Vintage HiFi

He started at 10K now he's down to 5,8K. Still too pricey imo. These are rare but worth between 2 - 3K.

Very nice speakers though.

Thanks you saved me a possible 5.8k purchase. I have 3 of the Kef "similar styled" speakers to these IMF's lying around in the attic are they worth much value these days?

@@agius42 Please tell us more about your gear.

Some nice models there..

All gear was given to me by mates dad as he could not get it to work anymore so I stripped down the Dual 1229 turntable cleaned it put it ll back together and shazam turntabe now works also had to deoxidise the rear connections on the Amp and preamp rewire the speakers and that's about it all came with original manuals to :)

• Like 1

All gear was given to me by mates dad as he could not get it to work anymore so I stripped down the Dual 1229 turntable cleaned it put it ll back together and shazam turntabe now works also had to deoxidise the rear connections on the Amp and preamp rewire the speakers and that's about it all came with original manuals to :)

that's what its all about! May have been headed to the tip and little TLC brought some nice gear back to life

• Like 2

Great thread, I love vintage HiFi and have a collection of gear, I'm addicted to the beautiful warm sound I get out of this gear and am always on the hunt for gear that people don't want anymore, I've even found some classic stuff on road side clean up days.

• Like 4

=== random pic ===

Denon PRA-2000ZR Preamplifier

attachicon.gifdenon.jpg

Awesome pre's from this line. I had the PRA2000Z, very nice indeed. Had to sell it unfortunately to get my Luxman tube pre. The wood case is luxury for sure. I was happy with the sound also. Phono stage was just fantastic with lots of options. 

• Like 2

Yes - I may still get one to match my Denon POA-3000ZR power amplifier...These preamps can command more yen than the power amp too...I think the "ZR" series is reasonably rare or certainly appears less often than the original POA/PRA and the "Z"..

post-113548-0-23267100-1457839764_thumb.

• Like 2

If you restore that one you have a buyer. Me.

The unit was fully functional, but just to be on the safe side did a "quick" recommended refresh (the bad diodes were changed, lower bias adjustment and some other recommended updates were already made) 

The pre on this Sony is really nice indeed. Added bonus multi voltage switch on the back :) 

Also discovered that you can run the phono stage out directly from the headphone output, so this one is a keeper..

:sorry:

The unit was fully functional, but just to be on the safe side did a "quick" recommended refresh (the bad diodes were changed, lower bias adjustment and some other recommended updates were already made) 

The pre on this Sony is really nice indeed. Added bonus multi voltage switch on the back :)

Also discovered that you can run the phono stage out directly from the headphone output, so this one is a keeper..

:sorry:

Can look for another one though!

• Like 1

Yes - I may still get one to match my Denon POA-3000ZR power amplifier...These preamps can command more yen than the power amp too...I think the "ZR" series is reasonably rare or certainly appears less often than the original POA/PRA and the "Z"..

attachicon.gifIMG_0308.jpg

Don't think that was much of difference between the Z and ZR beside the balanced out. But the Z sold better thats why not so rare.