Sign in to follow this  
Eskay

AS NEW-Sonus Faber Sonetto II with dedicated stands

Posted (edited)
Price: $3200
Item Condition: As new
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Bentleigh
State: Victoria
Payment Method: EFT,Cash on pickup
Reason for selling: Not required

Extra Info:

I purchased these speakers brand new with their dedicated stands from an authorised dealer approx 8 weeks ago and after extensive listening I have decided to keep my Quad floorstanders. 

The speakers come with all paperwork and warranty and are in as new condition.

Current cost is  for the speakers is $3995 and the stands are $895, So I am offering them at a substantial discount. 

Happy to demo for genuine interested buyers and happy to ship at cost and risk.

IMG_20200207_160744_resized_20200207_041452319.jpg

IMG_20200207_160505_resized_20200207_041503789.jpg

IMG_20200207_160515_resized_20200207_041503200.jpg

IMG_20200207_160525_resized_20200207_041502591.jpg

IMG_20200207_160538_resized_20200207_041501953.jpg

IMG_20200207_160543_resized_20200207_041501197.jpg

IMG_20200207_160548_resized_20200207_041500473.jpg

IMG_20200207_160614_resized_20200207_041459106.jpg

IMG_20200207_160619_resized_20200207_041458541.jpg

IMG_20200207_160625_resized_20200207_041457985.jpg

IMG_20200207_160630_resized_20200207_041457147.jpg

IMG_20200207_160637_resized_20200207_041455751.jpg

IMG_20200207_160649_resized_20200207_041455158.jpg

IMG_20200207_160651_resized_20200207_041454585.jpg

IMG_20200207_160734_resized_20200207_041454048.jpg

IMG_20200207_160742_resized_20200207_041453411.jpg

Edited by Eskay

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sir Rab of Everest
      Item Condition: Excellent - and upgraded Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Fitzroy North State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash on pickup preferred, but will accept EFT and Paypal (plus fees) Reason for selling: not used Further information:

Up for sale is my beloved C.E.C. TL-1X belt drive CD transport. In stock form, the TL-1X is already considered by some to be one of the very the best transports ever made, but this one is even better: it has been rebuilt/refreshed as described below, and has a custom built true hydrodynamic bearing (see below for details).

I hunted long and hard to find this one, imported it from overseas, and had it completely refreshed and upgraded by Leviathan Audio (details below), but I just don't spin CDs any more, despite the C.E.C. transport clearly sounding better through my DAC than my high cost computer transport (a silent PC with SSD, linear supplies running Windows Server 2019, Audiophile Optimiser, hqplayer, and Roon server sending data to an Ultrarendu powered by an LPS-1.2).

I would have used the Tl-1X transport for maybe two hours in total, so frankly it's wasted on me. If the electronic components need to be run in, then they almost certainly would not have been run in yet. 

The C.E.C. has a brand new laser (plays any CD-R disc I have thrown at it, and of course commercial discs). It also has the 'lampizator' S/PDIF output mod. I have the original box. Although I would prefer pickup (from Fitzroy North or Melbourne CBD), I would be willing to send by courier anywhere in Australia if necessary.

Mark of Leviathan Audio has refreshed and upgraded quite a few C.E.C. transports, but he told me that this one was in the best condition he had ever seen, and also that, after the rebuild, it sounded better than the others he had done. 

The rebuild/refresh includes the following:

1 – The Bearing. This is the heart of the mods, and took some time to work out.  I press out the original “Oilite style sintered bronze bushes, and machine up a light press engineering plastic bush that runs full length of the spindle, instead of yoke style as per original. It’s then reamed and hand scraped to perfect fit. This bit is quite tricky.  The brass housing then has a machined ‘O’ ring sealed sump spigot soldered onto it allowing the new sump to be oil filled. A new Eng Plastic thrust disc is machined up and then the housing is sealed and oil filled.
      This produces a true hydrodynamic bearing which will run with virtually no clearance and no vibration. This ultra smooth rotation allows the laser to read the disc with no vibration and gives a cleaner/more accurate digital steam, rendering the error correction circuitry almost null and void.

2 – I modify the chassis to allow the new bearing housing shape to fit into the transport plate.

3 - Strip out all original Electrolytics. It’s easy to think that they are OK because the units still works, but the servo board, power supply and control board need to be within spec to do their jobs correctly. I replace all the electro’s with
      high quality Nichicons. Genuine,....not Chinese copies.

4 - The Power Supply Board gets particular attention here and I use great quality Elna Cerafine 11’s here, for better tolerance and reliability. The Elnas are quite a bit bigger requiring relocation and subsequent wiring to the board as you can see in the Photos. I also replace all the bridge rectifiers with high spec Motorola Ultra Fast/Soft Recovery diodes. This helps supply a cleaner waveform.

5 – If the Tracking Belt and or the Spindle Belt  are stretched, or oxidized, I replace them as a pair. I’ve never seen either worn out,...they usually oxidize and start to micro crack.
      I only use genuine CEC Belts.

6 – I install a WBT RCA on the rear of the unit for SPDIF out. I use silver plated solid core copper wire from the Servo Board to the RCA.

7 - new laser diode

Photos:

• By Essence
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: 3104 State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal,EFT,PayID,Cash on pick up Reason for selling: upgraded to purifi Further information:

The rating is VERY conservatively rated, closer to 90-100w when measured. Not power limited by any capacity, almost 2x power into 4ohms Original owner bought late last year from Dacman Audio. 2 years+ warranty left Have original packing, the remote has been protected since day 1.  Remote can turn unit on/off Look up the internals pictures, 147'600µF of capacitance   
      Photos:

• By captaincheeese
      Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Toowoomba but can safely freight State: Queensland Payment Method: Cash, Paypal plus fees, bank transfer Reason for selling: No longer needed Further information: Three Bowers and Wilkins M1 Series 2 speakers in matte black. Very good condition with a few superficial scratches/marks. The grilles are all perfect with no dents in them.

These are the current model and sell new for $330 each. Happy to separate and sell individually or as a pair. Will come with wall mount brackets. 

Can send the with a courier at a reasonable rate so please just ask if interested. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Ralfi
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Caroline Springs State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash, Paypal Reason for selling: No longer needed Further information:
      1080p, 58” Plasma Television. Kept in excellent condition, with original remote, documents & box!
      There isn’t a better kept TV of this age around.
      Stand hardly used - TV was wall mounted for the majority of the time.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By stevenvalve
      Item Condition: near mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: NORTH RICHMOND State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal Cash Bank Reason for selling: Not Used Further information:  2 Vitavox 12inch drivers excellent condition. brilliant quality.

Photos:

PLEASE READ