The Fez

Vintage HiFi

Bumpity bump.

Sorry no photos yet, but I have aquired a Onkyo Integra M5060R :)

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/onkyo/m-5060r.shtml

I spent the day with this old girl being feed direct from an AudioGD dac, and I have to say, impressive.

Doesnt have a bottomless reserve of grunt, maybe its only as deep as the Marianas Trench though....

Those big VU meters are a visual delight especially when the amp is front and centre in the room.

She needs a little restoration on the case but still sounds amazing for a 35 year old amp that hasnt seen a tech.

Anyone else heard this model ? Thoughts ?

37 minutes ago, huxmut said:

Bumpity bump.

Sorry no photos yet, but I have aquired a Onkyo Integra M5060R :)

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/onkyo/m-5060r.shtml

I spent the day with this old girl being feed direct from an AudioGD dac, and I have to say, impressive.

Doesnt have a bottomless reserve of grunt, maybe its only as deep as the Marianas Trench though....

Those big VU meters are a visual delight especially when the amp is front and centre in the room.

She needs a little restoration on the case but still sounds amazing for a 35 year old amp that hasnt seen a tech.

Anyone else heard this model ? Thoughts ?

I haven't heard it, but looking forward to some pics, nudies of course :blush:

Arrrr yes. Lids have been lifted. Be fore warned, she's a 80s lady, so things arent as trim as todays standards. Still a looker though :) I'll try to snap some glamour shots tomorrow

And some temperature measurements. This ones got hot blood.

On 28/07/2016 at 6:23 PM, aasza said:

==Random Pic==

1988 Technics SB-AFP1000

1406431010-3.jpg

"The SB-AFP1000 used a unique twin-cabinet system with both sealed sections and open sections present at the same time in one cabinet. The speaker included eight 30-cm x 80-cm flat units for the low frequencies and four 13-cm x 32-cm flat units for the lower mid-range frequencies.

In particular, the diaphragm area for the low frequencies was equivalent to a cone woofer with a diameter of 152 cm, and at 124 dB the speaker attained amplitude of 1.27 mm (at 50 Hz). This enabled bass reproduction with low distortion.

Characteristic of the AFP was that the bass was emitted in flat waves, and so the system was resistant to adverse effects such as due to indoor refection, and attenuation due to distance was extremely low. As a result, powerful, deep bass extended to the far corners of the space, and the listener was able to feel the subtle air fluctuations with his entire body. The cabinet was given a black-coating mirror finish."

Hello everybody, I am very hard looking for this AFP1000. Do you know from where this picture? may be you know owners details. In case you know please help and give me info to alex@audio.museum

Inspired by this new item in the Classies: 

Here's my little baby brother.... (NOT for sale!) - the Pioneer SX 3700

Pioneer 3700 facia front 02.jpg

Pioneer 3700 top down 01.jpg

Pioneer SX3700 facia front 01.jpg

Posted (edited)

Aloha

2x Elekit TU-898/300B Ltd.

McIntosh MX-110 + JBLs sounds good

Cheers 🍻

IMG_20190410_224028.jpg

with Kenwood KA-7002 sounds better in my ears 🍻

IMG_20190413_173840.jpg

Edited by Shanghai Wally

Currently in rotation...The power amp on the right.....those interested watch the classifieds....;)

DSC_0281.JPG

Posted (edited)

Gday Guys, I haven’t posted here in years. Over the last few days I read every page of this huge thread. I have a few bits of gear, nothing too special. I like the Sansui 4900 and JBL TLX8 Speakers in particularly. One of the Sansuis are between table legs lying this way as a centre channel for HT system and the JBL’s are alternate B’s for when I want more bass & less fatiguing music.

The Sansui Amp worked up until December but now keeps blowing fuses. Bottom left JVC and Marantz amps only play 1 channel and no radio. Id like to keep the 2226 going cuz its kinda pretty  :) 

Oh and the Sony 1250 Speakers have great cabinets but 2 drivers are missing Magnets, and don’t know what to do with them really

Classic-Hi-Fi.jpg

Edited by Powerslave

Probably should have looked here first :), as I created my own post! 

I think circa 85, I just aquired this great MSB Silver. I’m hoping MSB Technologies can send me all all the specs, but it is a very heavily modded Magnavox, based on the Phillips 852. 

Brought from a great friend/dealer I was fortunate to have it come into my hands. 

Paired with my Marantz and Canton SLs, it sounds amazing! The old stuff still literally rocks! 

AC4F4AF5-13B9-4C1B-8FB1-29F983F23F60.jpeg

...Currently "in rotation" -- ;)

jm-s7-1.jpg

...Currently "in rotation" -- 

jm-s7-1.jpg.8737a4d4ed85ce48189f96bba628fb60.jpg
Mmmmm JVC-FET!

Since it's winter - just some random shots of my heater running in class A.

Screenshot_20190622-100610.jpeg.63dfe043b85b1f171f6069d0515ccf2c.jpegIMAG0820_1.jpeg.cb6819ce34770cc19de595d34aabdf2b.jpegScreenshot_20190622-095954.jpeg.301444eff5d5517bedcae3aeb4754418.jpeg

have just finished hood to hold fan to keep this girl cool/heat room,

old MissionCambridge 778 50wpc mosfet outputs, you can fry an egg without the fan on, full sounding amp, unlike the next generation which was the original Cyrus, piece of history!

15611851691481227093758.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 21/06/2019 at 9:34 PM, Grizzly said:
On 21/06/2019 at 8:51 PM, The Fez said:
...Currently "in rotation" -- emoji6.png

jm-s7-1.jpg.8737a4d4ed85ce48189f96bba628fb60.jpg

Mmmmm JVC-FET!

I tell you what I haven't had this one in rotation for some time. -- What an amplifier she is.

Forgot how much authority it has, particularly in the "bottom end".  Very very good this amp -- The NEC power Vfets, two pair per channel in this beast, have real grunt... The build on this piece of audio, from 1975, she's 44 years of age. is extraordinary -- Appears to be carved out of a single piece of krell metal!!  

IMG_0161.jpg

Edited by The Fez

Thorens TD 160

yamaha CA 810

yamaha CT 800

The bottom shelf is for storing my old Pro-ject that I hope someday someone will buy it 😀

BC1DCA4A-360E-4535-A935-2360F02B5FE6.jpeg