Nstat

DSP Powered Speakers Amplifying Vinyl

Hi all,

I am interested to hear if anyone has come across a DSP based active speaker that truly does a vinyl analog signal justice.

I am not suggesting that I have an amazing set of ears but I can usually pick a lack of warmth and clinical objectivity from DSP filters especially those that are situated in active digital speakers. 

I really like  listening to digital music through a digital speaker but there seems to be loss when trying to experience vinyl.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Can anyone recommend a digital speaker that does vinyl justice?

thanks 

Posted (edited)

I'm all set to buy a pair of Kii Audio Threes once funds become available, although realistically  a minimum of 12 months away at this stage. They are truly transparent and as someone who spends far too much on vinyl, this is a deal breaker. With vinyl they pass with flying colours as many who have heard them would attest to.

The Kiis are not the only type of speaker to do this. 

Edited by Hydrology

@Nstat, I run active speakers, with a miniDSP providing the XOs plus  EQ for room correction.  I mostly listen to vinyl through this system - however, my amps are Class AB, not Class D (which many people believe are 'digital').  I certainly don't notice any 'loss', with vinyl!

Andy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By candyflip
      Item Condition: Sealed and NEW Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: latest finds Price and item conditions ...as specified below 
      Delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.
      Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once all sold (or near to), a donation to SNA of 5% of items total will follow.
              Any titles here get brand new inner and/or outer quality Blake sleeves as needed before shipping.
              I try and ship 3-4 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense for a full refund, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
             Original contents are stored inside the cover.
      I try to ship all records themselves outside the cover, so any postal damage is minimised.
             I use mostly s/hand pre-made cardboard mailers for all orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
             Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough) and is EXTRA (ie. not included in prices). 
            ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
      Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and it'll be fixed, in your favour. 

Please post in this thread  to reserve your item(s).

The Rat Pack – Live At The Sands – 2LP Limited reissue in gatefold - BRAND NEW & SEALED.
      2014 rmastered set, originally recorded live at The Sands Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada on September 7, 1963. Includes liner notes by Bill Zehme. Digitally remastered by Lee Herschberg. Pressed in the Netherlands and sounds fantastic.
      For those whose favourite part of the legendary Sinatra/Count Basie LIVE AT THE SANDS album was Frank's lengthy comedic monologue, THE RAT PACK: LIVE AT THE SANDS will arrive like manna from hipster's heaven. The disc features an entire performance by the storied "rat pack" of the Chairman and his musical pals Dean Martin and Sammy Davis, Jr., but most of the show is given over to shtick and banter. Fittingly, Sinatra gets the most straight-ahead musical time with a brace of sterling ballads whose appearance should delight hardcore fans. Fortunately, the humorous barbs passed around the stage for the bulk of the performance are extremely sharp and funny (if politically incorrect in the extreme). Taken as a comedy album with some stirring musical moments, this disc is a gem for those who revere the Rat Pack, as they are captured at the peak of their powers and popularity, exuding hipness from every pore. LIVE AT THE SANDS is a bona fide cultural artefact documenting one generation's apex of cool.    $35

Alan Parsons Project – I Robot – 2LP LEGACY 2013 release 35th Anniversary Edition - BRAND NEW & SEALED.
      MOV pressing in a gatefold sleeve. Including an 8 page booklet with rare photos & liner notes by Alan Parsons, and 14 bonus tracks on the second disc.
      Lovely double album package.    $45

Led Zeppelin - How The West Was Won (SUPER DELUXE EDITION) – 4LP, 3CD, DVD and Book – 2018 EU pressed Box Set. BRAND NEW & SEALED.
      'How The West Was Won' highlights the best performances from Led Zeppelin’s legendary concerts at the Los Angeles Forum and Long Beach Arena on June 25 and 27, 1972. Standouts include a 25-plus minute version of 'Dazed And Confused' and a 21-minute medley based around 'Whole Lotta Love'. The performances also capture the band introducing songs from its then-unreleased album 'Houses Of The Holy', which would be released nine months later. The Super Deluxe Boxed Set contains: Remastered audio on three CDs and four 180-gram vinyl LPs. DVD of the album in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround and PCM Stereo, plus photo gallery. High-def download card of all stereo audio content at 96kHz/24 bit. A 52 page book filled with rare and previously unpublished photos of the band at each of the concert locations, plus memorabilia and ephemera. High-quality print of the original album cover, the first 30,000 of which will be individually numbered.
      Goes for anywhere from $230-$245 online anywhere you care to check.   
      How's half that?      $125
      (ALL GONE)

My latest YouTube videos are centred around spinning the unusual, coloured, MOFI, Half Speeds, Aussie, rare and just plain interesting vinyl of classic rock tracks including Meat Loaf, Pink Floyd, TOOL and the Blade Runner OST - have a look!

Here's the newest one : YouTube
    • By Nope
      Thinking of adding Vinyl to my digital stereo listening. 

What will be the very best setup to step into 

Rega or ProJet or Music hall for the first turntable 

Cart?

Budget < 1000$ brand new
    • By soulsurvivor
      Price: $30 Item Condition: VG - NM Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Adelaide State: South Australia Payment Method: Paypal Reason for selling: No longer required Blues / Prog Vinyl LP Record Sale.
      1.Otis Spann - Otis Spann (Archive Of Folk Music, Everest Records Archive Of Folk & Jazz Music) LP, R VG+ C VG+ $25
      2.Sonny Rhodes - I Don't Want My Blues Colored Bright (LP, Album) Label:Advent (3) Cat#: 2808 R VG+ C VG+ $30
      3.Slim Harpo - Tip On In (LP, Album, RE)Label:Excello, ExcelloCat#: LP-8008-SO1, 8008 SO-1 R VG+ C VG+ $35
      4.Sleepy John Estes ‎– The Legend Of Sleepy John Estes Label: Delmark Records ‎– DS-603 LP, Album, Reissue, Stereo USA R NM C NM $40
      5.Eddie Shaw (2) - Movin' And Groovin' Man (LP)Label:Isabel RecordsCat#: 900.514 R NM C NM $25
      6.Fenton Robinson - I Hear Some Blues Downstairs (LP) Label:Alligator Records Cat#: AL 4710 R VG+ C VG+ $25
      7.Rory Gallagher - Against The Grain (LP, Album) Label:Chrysalis, Chrysalis Cat#: L 35712, (CHR 1098) C VG+ R VG+ $30
      8.Supertramp - Breakfast In America (LP, Album) Label:A&M Records, A&M Records Cat#: L 36715, SP-3708 Australia R VG+ C VG+ $25
      9.Supertramp - Crime Of The Century (LP, Album) Label:A&M Records, A&M Records Cat#: L 35426, SP 3647 Australia R VG+ C VG $20
      10.King Crimson - Lizard (LP, Album) Label:Philips Cat#: PDS 356 1970 Australia R VG GFC VG $40
      11.Emerson, Lake & Palmer Label: Manticore ‎– K 43503 Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue UK 1973 R NM C NM $35
      12.Emerson, Lake & Palmer ‎– Tarkus Label: Atlantic ‎– SD 9900 Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, gatefold Australia 1971 R VG+ GFC VG+ $20
      13.Deep Purple ‎– Fireball Harvest ‎– SHVL-793 LP, Album, Gatefold Australia 1971 R VG+ C VG $30
      14. Boston ‎– Third Stage MCA Records ‎– 6188-1 LP, Album, Gatefold Australia 1986 R VG+ C VG+ $25
      15. Bob Seger - Greatest Hits 2 LP Gatefold Capitol 1995 UK  8 30334 1 R 1 VG+ R 2 VG+ GFC VG+ $75
      16. Cream - Live Cream Volume II (LP, Album) Australia R NM C VG+ $25
      17. Free ‎– Free & Easy, Rough & Ready Island Records ‎– 28 243 ET LP Germany (Compilation) R NM C NM $30
      18. Rolling Stones ‎– Black And Blue Rolling Stones Records ‎– ESS-63005 LP, Album, Reissue, Gatefold Japan 1979 With OBI & Innersleeve & Lyric Sheet R NM GFC NM INS NM $45 SOLD
      19. Rolling Stones ‎– Sticky Fingers Rolling Stones Records ‎– C*C 59100 LP Australia Original Pressing. (No Zipper) R NM C VG+ Innersleeve VG+ $45 SOLD
      20.The Jimi Hendrix Experience -Axis Bold As Love - MONO Classic Records, Inc. ‎– 612 003 180gm LP R VG+ (light marks don't affect play) (Superb sound!) GFC NM INS VG+ $60

Buyer Information:
      I use Discogs Grading Guidelines to determine the condition of a record. Gradings are Record first and then Cover. (GFC = Gatefold Cover).
      Payment by Paypal only. All prices are in Australian dollars. No pickups sorry. Delivery is by Australia Post.
      If you are interested in any of these records please note either SOLD or NIL as a comment in this post. I will then send you a PM to confirm. Please note that these records may be listed on other sites so please wait for a comment from me to confirm your purchase.
      Records are not considered sold until payment is received.
      Payment must be concluded within 48 hours or the option to purchase will be passed on to the next buyer in line or put back up for sale.
      All vinyl listed is from my own record collection and play well with any issues noted in the description. 
      Your total cost including postage to your destination will be sent via private message. I only ship to your registered Paypal address so please make sure this is correct before payment.

Photos:  Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Soul Superfly
      Price: $1999 Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Medowie State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on collection, Bank Transfer, Paypal Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements. Stuck at home? Buy this, set it up and enjoy while you are incaserated. 

REDUCED to SELL

I have tried to get back into vinyl after many years away and its just not working for me, I bought this from a fellow SNA'er and all of the accesory items pictured (acessories are all under 1 year old) I  hope someone wants this beatiful turntable. It is a bargain I can demo this in Medowie (Yes I have moved) The Silver Mk2 tone arm is fitted with a Garrott P77i cartridge which has literally only played about a dozen albums once, I dont have any more albums !!! . The Graham Slee Special Edition Gram Amp 2 is also new.

What will i get ?

Everything Listed Below. . . . . . .

1. Origin Turntable https://www.originlive.com/hi-fi/turntable-record-player/turntable-aurora/aurora-turntable-reviews/aurora-turntable-review-st/
      2. Origin Live Silver 250 Mk II tonearm fitted https://www.originlive.com/hi-fi/tonearm/high-performance-tonearm-silver/silver-tonearm-reviews/silver-mk2-tonearm-review-stereo-times/
      3. NEW Garrott P77i Cartridge http://www.decibelhifi.com.au/garrott-p77i-with-microscanner-ii-stylus/
      4. NEW Origin Live Turntable Mat  https://www.originlive.com/hi-fi/turntable-upgrades-modification/turntable-platter-mat-best/
      5. NEW KAB Speed Strobe http://www.decibelhifi.com.au/kab-speedstrobe/
      6. NEW Graham Slee Special Edition Gram Amp 2 https://www.analogueseduction.net/phono-stages-phono-boards/graham-slee-gram-amp-2-se-phono-stage.html
      7.  NEW Qty 2 spirit Levels
      8. NEW Lofgren Cartridge Alignment Tool http://turntablebasics.com/align.html
      9. NEW Scales for setting stylus force
      10. Turntable instructions. Any other instruction books that came with the numerous items.
      11. NEW Record Clamp.
      12. Turntable Perspex Cover.
      13. Seperate motor and drive belt with standard power supply (can be upgraded)
      14. Origin Oil for turntable spindle.
      15. Sheer Musical Pleasure

A TOTAL BARGAIN 

I will ship at your expense, items will be exceptionally well packed for their safety.

• By MixedBag
      Price: $25 Item Condition: Varies Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Beaumaris State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal or bank transfer (preferred) Reason for selling: Thinning Further information: 

Paris - $50
      Still sealed first US edition

Silver Bullet - $25
      First UK edition
      Vinyl VG
      Sleeve EX

DJ Premier - $35
      Vinyl VG+
      Sleeve VG

Jungle Brothers - $25
      Vinyl VG+/EX
      Sleeve VG+

Del THA fUNKEé hOMOSAPiEN - $40
      I wish my brother George was here
      Vinyl NM
      Sleeve EX (Corner crease)

Del THA fUNKEé hOMOSAPiEN - $40
      No need for alarm
      Vinyl NM

Prince Paul - $40
      Vinyl NM

Masta Ace - $60
      Vinyl NM
      Sleeve NM

Post with Australia Post only in afraid.
      1LP = $10
      2LP’s = $15
      3 or more LP’s = $20

Once all sold a donation will be made here.

Thanks

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.