Price: $300
Item Condition: excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Redland Bay
State: Queensland
Payment Method: PayPal Cash
Reason for selling: Got an amp/dac all in one

Extra Info:

A few tiny marks (edge), not easy to see, no original box. Normal retail price new is $800.

A very good sounding amp with two crossfeed stages and two gain settings.

Tech Data copied from Meyer:

Sure, from the outside the CLASSIC looks very modest and plain. However, technically and sonically this is the best and most advanced amplifier that we've ever build.

Of course this amplifier also uses the concept of active balanced headphone ground. Within this concept each headphone connection wire carries an additional signal such that the sum of the potentials of the wires equals zero. This strongly minimizes the energies stored and released in the electrical fields inside the headphone cable when an audio-signal is applied. The influence of the wire on the sound is thus reduced.

Moreover, with active ground pollution of the internal signal ground by strong driving currents is eliminated and the power-supply-rejection-ratio at the output stages is strongly improved. Thus the best conditions are given for a clean and undistorted sound.

Active balanced headphone ground offers most of the advantages of a true balanced headphone setup without the need of balanced connections. It can be used with any conventional dynamic or magneplanar headphone.

The volume control is technically very sophisticated. The position of the potentiometer is measured with the use of an AD-converter. The output of this converter is then used to switch a bank of relais to set the proper volume level. There are a total of 64 levels which allows for very small stepsizes and a very analog feeling. The advantages of this concept are strongly reduced channel-imbalances and a much cleaner and more detailed sound. The use of a conventional stereo-potentiometer does add its own sonic signature which is now prevented.

The amplification section is build around AD797 opamps biased into class-A. For the output stages BUF634 buffer amplifiers are used. These integrated circuits are very fast and thus allows the output signals to follow the input signals very closely. The amp is DC-coupled and any capacitors found in the signal path are of the highest quality polypropylen and polystyrol.

A very extensive powersupply, a large number of power-regulators, and a total filter capacity of 80.000 microF (!!) assure the best working conditions for any part of the circuitry.

The built-in crossfeed filter is a frequency-extended version of the natural crossfeed found in previous CORDA amplifiers and provides even better imaging. It also offers three intensity levels (Stereo, medium, high). To compensate for the psycho-acoustic bass-loss a separate switch allows to slightly increase lower-frequencies.

Technically the CLASSIC is an extremely advanced headphone amplifier and offers excellent value-for-money!

image.thumb.jpeg.73c7086d343c657f821bb156ac68641c.jpeg

DSC_2449.JPG

Edited by wolfz
ad photo
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By elmura
      Item Condition: Used. Well cared for Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: ORAN PARK State: NSW Payment Method: All are good. Paypal protection adds 2.6% Reason for selling: NLR My collection of favourite movies and music on DVD. There are 39 titles.

The most valuable are the Lord of the Rings Special Extended DVDs with many hours of behind the scenes, interviews, mapping out and more. These were $90 each back in the day. Excellently preserved - only the boxes are a bit tattered.

I've got the lot in a box ready for pickup or delivery (additional cost).

Music DVDs are Eric Claption Unplugged, and Linkin Park Meteora

Variety of great movies incl Gladiator Deluxe Edition, Road to Perdition, Babel, Blood Diamond, Hotel Rwanda 

• By rotur
      Item Condition: All VG+ or better, most are Ex Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: GLENALTA State: SA Payment Method: Paypal and EFT Reason for selling: Complete cull continues Further information: Selling as a job lot. Mostly European imports. The pictures form the description. PM if you need any further details. Will post Aust wide. There are 76 LPs in total. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Winno
      Item Condition: Very good but one tweeter in a CD10 is not working Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Kenmore, Brisbane State: QLD Payment Method: Cash, EFT, PayPal Reason for selling: Surplus now Further information: I’ve decided to sell my Canton CD-20 II centre speaker and 4 matching CD-10 II satellite speakers. 

these are beautifully made and very solid/weighty for their size. The enclosures are extruded and anodized aluminum and the drivers are all alloy cones/domes. 

They sound terrific (smooth and detailed) but do really require a quality subwoofer, of course, to take care of midbass and bass duties. 

They’re in very good cosmetic condition with little to no signs of use. Please note however, the tweeter in one of the CD-10s doesn’t appear to be working. I only noticed this when looking to use a couple in the garage a few years ago. I never noticed it when it was used in rear stage duties on a home theatre system I used to have. It could be an easy fix/replacement but I’ve never bothered tbh. 

these also come with 5 wall brackets, and 1 pair of matching Canton CD Series stands (which I rattle-can sprayed black)

they come from a clean, smoke-free home. 

Photos:

• By twak
      Item Condition: Varied Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Thornbury State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, EFT Reason for selling: No vinyl rig Further information:
      This is the final relist before I decide what to do with the remainders. Please let me know if there's anything you'd fancy. Thank you to all that have purchased so far.
      View the collection on Discogs - https://www.discogs.com/user/t.wak/collection?header=1  
      **Please PM me if you have interest in any individuals
      Since selling my vinyl setup these have remained on the shelf dreaming of one day being played again - but I don't see another turntable in my immediate future so I'd rather the space and let someone else spin them up.
      Any released within the last 8 years were mostly bought new by myself and remain in great condition, some are never played and others maybe a maximum of 10 times. The older releases (70s-80s) are in rough shape and may not be in the best condition.

Price is based on the Discogs median price - I will entertain offers for the complete collection but if you find any individuals that tickle your fancy please PM me with the titles and I will reply with a price.
      I will happily deliver these within Victoria if sold complete. Can ship smaller numbers internationally and interstate. Free hand delivery in Melbourne. Donation to Stereonet a given.
      Any questions please ask  
      Photos:

• By tamtu
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Fairlight, 2094 State: NSW Payment Method: Cash on pickup, Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: Wife thinks it's too big Further information:
      Selling a ELAC SUB3010 subwoofer with Bluetooth and built in room correction. Sounds great and great value subwoofer! The room correction is ingenious, only using your phone's microphone to calibrate.

Bought from Apollo HiFi in Sydney last spring, receipts available.

My wife thinks it's too big for the living room physically, and it's actually too big for the study

Since it's a couple of months old it's in great condition, there's a tiny dink on the top right corner.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item