Vintage HiFi

I'm dead keen on a clean Alpha 607 or 707 NRA or MRX. The 907 NRAs are too rich for my blood at the moment!

Bump for this old post... an Alpha 607 MRX is now part of the skippy124 collection! Another box ticked! Pretty amazing how things just pop up out of nowhere. It makes you wonder how much interesting gear is out there waiting to be discovered/purchased...

Edited by pete_mac
  • Like 3

As the @@The Fez would say random pic time.....

post-109454-0-27835900-1459230746_thumb.post-109454-0-93145900-1459230759_thumb.post-109454-0-48910900-1459230769_thumb.

The RA 1312 needs a look at regarding the phono section already spoken to Skippy124... :thumb:

These vintage amps have great Headphone sections too IMO.....My AKG K702's sound really good through this amp!!!

Super vintage headphone set up!! :P

Cheers Tase.

Edited by Tasebass
  • Like 8

Makes me laugh always when I read what Yamaha put on the front panel of the B-1......."stereo basic amplifier" --- printed on one of, if not the most complex power amplifier ever produced.

Yep, nothing Basic about it :-)

The 1 I think means when the amp is without the UC controller

This way only 1 pair of speakers can be connected

UC-1 allows for 5 pairs of speakers to be connected, a bit overkill, but a nice feature if you have the space to have 2 or 3 pairs I your lounge room.

I am doing a complete resto on this one. Multiple faults so far, but thank good the outputs were OK😅

B-1 does have the top shelf on the V-fet stablepost-136464-0-96671300-1459560376_thumb.

• Like 2

PHVvuAY.jpg

Just picked these up: Uher VG 850 integrated amp + EG 750 tuner

I think my ears are blocked at the moment, but the amp definitely sounds... different. It might be those speakers, I think there's a reason I don't usually listen to these.

Hopefully when my ears clear up I won't regret purchasing them

• Like 4

Just picked these up: Uher VG 850 integrated amp + EG 750 tuner

I think my ears are blocked at the moment, but the amp definitely sounds... different. It might be those speakers, I think there's a reason I don't usually listen to these.

Hopefully when my ears clear up I won't regret purchasing them

really nice -- I love the image of the smart phone streaming digital music to the vintage - sitting on the TT...40 years of the evolution of audio reproduction and enjoyment right there... :)

Nope. I was wrong. I thought it was the top from a Yamaha Centennial MX10000.

But I've just had a google, and its not that.

I know Ive seen it before though ......

It's not Yamaha......

edit --- I wouldn't say no to a MX-10000 btw.... :love  -- who would..

Edited by The Fez