Tivoli Hi-Fi

SOLD: FS: Trade in Focal 826W 30th Anniversary Floorstanding Speakers

Price: $2150
Item Condition: Excellent- Protective wrap still on! Local Collection only as we don't have the original boxes
Shipping Options: Pickup is available
Suburb or Town: Hawthorn East VIC 3123
State: Victoria
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on Pickup, Credit Card including AMEX with No Fees or Surcharges
Reason for selling: Trade In Item

Further information: 

Original RRP was $4995

Focal 826W 30th Anniversary speakers in glorious red finish, Sold originally by Tivoli Hi-Fi and are in excellent condition, we don't have packaging so local collection only.

See here for the Stereophile review of these lovelies https://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/focal_chorus_826w_30th_anniversary_edition_loudspeaker/index.html

These differed from the vanilla 826 by using the W Series cones giving a more dynamic and detailed sound.

Focal1.thumb.png.6f7faa8a438f9abc43507464f745dec6.pngFocal2.thumb.png.95749cf2251c545e50fd7f61b4c6c90b.png

I love focal. And this is a very good price.  

wow ... indeed and they literally look like new !  these are well worth having too with the acclaimed W cones upper model vocals use...

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Audionerd
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe East State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal Reason for selling: Selling for a friend who has upgraded Further information: This beautifully built combination is also available separately at (PM for Prices)

The REF500S is the newer of the pair and therefore priced higher, being a current model with RRP over $4K, but still cheaper than I've seen anywhere else. Ultra compact but very powerful, rated up to 250W RMS @ 8 ohms/400W RMS @ 4 ohms, with balanced and RCA inputs. The quality of Bel Canto is demonstrated by outstanding specifications such as S/N ratio of 125dB. The combination of the latest advanced components for the custom input stage such as Caddock resistors, ultra-low ESR decoupling capacitors, heavy gauge all-steel chassis for microphony reduction and low noise regulated power supplies together with a highly efficient output stage reveals all the subtle nuances of music with extraordinary impact and resolution. The elegant switching output stage eliminates thermal distortion mechanisms caused by changes in operating temperature while heavily regulated switch-mode power supplies generate little heat. This makes such a compact and powerful device possible, saving space as well as shortening the signal path.

The DAC was as expensive model with comprehensive features for its size, including inputs for AES, USB, Toslink and SPDIF with sockets for coax or BNC, plus balanced and RCA outputs. One of its most useful features is the ability to switch between fixed and variable output. When used with a preamp, fixed mode applies, but when purely digital sources are used it can drive a power amp directly with volume controlled by the variable output setting. Besides transferring more information via a direct signal path, this configuration saves the cost of a separate preamp with associated cables and results in an incredibly cost-effective, compact stack as in the photos below. In listening tests I've found this DAC to be particularly smooth, making it an ideal partner for the detailed and dynamic presentation of the REF500S. It comes with all original packaging, an easy-to-use remote and manual.
      Donation to SNA on sale.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By sakabatou
      Item Condition: As new, but "B stock" - see below Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Adelaide State: South Australia Payment Method: Bank transfer, Cash Reason for selling: NLR - dismantling study rig Further information: 
      These were purchased new from Denis White in Adelaide as "B-Stock" in July 2018
      Some of the 1st shipment of S40s had a cloudy spot in the clearcoat because they were bagged too early while the lacquer was incompletely dry.
      This pair's imperfection is only visible in bright daylight at a precise angle ( I tried to photograph this, but you really can't) and only if you know what you are looking for

Otherwise they are in as new condition. They have warranty until Jul 2026.
      They have lived in my study, grills on, never exposed to sun, driven rarely by my Luxman integrated (also for sale) for which they are a sublime match.
      Surprisingly they were also excellent with Devialet, especially as there is an S40 SAM profile.

I preferred these to the higher range Dynaudio standmounts as the tweeter sounds smoother to me, without appreciable loss of detail

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/dynaudio-special-40-speaker-review-are-they-really-that-special/
      https://www.stereophile.com/content/dynaudio-special-forty-loudspeaker

Stands not included in the price
      I have the original packaging

Photos: 

• By Sledge
      Item Condition: 9.5/10 (only as not new) Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: COD or DD Reason for selling: No longer used Further information: 

Selling what was the top of the line Toshiba HD-DVD Player on the market.  Is in pristine condition and has been tested and is working perfectly as one would expect from anything Toshiba made from this era.  

In addition to video, thanks to it HQ components it is a very high quality CD player.

Comes complete with remote , power cable and 16 HD-DVD titles.

Do not have original box, but if shipped will pack securely. 

Photos: 

• By CremonaM
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal, cash on pick up Reason for selling: NLR Further information: I have 2 X sets of Chord Indigo Tuned Aray interconnects for sale in 1m length and both are RCA to RCA connections. **(Price is each set)** RRP $2,800 each
      Well renowned for their detail, timing, wide sound stage and controlled powerful Bass, these interconnects are a huge leap forward from the Signature Tuned Aray I previously owned and only a very slim difference in performance from the Sarum Super Aray which I auditioned for 2 weeks but didn’t see the need to change to the Sarum as the Indigo were just as impressive in every way. I believe this is why the Indigo line has been discontinued as they are too similar to Sarum in performance. Near perfect condition ( I am very fussy with all of my equipment) Original boxes in excellent condition also. Highly recommended.

• By field
      Item Condition: Brand New Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Skye State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, EFT , Cash Reason for selling: Not required Further information: 
       2x matched pair ;
      6N8S and 6N1P-EV 

Free with SNA Donation 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.