SOLD: FS: Dynaudio Focus 160 [RELIST]

SOLD
Price: $1000
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Altona
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Paypal / Cash / Transfer
Reason for selling:

Further information: 
 Found out that there's a crease on the tweeter. So I'm now listing the speakers for $1000.

20200223_101138.thumb.jpg.e2d3af5ae3f730b15e1648de22545f04.jpg.b2217404eb0417afceb0c171431ffa0b.jpg
Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

20200222_143503.thumb.jpg.0fc075dc3131ca7dd54cc971385b0ed7.jpg

Edited by waikis

1 hour ago, Spider27 said:

Possible to have a demo? And, how much power does this need to sing at minimum?

Here's a good read:

I've sold my amp unfortunately, so can't do a demo.

You can bring your amp if you want.

2 hours ago, Spider27 said:

Possible to have a demo? And, how much power does this need to sing at minimum?

The 160s are a 4 ohm speaker and need lots of power to really make them sing. And preferably something on the warmer side of neutral. I had mine running with a Redgum 160/304 wpc with Redgum’s famed mid range warmth and great bottom end they were fabulous. But with other much more expensive but transparent amps they can be a touch too detailed for me although some may like that sound. And don’t even think about a receiver. I tried mine through my Marantz receiver and it was just rubbish. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Boratri said:

The 160s are a 4 ohm speaker and need lots of power to really make them sing. And preferably something on the warmer side of neutral. I had mine running with a Redgum 160/304 wpc with Redgum’s famed mid range warmth and great bottom end they were fabulous. But with other much more expensive but transparent amps they can be a touch too detailed for me although some may like that sound. And don’t even think about a receiver. I tried mine through my Marantz receiver and it was just rubbish. 

$1000 Speakers + 2k - 3k Amp will do the Job??

Edited by Zodiac-12

I run mine with a Parasound P5/A23 combo, which I think is 125 into 8 and 225w into 4 ohm. I have a large-ish room at 7 x 7.5m, and I've never felt like I've lacked power or heard the amp straining. 

Per the thread from 2013, the Focus line are talented speakers that just keep rewarding better upstream electronics as you head up the money-tree scale. I once ran them with an old Rotel home theatre amp. As I've improved the amp/pre/dac/source, they just keep getting better and better.