feliks euforia or alo studio six

flea22

Item: feliks euforia or alo studio six
Price Range: 4k
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: Had a woo wa22 just cook its transformer. Might be my last woo audio product. 

Feliks euforia would be great as it uses the same tubes in my collection. 

studio six would be great as I have heard it's fantastic with lcd3s . 

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

Thanks for the reply.

Wow, what a beautiful set up!

So you think the studio six would be a better purchase then the feliks? 

They both seem to be built really well. 

Looking for something built really well, been really unlucky with woo amps. 

Want to really do my research and buy quality that lasts this time around. 

This was my Euforia with the setup when I had it. Studio Six is the better amp in terms of tone and build. No doubt about it. That doesn't make the Euforia bad. ?

The WA22 is quite good with good tubes. So was the Glenn OTL amp but the Studio Six is best of the lot...   IMO. ?

20170520_155257.jpg

IMG-3720.JPG

IMG-3176.JPG

On 14/03/2020 at 3:48 PM, Odyssey said:

This was my Euforia with the setup when I had it. Studio Six is the better amp in terms of tone and build. No doubt about it. That doesn't make the Euforia bad. ?

The WA22 is quite good with good tubes. So was the Glenn OTL amp but the Studio Six is best of the lot...   IMO. ?

20170520_155257.jpg

IMG-3720.JPG

IMG-3176.JPG

How does the Studio Six compare to the Oblivion in your opinion? Was thinking of saving up for one, but you're comments about the Studio Six have me questioning my resolve...

10 hours ago, commawaffle said:

How does the Studio Six compare to the Oblivion in your opinion? Was thinking of saving up for one, but you're comments about the Studio Six have me questioning my resolve...

2 of the best headphone amps I've owned so far in my journey with this hobby. Studio Six is more of the traditional tube amp sound but it's much faster and dynamic than a Woo Audio WA5LE which I also had the opportunity to listen for 2 weeks in my own home. Oblivion though has much faster transients and is airier and clearer than Studio Six. Studio Six is lusher than Oblivion and has a more pronounced bass. That said both amps I'd consider as being fast, agile and has tight bass control. They are not like the lush and bloom that I heard in the WA5LE with Takatsuki 300b tubes.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up buying a new euforia! Due to having a large collection of nos tubes for it, Its form factor and the fact it can be used as a pre amp.  

Also a 3 year warranty is a big plus for me. 

Still interested in a studio six or even a hugo tt2.

Edited by felix22

23 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Congrats. How much does it cost including shipping?

I bought it with out tubes and feliks gave me free shipping! So i Paid $2600 aud. The exchange rate is crap atm, but I don't see it getting better any time soon.

Got some western electric 421As to use for power and some good nos tubes for drivers. Left over from my broken wa22.

Hope the 421A/5998 gives the amp a bit more power, they did in the wa22.

Was thinking of buying the studio six new, but the price is now 7k! at addicted to audio. 

16 minutes ago, petng said:

This is the best headphone amp I the world.?

http://gpoint-audio.com/new-riviera-audio-laboratories-aic-10-headphone-integrated-amplifier-test-by-fidelio-on-musicalhead/

I had a Alo prautes before and the Riveria is so much better in every way. 

Thanks mate will have a read about it.