Hello Audiophiles,

Just thought I'd say g'day and introduce myself. I'm an early 30's business owner that has now fallen in love with coming back home after a long day at work and listening to some vinyl. I've been growing my vinyl collection for about 8 years and am now slowly upgrading different aspects of my set up as I spend more and more time on this amazing site. Currently listening to Billy Joel, Muddy Waters and Lee Oskar on high rotation.

Looking forward to learning much more!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Welcome Itscoffeetime 

Always  good to see another member from Brissy 

And welcome to the dark side with your newly found love of vinyl.

Lots to learn in the forums here 

And lots of vinyl to buy if you like 

Cheers 

Bill 

On 14/03/2020 at 7:34 PM, Itscoffeetime said:

I've been growing my vinyl collection for about 8 years

Welcome to the addiction. 

I started my collection in the 60s and it now fills a room and includes 45s and 78s as well as 33 rpm LPs.  I used to come home from work and enjoy it, but have now retired, and it is a great advantage having such a wonderful way to enjoy music whenever I feel like it.

• Like 2

On 16/03/2020 at 2:33 PM, Redder said:

Hi Abhi, I am a new member also albeit from Marysville Vic. Have both dark habits of yours Vinyl & COFFEE.

Well now I know your preferred audio source... Equally as important to me is the next question. What is your brewing method of choice?

8 hours ago, aussievintage said:

Welcome to the addiction. 

I started my collection in the 60s and it now fills a room and includes 45s and 78s as well as 33 rpm LPs.  I used to come home from work and enjoy it, but have now retired, and it is a great advantage having such a wonderful way to enjoy music whenever I feel like it.

Thank you. I can imagine my life becoming that way over the next 30 years (hopefully!) retiring to a nice collection and some toys would be a beautiful thing after years of hard work. 

On 17/03/2020 at 6:19 PM, Itscoffeetime said:

Well now I know your preferred audio source... Equally as important to me is the next question. What is your brewing method of choice?

Quick coffees are the new Nespresso but serious coffee is a Gaggia Classic black of course

• Like 1

Welcome @Itscoffeetime.

A welcome breath of fresh air to greet someone who's here for the music/enjoyment and not just to shed unwanted equipment.

Please freely post in the My System Today thread with pics of your rig and recordings.

• Thanks 1

On 19/03/2020 at 9:36 AM, Redder said:

Quick coffees are the new Nespresso but serious coffee is a Gaggia Classic black of course

The Gaggia classic is great. I don't have a home espresso machine at the moment. Although with all this extra time at home at the moment I have really been enjoying putting on a record while I brew some V60 pour over. My speakers face my kitchen - my favourite place in my apartment!

23 hours ago, Uncle Seth said:

Welcome @Itscoffeetime.

A welcome breath of fresh air to greet someone who's here for the music/enjoyment and not just to shed unwanted equipment.

Please freely post in the My System Today thread with pics of your rig and recordings.

Unfortunately for my wallet and my girlfriend my tendency is buying equipment. So nice seeing how active and passionate the classified format is in this forum. Wish I knew how good audio could be sooner!

My system is quite frugal and incomplete at the moment but I will make sure to post it up soon!  Need a TT upgrade asap. Only using a project essential with limitations of a cartridge upgrade which is a bummer but I am looking forward to picking up something used in the forum eventually!