SOLD: Luxman L-590axii

SOLD
Price: $5750
Item Condition: 9/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Chifley ACT
State: Australian Capital Territory
Payment Method: Cash on PU/ PayPal (+3% for goods)
Reason for selling: Interesting opportunity OS for work

Further information: 

More or less speaks for itself. Class A 30w @ 8ohm/ 60w @ 4ohm and reportedly tested outputting >150w A/B (love more info).

Immaculate condition, Australian delivered with all packaging (triple box) remote etc.

I have purchased the brass(?) lugs for the RCAs as well, which I will organise to include in the sale.

It cost me $300 to ship insured from Melbourne to Canberra as an idea on shipping cost (short drive from Sydney though).

We’re moving to a unit in a few months, and I’ll be working OS a bit for the next 6-24 months. The amp is overkill for the speakers I’ll have, and I’ll drop down a bit in power as well (class A people know what I mean - hola current!).

ABA27F67-1036-4275-A39E-522C2284F83F.jpeg

0914BD65-FEAD-439B-A12E-6DB642D378E0.jpeg

099B2D19-FFC0-4BE1-ADA1-DB28E1F0C2A1.jpeg

Edited by Flayed
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Flayed said:

2 low ballers now blocked - surprisingly I’m not willing to sell this for $2500...

I've noticed that low balls accompany the aging process. Far out the fella that offered $2500 must be getting on: swing low.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jgunner said:

what are you moving on to? all the best with the sale!

Speakers: Hopefully Dali Epicons (bookshelf) from Rubicon 8s (largest towers of the series below), and a SET tube amp. Long story, but moving to a VERy small apartment for a few years because of a career move... so I’ll go endgame quality on very small size for a few years (eg 75DB peaks in a 3 x 3 room).

Edited by Flayed
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TerryO said:

Sorry completely off topic, but why do you have a cave man club laying in front of your rack? 

Should we be scared! ...?

cheers,

Terry

All good! It’s not the first time I’ve explained it. It was my bearded dragon’s basking log before she passed.

44179385-B74C-4B38-BFCD-D5F14A47935E.jpeg

Edited by Flayed
  • Like 5

Just now, Flayed said:

All good! It’s not the first time I’ve explained it. It was my bearded dragon’s basking log before she passed.

Thank god for that, I thought it was for low ballers who made it past the front door.

Mind you having said that I reckon people who make such insulting offers deserve to get a good scalp massage with such a implement of destruction.

Back to normal transmission, stunning amp by the way, GLWTS.

cheers,

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You could always have a little fun. Agree to sell it to them at their ridiculous price and arrange to "meet" them at "your address." Somewhere glamorous like the Campbellfield Waste Transfer Station or convenient like the top of the Dandenongs or the Canberra equivalent could work. Maybe the middle of the CBD in peak hour (if Canberra had such a thing :)) somewhere there’s no parking. Extra points if the rendezvous time is 10pm Saturday night or some equally convenient time. Sorry, mate, it’s the only time I’m available. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Flayed said:

2 low ballers now blocked - surprisingly I’m not willing to sell this for $2500...

Hi

I can offer you $2525 with free delivery.

Oops that was supposed to be a PM.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Flayed said:

Speakers: Hopefully Dali Epicons (bookshelf) from Rubicon 8s (largest towers of the series below), and a SET tube amp.

Apologies for straying OT, but while the Dali Epicon standmounts are great speakers, they do need a lot of power, and I found they worked best with very beefy solid state amps. When fed with insufficient power they can sound a bit lifeless and lacking bass. So make sure the speaker and amp combination works in your room before committing. In a small room, there are plenty of great small speakers that would work well with SET amps.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TerryO said:

Sorry completely off topic, but why do you have a cave man club laying in front of your rack? 

Should we be scared! ...?

cheers,

Terry

I'd say it's for the low ballers when they come to pick up their bargain!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rossb said:

Apologies for straying OT, but while the Dali Epicon standmounts are great speakers, they do need a lot of power, and I found they worked best with very beefy solid state amps. When fed with insufficient power they can sound a bit lifeless and lacking bass. So make sure the speaker and amp combination works in your room before committing. In a small room, there are plenty of great small speakers that would work well with SET amps.

I’ll be exploring many options - the baby Maggies + rel + Weston Acoustics is another idea.