Sign in to follow this  
daro

FS: Creek OBH-21SE Special Edition Headphone Amplifier

Posted (edited)
Price: $275
Item Condition: Great condition, a couple of tiny nicks around the Creek logo
Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact
Suburb or Town: Sydney, Lindfield 2070
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information: 

I have for sale my Creek OBH-21 SE headphone amp. This is the SE - special edition. 

I bought it brand new about 10 years ago, and used lightly as I don't listen to headphones too often. The amp is in great condition. It has a couple of tiny nicks, the biggest one is on the Creek logo (see photos).

It comes from a smoke, pet and kid-free home.

The amp can drive two pairs of low to medium impedance headphones at the same time. I used various headphones over the years, including AKG K702, Sennheiser HD-650 and Hifiman HE-400i. All sounded great with it. I switched to Stax a couple of years ago, which came with its own amp, and the Creek hasn't been getting any use. So the sale.

The amp comes with its original box and the OBH Uni power adapter. The adapter has swappable power plugs, but I only have the UK one.

I'm happy to post to anywhere in Australia an extra for $25. Pickup and audition available in Lindfield NSW 2070.

Photos:

1.jpg.6438911507ceb5befbcd43227d2aa0ba.jpg

2.jpg.8027b0445a8aab403c42e68f74ccb9d9.jpg

3.jpg.a28be7c40096e26dad8eecc5778ba61d.jpg

4.jpg.65b98feb2858fe0319cec2b8a5e2249b.jpg

5.jpg.dc29a4a2f52b0d3e7dc3b75f2b7870cb.jpg

6.jpg.f37a40d63b945819f9a116b872510592.jpg

7.jpg.19236b1ebcbdaa811ae807b02d27bdcc.jpg

8.jpg.5d3fe3d2c65829cc4b25701558ffa921.jpg

9.jpg.35546a1ee787a910cb524ff32076cd6d.jpg

10.jpg.21c12ae30310e57bb93cad439c42ce28.jpg

11.jpg.86c729276e792f3e9a4b6a8d23b6ee3e.jpg

Edited by daro

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zxSwifty
      Item Condition: Great Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Perth State: Western Australia Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash Reason for selling: No longer needed Further information: I just got some Stellias so I am down sizing my headphone collection and letting these awesome pair of headphones go. They are in very good condition. Retail price is $599. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By 7502dan
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Wantirna 3152 State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash,PayPal Reason for selling: Nlr Further information: 
       Set of surround speakers including Kef reference centre channel bywireable (very good sounding i compared it with many other speakers)and a set of four Kef satellite speaker(uniQ design same.as the centre channel)that.can be positioned horisontal vertical or even on the wall.Some.scraches and marks on all of them but working fine.Pick up prefered but i can pack and send at buyers risk and expense.

• By 7502dan
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Wantirna 3152 State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash,PayPal Reason for selling: Nlr Further information: 
       Good working condition,one of the early seven channel amps (it has 5 channels plus front ambience)plus you can connect two centre chanels or a bywired one and provision for two subwoofers, pre in main out and phonostage. Some scratches and marks on the wood trims but generally presentable. I don't have the original remote but i will supply a Logitech remote programmed for the Yamaha amp.No box or manual and the amp is approximately kg30 so would prefer pickup. I can pack and send at buyers risk and expense.This amp sounds very good and you can find many glowing reviews on the net.See my other ad for ser of Kef surround speakers 

• By bb6152
      Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Salter Point, Perth State: Western Australia Payment Method: EFT or Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No longer required Further information:
      PRICE DROP
      I acquired this PWD fairly recently, privately in WA, as a Mark 1 version and have since upgraded it to a Mark 2.
      I am guessing that anyone interested in this unit will already know all about the PS Audio PerfectWave DAC.
      Furthermore, this unit can also be upgraded/converted into a PerfectStream configuration.
      Since upgrading, I have had it working flawlessly through the Bridge Mark 1, via ethernet, streaming from my Mini Mac server, using JRiver app. 
      I was very happy with the result and am only selling because I have (unexpectedly) just upgraded to very high end CD player, which has an equally high end, externally accessible DAC.
      I do also have the remote control.
      As per the pics, external appearance is very good, with no blemishes that I can see. So, fortunately or unfortunately, PWD no longer required., as I can now stream through the CD player DAC, thus simplifying the whole system..

• By HiFi Collector Adelaide
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Carey Gully State: South Australia Payment Method: Credit Card, PayPal, EFT, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Retailer  
      Price is without tonearm. Add $1000 for New Zealand made Design Build Listen - The Wand Plus 12" silver carbon fibre unipivot tonearm 
      Contact us for a shipping quote (it ships in its original wooden crate)

Extra Info: 
      A massive machine that gets the best out of your vinyl. Separate Sub Chassis and a mass loaded turntable gives us the best of both worlds.

The design of the E.A.T. Forte turntable is based on a combination of two basic principles:
      Separate Sub Chassis and a mass loaded turntable This gives us the best of both worlds. The chassis of the table is very heavy and mass-loaded using metal-fi lled sand. The feet are magnetic and act as a sub chassis to support the table.
      Platter
      The platter consists of two parts. The first part uses a soft alloy, the second part, a harder one. This reduces energy flow. The first part also incorporates the neodymium magnets. The platter weighs more than 20 kg (44 lbs). The diameter of the platter is 400 mm (15.75 1/2) (not the usual 300 mm [11.8 1/2]). Kinetic energy stored in such big platter turning at 33 RPM is an incredible 2460 Joules! This means that with the same weight you gain more moving mass on the platter. The platter also incorporates sorbothane damping to make it resonance free.
      Vinyl matt
      The vinyl matt is made from recycled vinyl records crating a perfect interface for the record. A clamp holds the record on the vinyl matt.
      Bearing construction
      The bearing is not standard but inverted with an oversized polished shaft. A ceramic ball is used on the top because it is very hard and inert. This, in combination with a Teflon plate as a bearing mirror, is also a good damping device. Teflon's accurate satin surface produces perfectly smooth movement without any rumble. The platter has a magnetic suspension using neodymium magnets. By increasing the distance from the bearing to the cartridge, the small neodymium magnets eliminate magnetic infl uence on the cartridge. Due to the magnets we can still move a large mass allowing the bearing to see virtually no pressure. This avoids rumble. (A mass loaded platter usually causes high levels of rumble.) The pressure of the bearing is adjustable. There are existing different philosophies about bearing pressure. With the Forte turntable you can adjust it according your preferences and taste.
      Magnetic Feet
      The table has large magnetic feet with a bearing and stabilization system. It guaranties close to 100% isolation from the floor and from airborne resonances. The magnetic bearing system allows us to use the extra silent Tefl on-ceramic combination. Usually high pressure would cause the bearing to wear out over the time. This does not happen because of the very low pressure created by the use of the magnetic system.
      Motor
      The motor is a stand-alone, decoupled AC unit. It uses a sophisticated electronic circuit to create 100% clean AC. It is very heavy motor with lot of mass to reduce all the existing vibrations. Motor energy is absorbed by using a sandwich system of metal and MDF. We decided to use a "dual motor design" to eliminate noise in the motor. By using two relatively weak, but silent running motors, we achieve perfect torque.
      Belt
      Long belts usually have some amount of wobble. To avoid this we use a special silicon string. This movement is also absorbed by the bearing block and by the huge mass of the platter itself.
      E.A.T. the Energy

The E.A.T. Forte turntable is all about eating energy.

- Energy from the ground is decoupled by magnetic feet.
         - Energy from the air is decoupled from the heavy chassis that is made from MDF and fi lled metal sand.
         - Energy from tone arm and cartridge is absorbed by using a heavy metal tone arm base isolated by sorbothane.
         - Energy from the belt is captured by the mass of the platter and by the string itself.
         - Energy from the motor is captured by the dual-motor design, the decoupled motor unit and the mass-loaded motor chassis.
         - Energy of the bearing is catch by the ceramic ball, the Tefl on plate and the magnetic bearing construction.

Technical specifications E.A.T. Forte:
      Electronic speed change * 33.33/* 45.11
      Speed variance ± 0.09%
      Wow and flutter ± 0.008%
      Signal-to-noise ratio -73dB
      Power consumption 2W
      Outboard power supply 18V/1.33A AC, suitable for your country's mains supply
      Dimensions (WxHxD) 700x250x440mm
      Weight 65kg

Photos: 

Edited January 11 by HiFi Collector Adelaide