

Yes, I bought them from Andy at Audiofix, great guy to deal with . 

2 hours ago, Bill125812 said:

Audiofix on the Sunshine Coast are the Aust agents 

Thanks, I wasn't aware these were available here.

Falcon Acoustics is of course renowned for their BBC LS3/5a's as the only current iteration that actually employs the same KEF drive units as the originals.
I would love to audition these.

And your Studio 30's of course! Spec wise, they would appear to be easy to drive. 

Not sure if you've actually achieved an upgrade with the Revels though that would depend on your front end, so I'd be interested in your thoughts of how they compare. Similar size and configuration to the F208's but I imagine they would sound very different?

The f208 are bigger than the studio 30 in cabinet size and drivers. Tho they weigh roughly the same 35 vs36 kg. Consequently the f208 have more of the same , if you like. 

I would imagine the revel 206 are more similar to the studio 30 in sound.

I'm sure the F208's have a big soundstage too.

I should mention that I've previously owned Revels as well (the original Gems and Studios) and both were magnificent.

Judging from what I've read, I expect the Falcons are worthy transducers too.

They are too big for me, I'm afraid. In case you hadn't worked out, I'm after the LS3/5a's instead!

GLWTS - it's a good price considering they are virtually new.

1 minute ago, AuDrew said:

They are too big for me, I'm afraid. In case you hadn't worked out, I'm after the LS3/5a's instead!

From my cold, dead fingers, that's all I can say to that :D