Isoacoustics GAIA 1's on Focal Sopra 2's

An interesting thread as I have Sopra 2's partnered with Naim amplification. There's quite a lot of positive comments posted on the Naim forum about the Gaia feet.

Once I've upgraded my power supply for my pre amp this year, I think the Gaia's will be next on the list.

• 8 months later...
On 30/07/2020 at 3:22 PM, LozzaB said:

Well, I'm going to chip in here as a noobie on this thread - I have a pair of Focal Sopra 2's (coming from a background of Sonus Faber Amati's). I run in parallel with a pair of Martin Logan BalanceForce 210 subs - I like bass! The difference in slam and imaging throughout the spectrum, not just bass, with Gaias throughout (I's on the speakers sitting on dedicated solid sheaok plinths, II's on each of the subs) was significant!  Far less secondary floor propagation (I have a wooden floor so can feel that) as a result. Cleaned up the soundstage. Almost as much an improvement as introducing the Isotek Sigmas 6 and a dedicated Isotek Regen for the DAC an preamp to clean up the power supply. In short, they work! Prior to this I had my speakers sitting on Townshend seismic podiums. They seemed to reduce bass extension but were actually cleaning up the sound, but not to the same degree as the Gaias in my view.

Hi Lozza,

How did you find Sopra vs Amati? Which Amati did you have? All Amaties are very beautiful speakers, I suppose there must be something that you dont like thus changed to Sopra?

Cheers

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, als said:

Is that just a concrete base or something else? Did you make it yourself?

No, It's a Slate paver, 400 x 400 - not the prettiest but it's what I had - Hammer Barn has some nice Granite ones , but I can't be arsed moving my speakers again

1 hour ago, ICUToo said:

Is it worth putting Gaia's under my subs?

My main speakers roll off around 50Hz, and the room could do with some tighter bass...

My advice is yes - I have yet to read a bad report on the Gaia's

I'm sure online research will back this up

Here's some I just found on the 'bay

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/153377616791

• Thanks 1