Vintage HiFi

Ha! - I'm actually listening to a Technics amp ATM. She needs about an hour to warm up the beast. But once she's nice and warm -- I can literally feel the output devices talking to me>> :unsure:​   :wacko: -- Big bipolar beast == 

Guest jakeyb77

I wonder what most folks here do with old tired volume pots on vintage electronics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just had a new Alps pot put in my Melody tube..

I wonder what most folks here do with old tired volume pots on vintage electronics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some repair for them because there are some old dual concentric pots of high resistance (250k+) that are unobtainable nowadays used in some amplifiers (like some of my vintage Stax amplifiers).

• Like 1

Most thank Steve @@The Fez  for an afternoon of V-Fet amp comparison ....certainly get His "V Fet fettish" now..... ;)

Although each amp was a short but very sweet comparison I concluded there were just as many similarities as well as differences which came as a nice but real surprise....just goes to show that equipment is best tested in your own

environment as I have listened to amps before with minimal differences......All the amps had a very "fruity" character with the Sony having the "Meatiest" and the Sansui "laidback" but very listenable ....

We ended up having a quick listen to His big Technics which was a completely different....little "fruitfulness" here but lots of grunt...... :)

Nice to meet Greg @@Hensa  briefly.....

post-109454-0-67034900-1469324953_thumb.

Cheers Tase.

Edited by Tasebass

Guest jakeyb77

Most thank Steve @@The Fez  for an afternoon of V-Fet amp comparison ....certainly get His "V Fet fettish" now..... ;)

Although each amp was a short but very sweet comparison I concluded there were just as many similarities as well as differences which came as a nice but real surprise....just goes to show that equipment is best tested in your own

environment as I have listened to amps before with minimal differences......All the amps had a very "fruity" character with the Sony having the "Meatiest" and the Sansui "laidback" but very listenable ....

We ended up having a quick listen to His big Technics which was a completely different....little "fruitfulness" here but lots of grunt...... :)

Nice to meet Greg @@Hensa  briefly.....

attachicon.gifIMG_2908.JPG

And the B-3????

Cheers Tase.

he, he -- we had The Police cranking -- 

The little Sansui - and I mean little -- usually BLOWS people away....

attachicon.gifDSC_1091.JPG

Yeah should be more specific with the Sansui  as it did a great job of making the speakers disappear so to speak with great image depth as I noted to Steve...

What/Who was that Jazz track with Father and Son playing??.......That was great too...!! :thumb:

Cheers Tase.

Yeah should be more specific with the Sansui  as it did a great job of making the speakers disappear so to speak with great image depth as I noted to Steve...

What/Who was that Jazz track with Father and Son playing??.......That was great too...!! :thumb:

Cheers Tase.

post-113548-0-36019400-1469344155_thumb.

Larry's son Travis is the bass player...The song opens the set - "Burnable"..

Edited by The Fez
  • Like 1