Vintage HiFi

Stop posting ebay links!!!

Now it's on my watch list!

I have the AU-20000's 'baby' brother (if you could call it that). They are an excellent Amp, smooth, fast and detailed. Lots of balls when you need it.

It will go over $1500 but how far over I don't know

A visit to their ship is a decent way of seeing a lot of vintage eye-candy in the one place. However, their prices are high.

Quite a few of my recent Sansui ebay sales have ended up there, with a sizeable mark-up in the price eg. http://www.classic-hifi.net/product.php?id=971

They are not listing prices on their website any longer - I'd love to know exactly what price they have put on my old EQ!

Edited by pete_mac

Fair enough though, if they are buying at auction (eBay) then selling in a shop its not much different to a car dealer is it?

Yes, and we all know the reputation that used car salesman have.

.............ruh-roh.

A visit to their ship is a decent way of seeing a lot of vintage eye-candy in the one place. However, their prices are high.

Quite a few of my recent Sansui ebay sales have ended up there, with a sizeable mark-up in the price eg. http://www.classic-hifi.net/product.php?id=971

They are not listing prices on their website any longer - I'd love to know exactly what price they have put on my old EQ!

They don't respond to my emails any longer. :nana A few months ago I sent them an email in regards to the listing description of a Luxman turntable they had listed. They wanted biiiiig money, described it as Luxmans flagship turntable, and generally told lots of porkies and didn't like hearing some home truths about the spin they put on their description.

I have no problem with retailers asking whatever they want, but do need accuracy and no bullshit.

Chris

I would be nice in my colletion. I also have au11000 and number vintage sansui .

2 x sansui ca2000

2x sansui ca3000

sansui 9090db

sansui c2015

sansui b2301

g22000.

sansui tube monobloc yes tube monobloc year 1957 i think

and au9500 and tu9500 on the way

I have the AU-20000's 'baby' brother (if you could call it that). They are an excellent Amp, smooth, fast and detailed. Lots of balls when you need it.

I would be nice in my colletion. I also have au11000 and number vintage sansui .

2 x sansui ca2000

2x sansui ca3000

Very nice!!

You've done well to score a pair of CA2000s and BA3000s. They are a very nice pre/main combo!

For those who might be interested in Luxman vintage gear, I recently worked on a very nice L100, 110W per channel and the biggest power supply caps I have seen in an amp of this size.....

L100front.jpg

L100front2.jpg

L100top.jpg

6 output transistors per channel

L100output.jpg

L100output2.jpg

And those caps - 15,000 uf 80V ..... and TO3 transistor sitting on top for a comparison

L100PSUcaps.jpg

Needless to say it sounded as good as it looks!!!!!

There is a great write up here if anyone wants to know more....

http://www.eins83.de/ebay/shop/05.02.2008/Beschreibung%20L%20100%20-%20Luxman.pdf

Cheers

John

Edited by skippy124
  • Like 2

Wow!

They'd be expensive to replace!

What transistors are they running?

Each channel has a 2SC1079/2SA679 pair running in class A (if I am reading the circuit right), and two sets of 2SD278B/2SB539B running in class B. All of these are 100W transistors. None of these are readily available, but there are suitable "modern" replacements.

About $536.11 over.......

And the caps?

100,000 uF?

They aer only 15,000 uf 80 volt, but they apparently were especially made for Luxman and would be impossible to get hold of these days in a matching size (I bet they were very low ESR and had very large ripple current capability).

I have a pair of McIntosh power amps MC50 circa 30 years old. That's great via Ebay but there are no manuals - instruction and service manual.

There are scanned versions available (courtesy of a website community forum) but I purchased oroiginals to make it a complete purchase.

Thanks to McIntosh fanatics...

Could not help myself! It's a nice amp. Goes with the 11000.

Martin.

nice score Martin, I was tempted but used all my strength to resist. Let us know how it sounds.

It appears the VU backlights are not stock however I believe Skippy has sourced a replacement that matches OEM.

Pete/ Martin, here's a MA-7 monitor with rack handles. These rarely come up for sale and look great in an AU series stack. Can be configured to display Amp power output and/or monitor signal output. Can also be used as a standalone headphone Amp.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Sansui-MA-7-Monitor-Consolette-/180668427758?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2a10ad6dee

lebowski leboowski tut tut.......

reading this i ve just remembered it was I who introduced u to your first sansui gear tu 417< my only piece!

get a grip man